Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone tried E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy on Steam?

jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Sci-Fi shooter/ARPG built on the source engine. Videos look decent. Wondering if it's any good.

http://eye.streumon-studio.com/

On sale for $18 on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/91700/

Comments

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Well I found a first impression but no reviews yet.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/07/29/thoughts-on-e-y-e-divine-cybermancy/#comment-page-1

No one's tried it?

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591

No I see it, and it looks good, but like you I'm waiting for feed back and havent gotten any yet

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

I just checked the top sellers on Steam and it was at the top.

Here is a link to the Steam forum for the game, lots of feedback here:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1179

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Its not cheap enough yet lol.

10% discount is nothing ill wait a month and buy it for 9.99 lol.

The guys in my Steam clan are telling me its very good.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• uohaloranuohaloran Member Posts: 811

Looks awesome.

It's been #1 seller on Steam for 4 days in a row now. Getting tons of praise in the forums. Some are calling it a throw back to the good old days of PC gaming. Being compared with original Deus Ex. I think I'll take the plunge as soon as the first patch hits, which is supposedly this week.

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170

I bought it on release. Hadn't heard of it before.

It is fucking awesome. Sure, it has somewhat low production values and a steep learning curve to overcome before you understand everything. But once you are past that, you'll find a deep game, with a very high amount of customization(beats the original deus ex in terms of customization by miles!) along with super tight game mechanics. The game feels and plays like a tight shooter, but has more advanced RPG elements than most RPGs to come out recently. The levels are completely no-linear, which allows you to play the game how you want to.

If you decide to buy, make sure to give it an hour or two to grow on you. My initial impression was that is felt super cheap and buggy, but once I got past the first mission and understand everything(takes about an hour before you get all the options you have - you can for example do research to unlock items and abilities), my impression of it improved immensely.

• ZolgarZolgar Member Posts: 533

So today I took a gamble and picked up E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy, because it looked interesting. And boy, am I glad I did.

The level of ambition these ten guys have gone for is outstanding and, in my opinion, companies with 20 times the budget and man power would be unable (or perhaps they are just unwilling) to recreate the controls and scope of this project.

Aesthetically, I love it. It actually reminds me a tad bit of Chaos from WAR40k, mostly due to some of the armor, and Deus Ex, in terms of the gameplay. Overall graphics wise, it's nothing to write home about, but not bad by any means.

Gameplay-wise, it's phenomenal. Non-linear levels, with different ways of doing your missions. Quite a bit of customization as well, with research, cybertech, actions (psi force, cyber control, drones, etc), numerous weapons and three different armor types (All changeable via the armory), a fairly good hacking system, etc.

Downside, there's a few typo's here and there, not TOO much of an issue as far as I'm concerned. Some other bugs with the AI acting up, as well as sometimes still being followed after cloaking (though I haven't experienced it myself). There's also a problem causing crashes on 32-bit systems. The dev's have said that they will be fixing them all though.

There's also multiplayer, co-op, and local co-op, which is always a plus to have.

The learning curve can also be a bit much. There are 20+ in game tutorial videos you can watch though, and would highly suggest it.

0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3

• PiggersnoffPiggersnoff Member Posts: 3

Gamespy review gave it a 4/5 stars. I didn't really read it all the way through but the gist of what I saw was that it was a lot of fun but suffered from a bad UI and some bugs. Hopefully some patches come out to fix that, it definitley looks interesting.

• ZolgarZolgar Member Posts: 533

Originally posted by Piggersnoff

Gamespy review gave it a 4/5 stars. I didn't really read it all the way through but the gist of what I saw was that it was a lot of fun but suffered from a bad UI and some bugs. Hopefully some patches come out to fix that, it definitley looks interesting.

The devs have made a few posts on the Steam forums saying they'll be fixing a lot of stuff in an upcoming patch.

0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Until they find someone competent in the English language to redo all the text so I don't have to read jumbled pigeon-speak, it can sit in limbo. I bought it because of all the comparisons to Deus Ex, but sadly it's hard to enjoy the story when you can't fucking understand it to begin with.

On the other hand, one more hour and my Deus Ex: human Revolution pre-order unlocks, so I could care less right now. image

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• mayh3mmayh3m Member UncommonPosts: 79

Just picked it up and played through the first mission. It feels old school, like back when games would kick the sh!t out of you and stand there daring you to get up and give it another go. None of this handholding that consolized games have today, in fact i was goofing around and got my ass handed to me in the first little tutorial mission. I love the gritty feel. Gunplay is solid. Havent gotten into the customization much yet but it seems very deep, a little overwhelming at first glance. Looking forward to a non-linear game with loads of replayability.

Current: BDO
    Looking forward to: Crowfall & Chronicles of Elyria

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618

Co Op makes this game shine.  I'd only really recommend the game if you got buddies to play with. 

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar