Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prime Battle for Dominus: More Developer Videos Added

Get to know the team at Pitchblack Games behind the scenes of what's shaping up to be one of the most hotly anticipated titles of the season, Prime Battle for Dominus. Videos introducing Level Designer Dan Kershner and 3D Environment Artist Jeff Pinero have been added.

Check out the Developer Interviews at the Official Prime Battle for Dominus Website.

Comments

• sloebersloeber Member UncommonPosts: 504

does anyone know if this game is a themepark or a sandbox?

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Originally posted by sloeber

I don't know. They have talked mainly about 3 faction PvP and PvP fights over crafting resources. It hinted to me that there would be territorial control, but don't quote me on that. You scan for resources, drop a harvester, and have to come back. I don't know what you do with them when you get them. Assuming you craft things, but I'm not sure.

You should really get over to the official fora as there are polls on a lot of stuff, put in your two cents.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

It is firmly on the 'Sandbox' side of the line. It is also PvP centric, but it's not open PvP; it is faction based and there are 3 factions to choose from.

** edit **
    It should be noted that their goal is not to create a 'sandbox' or a 'thempark'. They won't answer that question for you on the forums. Their goal is to create a game that they like, and that players will like. If it uses sandbox elements, cool, if it uses themepark elements, that is also cool. It doesn't matter where the source stuff comes from, so long as the end result is a game that they are proud of and that people want to play.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• sloebersloeber Member UncommonPosts: 504

Originally posted by lizardbones

It is firmly on the 'Sandbox' side of the line. It is also PvP centric, but it's not open PvP; it is faction based and there are 3 factions to choose from.

yeah some things seem more sandboxy then in other mmo's.....like item decay and stuff.....but i cant stop wondering if there will be housing (normal or guildhouses) in it ??

time will tell :)

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

To update my above post...

A quick search of the fora shows me that the crafted items will be the best you can have in game. The FAQ notes that only some mobs will even drop armor and these will only be vendor quality.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• nathanebhtnathanebht Member Posts: 34

This isn't a MMO FPS. See below. Can't see it drawing a big audience when we instead have Planetside 2 and Firefall.

Targeting

We designed targeting to be easy and dynamic. You can target an enemy in one of three ways:

• Pointing your character - Your character will target an enemy that is directly in front of it until you enter combat. Once you enter combat you will have to manually select another target if you'd like to change.

• Lt. Mouse click - You can simply target your enemy by clicking on them.

• Tab - This standard control allows you to quickly change targets.