Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So GW2 player hopefuls

2»

Comments

• KonyakKonyak Member Posts: 156

The chances of most people not even having their computers at mid-low end PC is quite near 0. GW2 does not use the type of engine you'd normally see in most games today.

• Elox1Elox1 Member Posts: 211

Knowing how well GW1 runs on POS computers and also how the same guy made the engine for GW2(Jefft Strain), also that they are going for a very artistic painterly look instead of pushing mega pixels I'm willing to bet that system specs aren't going to be the barrier for GW2.  

Also I disagree with most of Whilan's comments as well but I won't derail the thread getting into it. 

On a personal note I have no fears of running the game at 1920x1200 maxed out on my rig.

• KrownKrown Member Posts: 1

I agree that most people wont be able to run gw2 but you have to realize arenanet isnt trying to kill WoW and take their players away. Most games that try to kill WoW copy a lot of what WoW has just like rift and Warhammer did and just like many others they failed at trying to take down the powerhouse of mmo's. Arenanet is really smart they realize that it would take a lot more than a really good game to take down WoW. Since they did not try to immitate anything that WoW has done it that past they were able to make  an amazing and unique game that doesn't havem many if any similarities to WoW. Theres only 2 games they can be a WoW killer. Swtor (because of the HUGE stars wars fanbase and bioware fanbase) and if they cant do it the only other game will be a game from Blizzard themselves. Arenanet realizes this and their not gonna copy anything WoW related or make a game with low graphics so EVERYONE can play it.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by cybertrucker

This has to do with the fact that alot of people will not buy a new computer for a single game. Regardless of the hype. I realize that alot will. However that door swings both ways.
    I for one will be buying a new Laptop. Money is not an issue for me. I work more than I  game. LOL... With my profession (look at screenname for a hint) Laptops are just way more conveniant.
    However I expect to see a mass exodus from GW2 shortly after launch. This is just one of the reasons. Another is the fact that many might not like it. Me personally. I am hoping the game will be as awesome at it looks.

Strange, this is exactly the moment i upgrade my maingaming system or most of the time buy a new one, the moment i get an app, program or game that requires more power then my current system has. Buying a new system when you dont have anything that requires the power is throwing money away. Upgrading at this moment is just the right time, if youre smart like me and save up money for these upgrades.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• unkindbeastunkindbeast Member Posts: 35

Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by Malickie

You might have a point but you're ignoring many stability complaints could have been derived from crap hardware trying to handle what the game was throwing at it.

I say this because people still make those complaints about AOC, even though it's major stability probelms have been long since fixed.

Just after AoC released I got a new computer with  295 GTX card, the best when it released.

When AOC came out the best ones were 8800 GTXs and 9800s were still in development. 295 GTX came way after.

• YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

I have no problem in buying a new system. I'm just putting it off until the game comes out. I'm playing my current game on a 6 year old machine. I thought the lag during boss encounters (raids) was due to the server or connection, but it wasn't. The lag was due to the old machine who can't cope with the graphics during large scale encounters, even on low quality. I played on a relatively new portable and then I suddenly stopped dieing. I decided to ditch my old machine then and there, just biding my time and using the laptop for now.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...