Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arche Age solo and PVP videos

2»

Comments

• Originally posted by Mad+Dog
    Looks like WoW, EQ, EQ2, Aion ect ect with better graphics.............................................

Tab now press 123... OMG please come on.

I agree with this statement, after watching some videos the combat system is really bland and redundant, tabbing and spam skills 1-2-3-4 like in any other game. Why they don't go with a more action system like GW2 or B&S?
    Tabbing brainless system belong to the past, the future is non-targeting action mmo where you can evade, move around to avoid attacks, parry and so on. An active approach not a passive spamfest of buttons.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

After seeing these videos i know enough its all done before and combat looks lame with auto target lol.

Just another korean themepark grind no thx.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Originally posted by kdchan

Originally posted by Mad+Dog

Looks like WoW, EQ, EQ2, Aion ect ect with better graphics.............................................

I agree with this statement, after watching some videos the combat system is really bland and redundant, tabbing and spam skills 1-2-3-4 like in any other game. Why they don't go with a more action system like GW2 or B&S?

Tabbing brainless system belong to the past, the future is non-targeting action mmo where you can evade, move around to avoid attacks, parry and so on. An active approach not a passive spamfest of buttons.

That future exists now in the form of first person shooters and action adventure games.  Tab targeting and auto attack are not going away any time soon as it is very popular with most RPG gamers.

By the way, I was under the impression this was going to be a hardcore sandbox game?  What's with the soloing?  I thought that was against hardcore rules?

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Originally posted by bunnyhopper

Originally posted by elocke

Originally posted by bunnyhopper

I just like that the one vid showed World PVP.  I miss the days of world PVP like that.  So the combat is like every other MMORPG out there.  To me that's good.  I like tab target 123 combat, it's comfortable and means I can focus on the true aspects of the game, not the combat or learning a new combat system.  All who complain about combat like this need to find a new genre.

Your post was okay up until the underlined part, which seems like a completely pointless and stupid thing to say.

You proved my point in that underlined sentence with your signature.  You are a moba/fps player.  that's fine, but I'm tired of hearing people harping on MMORPG combat because they are used to games like mobas/fps.  So, to YOU its a stupid sentence, to me it speaks volumes about certain mentalities and how they are critiquing games.

I've played and enjoyed multiple mmos since my early UO days, mmos with combat systems completely and utterly different to the type you see in moba/fps games. I personally am inclined to believe that the genre can incorporate multiple combat types, just as I believe that there is space for themepark games as well as my prefered choice of sandbox mmos.

Looking at the combat in the game from the perspective of traditional rpg combat, it still looks pretty naff even in that context and not when placed against action/twitch systems.

Regardless, you saying people who don't like TAB123 should 'find another genre' is indeed daft given that the genre is in no way tied down to that specific system.

Really?  So you think we can go into the FPS games and start demanding Tab targeting and auto attack in that genre?  Yeah right.  You action junkies want everything your way.

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

I just like that the one vid showed World PVP.  I miss the days of world PVP like that.  So the combat is like every other MMORPG out there.  To me that's good.  I like tab target 123 combat, it's comfortable and means I can focus on the true aspects of the game, not the combat or learning a new combat system.  All who complain about combat like this need to find a new genre.

No, i got Darkfall.

All who are crap at aiming like tab 123.

• KharmedKharmed Member Posts: 101

I've played rpg's that did not have any kind of combat implemented, if the story is compelling and the community stick's together then we could embark on a pleasent story.

I've got no trouble with this combat system, I like the slower paced type which gives me time to think and relax when I'm playing.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Well, it looks fine to me. I'm not into the arcadey "god of war" combat so slower combat works toward my reference.

I just consider tab targeting and "aim" targeting different ways of doing things and basically different flavors.

I don't consider twitch combat an evoltuion in combat, just a different type. Keep in mind I preer Oblvioin style combat but overall tab targeting doesn't bother me.

This game cant' come fast enough for me.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by kdchan

Originally posted by Mad+Dog

Spoiler Alert: GW2 is a tab and spam skills 1-2-3-4 game. Only difference is that one of the buttons youre spamming will be dodge. And as far as moving around to avoid attacks; if you havent been doing that with any of the mmos youve been playing since well, forever, then im sorry but thats your own fault, not the game's.
  • EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

Combat and the world overall seem abit dull to me but I understand its still in beta. Even if Archeage delivers everything they promise I won't be able to look past a boring and un-original combat system. Tbh the more videos I see of this game the more I think I may just avoid it together. Hopefully they deliver

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

Good videos.

I am really liking the animations and particle effects.. Even though many games have the traditional style combat what separates them is the quality of animation , particle effects and fluidity of combat.

Just look at the animations during casting and see how the ones being used had different animations. Seeing the character mirror the grasping animation of the root spell was nice to see.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Not bad..

I love that floating water bubble CC spell lol.I like the look of the spell casting overall in Archeage.

Also,were they going for the Avatar look and feel with that race?

me thinks so

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

Originally posted by tank017

Not bad..

I love that floating water bubble CC spell lol.I like the look of the spell casting overall in Archeage.

me thinks so

Did Avater go for the Saga of Ryzom ( race ) look and feel with their race?

me thinks so

:)

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Originally posted by SlyLoK

Originally posted by tank017

Not bad..

me thinks so

Did Avater go for the Saga of Ryzom ( race ) look and feel with their race?

me thinks so

:)

never played..

so wouldnt know

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670

Amazing animations,that's all i can say.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

People keep pitching this as the next great venture into sandbox territory, but these videos are just more of the standard AC2/WOW/Aion/Rift  look, feel and gameplay.

Are there videos of gameplay and features other than what one would get from the standard MMO? I want to see what makes ArcheAge different.... what makes it the game people are excited about.  From what I read about it, those videos really don't do the game justice.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Loktofeit
    People keep pitching this as the next great venture into sandbox territory, but these videos are just more of the standard AC2/WOW/Aion/Rift  look, feel and gameplay.

Are there videos of gameplay and features other than what one would get from the standard MMO? I want to see what makes ArcheAge different.... what makes it the game people are excited about.  From what I read about it, those videos really don't do the game justice.

Everything you see in the vids can be made by players and controlled/fought over via seige warfare. That includes, airships, clipperships, villages and castles all being used for open world massive warfare taking place in the air, sea, and ground. Not to mention you can build you own house, farms, village, even plant a forest of trees.
  • Adam1902Adam1902 Member UncommonPosts: 537

Thank you for posting these videos :).

The game looks great, what I see in ArcheAge is a traditional MMORPG packed with sandbox elements. This is exactly what the genre needs IMO.

All I hope for is that the game stays true to its roots (of being an MMO), and what I mean by that is keeping instancing to a bare minimum, if at all. A persistant world where we can fight, build, conquer, trade, explore, and do whatever the hell we want. I want people to have the option to build a small remote settlement with their guild who kill anyone not under their tag. I want people to be able to rule a huge city, where the king eventually becomes too greedy and gets overthrown by large groups of players. I hope this is what ArcheAge can be. Purely player influenced.

When it gets bought to EU & NA, I hope they don't let the americans even lay a finger on it other than for translation purposes. Screw their repetitive instanced dungeon runs, and instanced PvP gear grinds. I want to play an MMO, and I most definitely don't want any of that crap in ArcheAge.

This (and Firefall) are the only unreleased MMOs I could give a shit about, but I try not to read too much about unreleased games as I end up browsing the net more than playing my current MMO :P

The graphics and animations looked beautiful too.

_________
    Currently playing: Black Desert Korea (Waiting for EU)

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.