Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is like...

EmoqqboyEmoqqboy Member UncommonPosts: 194

Perfect world international but by russians. Its almost identical to PWI except for the ship battle part. endgame is totally pay2win. Sure lvl 1- before lvl cap is fun and enticing, thats the whole idea of the game; they suck you in with the fun u get from lvl 1 - cap and then when u hit max lvl, you realise, no way to keep up with competition unless u start spending bulk load of cash, so u're forced to uninstall and admit you've wasted all that time lvling up or give them your money, and fall prey to the scam.

If you're the type that enjoys lvling up and not endgame, this game is for you. Just keep lvling up characters lol. This may change in the future, as , before i left, even players in the mid lvl ranges have started to sink money i to the cash shop for the overpowering feel against f2p-ers. so eventually even lvling up may not be fun anymore.

Not to mention, the company managing this game keeps adding items to the cash shop weekly, both cosmetics AND game-enchancing items to make you spend to keep up with competition. i'm surprised the game is still running, and there are THAT many folks who cant see the logic behind f2p vs p2p yet and still think f2p is cheaper for a game they are serious about. lol@that. Truth: if u want to keep up in this game, the amount of money you would spend monthly on an average p2p monthly subscription game, will get u NOWHERE in this game, that would be peanuts compared to how much you would really have to spend.

<QQ moar plz. kkthxbai.>

Comments

• EtherniaEthernia Member Posts: 104

The sad thing is, it never actualy used to be like that at all.

End game was fun, navigating the astral/astral pvp was fun aaaaaaand then they ruined it all with the dreaded patch.

Oh well.

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

Selling in-game power items in a game with a PvP-centric endgame is a big no no... Anyone that thought that they learned their lesson after the cash shop fiasco early on in the games western life is delusional. They did just enough backtracking to get some people interested again, but IMO it was way too little too late and now they aren't even really trying. People should just avoid this kind of thing like the plague and send a clear message to developers that this sort of crap isn't going to fly.

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

Why exactly are you complaining about having to pay to stay competative in a F2P  game?

It's the same with all cash shop games.

• EtherniaEthernia Member Posts: 104

Originally posted by jusomdude

Why exactly are you complaining about having to pay to stay competative in a F2P  game?

It's the same with all cash shop games.

No it isn't.

• YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

The goal of all F2P Cash Shop / Item Mall or however you call it is to make you spend money. It's totally possible to play the game and even get semi-decent in end-game without sinking a dime into the game, but you'll need to have a lot of time on your hands. And of course, while you may not be the one spending real money, someone else will have to do it in order for you to enjoy the game to its fullest. That much is true. Many other games can be played for free without sinking money into them, but I don't think Allods is worse or better with regard to the cash shop now. The game is a high quality game for a f2p. If you know of better f2p games, enjoyable to their fullest extent without visiting the cash shop, do let us know.

I do not think that having to pay for content is a better deal, so Lotro is out. DDO is no fun at all, repetitive to the max. Allods offers End game heroic instances and raids, all with the option of spending real money in the cash shop (which will be tempting if you can afford it, true enough). The forced2pay times introduced with the Gipat patch are long gone, hopefully for good.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...

• tochicooltochicool Member Posts: 153

D'you mean "This game game WAS like..."

Accually play the current game, not the past.

FEEL THE FULL
    FREE-TO-FLAME
    FANTASY.

• KusariyaroKusariyaro Member Posts: 12

I took liberty and made a Acid build Summoner;

I was ridiculed by everyone that read it; Then they patched the game and I was getting killed by and i will bold this out for u

SHAMANS PET THAT WAS SET TO AUTOATTACK ME; THE GUY CONTROLLING IT WASNT EVEN TRYING TO FIGHT ME; BAM! 100k crit!

Not to mention imbalanced pieces of s*** that are Healers;

Constant heals; Immunity bubble that is used to pray cus it excludes him from the game; Massive resistance bubble that renders my spells virtually noobish;  Stacking dmg  and cd refreshers when casting skills;

Having every possible dissable in the game ; Blindness that messes up your screen, sends your pet wandering and slows u while deselecting your targer; Singular slow, and mass damage aoe stuns;

Worst game ever;

• YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

Originally posted by Kusariyaro

I took liberty and made a Acid build Summoner;

I was ridiculed by everyone that read it; Then they patched the game and I was getting killed by and i will bold this out for u

SHAMANS PET THAT WAS SET TO AUTOATTACK ME; THE GUY CONTROLLING IT WASNT EVEN TRYING TO FIGHT ME; BAM! 100k crit!

Not to mention imbalanced pieces of s*** that are Healers;

Constant heals; Immunity bubble that is used to pray cus it excludes him from the game; Massive resistance bubble that renders my spells virtually noobish;  Stacking dmg  and cd refreshers when casting skills;

Having every possible dissable in the game ; Blindness that messes up your screen, sends your pet wandering and slows u while deselecting your targer; Singular slow, and mass damage aoe stuns;

Worst game ever;

No Aegis Shields? No Hellion? Shaman pets when they have high enough stats will rape pretty much anyone without barriers/shields. Healers are indeed OP, Paladins can be OP too when they get  the best gear. Nerfs are on the way.

If you're going to compare classes you're going to have to factor in the gear as well because it matters a LOT. Summoners mostly go vamp build for survivability and DPS these days. You're going to get owned with a pure levelling PvE build. If you want to PvP, better build for it.

It's certainly not the worst game ever, simply because you fail at PvP with your build everybody ridiculed.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...

• KusariyaroKusariyaro Member Posts: 12

I dont want to pvp yet i was forced to; Worst game ever;

• ThanesThanes Member Posts: 182

I was going to try this again but then it ninja installed f'n Bing onto my Chrome so I said forget about it.

Also it seemed choppier than I remember it over a year ago and I'm using a much better computer.

• lovehina21lovehina21 Member UncommonPosts: 56

why do people cry over item mall? in life you have to pay to have fun.  You drink? you party? havin a BBQ? watching a movie?

going on a date?

they all cost money!  i dont see anyone complaining at a restaurant "so sitting here is free but, if i wanna eat i have to pay?"

= Scent to bed =

• ArebuxumArebuxum Member Posts: 43

This game (Allods Online) is [like]... A F2P World of Warcraft

Actually, it's not "like", it "is" a free to play WoW.  For those of you who love WoW but don't love the $15/ mo sub fee, this is the game for you.  But for me, its too much like WoW to be enjoyable.  I mean classes are all the same just named differently.  Two factions that are constantly waging war against each other.  Hotkeys 1- "="... COMPLETE WoW clone.  Not that it is a bad thing... I'm just saying.....

• EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244

Did you really expect to be able to do everything in the game without paying? Do you think this company runs a charity? How can they survive if everything is free? I just don't understand how people think sometimes. You can do sooooo much in this game without paying, and if you enjoy the game, why wouldn't you want to support it by buying something? Even if you don't necessarily needed it? 

The advantage here is that you can try out most of the game without paying a single dime, instead of going out to buy a boxed copy, and or paying a sub. Nothing is ever 100% free, and why the hell would you expect something to be?

• GreasyGhoulGreasyGhoul Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 12

Originally posted by lovehina21

why do people cry over item mall? in life you have to pay to have fun.  You drink? you party? havin a BBQ? watching a movie?

going on a date?

they all cost money!  i dont see anyone complaining at a restaurant "so sitting here is free but, if i wanna eat i have to pay?"

It's unfair to the people that DON'T pay. When a game is FREE TO PLAY. I don't expect to have to pay to have fun. Now get out of here with your BS.

• newbihacknewbihack Member CommonPosts: 36

meh, guys it is all just bad management, i mean they forced ppl to pay for their cashshop items, and took the easy way to make money, hey if anybody is playing League of Legends go see their cashshop items, it is all optional and you can  play for free, Allods could be better if they provided an optional items to their game, instead they ripoff most their fans and scrafice most of their playerbase just to get fast cash, and thats why most of the players quite becuase Allods staff were lazy, this game could have over 10m players if they followed League of Legends cashshop, but well shit happens.