Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Speeders, galaxy map and a space combat entry window...

thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368

I love the speeders. It also seems that the galaxy map will have subsections, like "Hutta-space".

Read more from here.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

Comments

• ukforzeukforze Member Posts: 331

Loving the vehciles, not too keen on the map though, but without using it personally i

suppose i cant judge too much from a picture.

Looking forward to a new mmo, quite bored atm

The Deathstar destroyed planets...Lucas Arts destroyed Galaxies

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Played:
    SWG | EVE | WOW | VG | LOTRO | WAR | FML | STO | APB | AOC | MORTAL | WOT | BP | SW:TOR

• aviciavici Member Posts: 44

Those look great so far.  I'm fairly particular about mounts in games. It seems that I am ok with having shoulder pads that would weigh more than myself and probably poke holes in my skull everytime i raised my arm... but to ride around on a giant chicken looking creature.. absolutely not. 

Does calling the mount generate it and sit there, at which point we can either mount it, or let it sit out until we want to jump on? I wouldn't complain either way, but I suppose I would prefer being able to call the mount and let it hang out before jumping on.  Sometimes in SWG that was nice when I bit off a bit more than I could chew and had to get out of there.

• teknotazteknotaz Member UncommonPosts: 112

when i saw the mounts at first, i thought it was going to be a simple mount until they said at SDCC that they changed the way they and it was for the good.

• garrygarry Member Posts: 263

The landspeeders were sorta indicated to be available only to cap level players and will probably be able to hold more than one person. I was personally glad that they gave us better and faster speeder bikes, specially the ones like those we saw on Endor. They also indicated that there would be some modifications (armor) that can be applied to speeders to decrease the chance of damage knocking you off your ride. The down side? Don't get one till about level 25. Just have to live with that, a game play decision that I reluctantly, as a designer myself, agree. Still, game is looking good. Got my fingers crossed and have my DDE preordered.

• Argo951Argo951 Member Posts: 123

I read somewhere that to begin with, it will only be vehicles...but at a later point they are looking to implement animal mounts (Tauntaun, bantha etc). Im curious as to how this would work, as surely the mechanical vehicles should be faster.

• NazgolNazgol Member Posts: 864

Originally posted by Argo951

I read somewhere that to begin with, it will only be vehicles...but at a later point they are looking to implement animal mounts (Tauntaun, bantha etc). Im curious as to how this would work, as surely the mechanical vehicles should be faster.

They roid them up, or give them jetpacks or something.

In Bioware we trust!

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

WOW, what a HUGE improvement. I wasn't so fond of what I saw earlier in the year, but this totally meets my expectations. Thanks Bioware for listening to our feedback. :-)

There Is Always Hope!

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Thx OP, already drooling!

• cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362

i wonder tho travel in tor from whati have been told is also on rails set point a to point b...so you get a nifty looking speeder that you can't free travel in...whats the point then?

so say we all

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368

Originally posted by cylon8

i wonder tho travel in tor from whati have been told is also on rails set point a to point b...so you get a nifty looking speeder that you can't free travel in...whats the point then?

Those are mounts not taxis. Also, we have not been told, you assume, but there are taxis as well In fact, there was a video where developer used his speeder for nearly an hour.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."