Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is En Masse being just a little bit too hush hush about Tera?

darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383

A few years ago I was perusing the Interwebs for anything new in the mmo market. Of course I came across TOR and FFXIV, that counter that they still havnt explained for The Secret World, But then there was a game that struck me as diffrent...New and Original, and that Game was Tera. I began reading up on Tera and with the little info that they had relesed I came to the conclusion...It looked awesome, but I am a patiant one and I am a firm believer that good things come to those who wait. But is there a point when you have made your fans wait to long? Sure I can stand waiting for Tera but as it gets close to D3 Tor and other games i cant help but feel that the lack of info they have relesed on the game is making me start to really lose intrest. Sure im all for the whole "It will be done when its done" answer but with no time frame and the weekly update on monsters that are in the game I cant help but feel waiting for this one just isnt worth it.

Talk about what you think.

Is tera going to be worth the wait.

Or do they need to give your something more to go on other than monster updates and the once in a wile podcast to keep you intrested.

Comments

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

I had the same thing when Trion stopped giving news about End of Nations. Eventually, they released some new footage and it rekindled my interest.

• darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383

Tera has done the same but I am actually getting tired of waiting for each big game show to get a small 2-5 min video of a feature or two. They dont wont to relese anything juicy.

• Honeymoon69Honeymoon69 Member Posts: 647
    b/x there isnt much for them to show, game flopped in Korea already even Aion has more sub. It was rushed out like in alpha phase with missing basic mmo fuctions like loot roll? lol.
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by Honeymoon69

b/x there isnt much for them to show, game flopped in Korea already even Aion has more sub. It was rushed out like in alpha phase with missing basic mmo fuctions like loot roll? lol.

For someone that like too hang out in the tera section so much, you don't know much about the game do you.

http://www.tera-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19044

http://www.tera-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19083

On topic.

You are correct op they don't say much about the details of the game and if they do it's very slow in coming.  I think they are more worred about giving out info now and then find out that it changed 2 weeks down the road.

Example: over the last month the warrior class has been changed and next month the warrior class is getting revamped again along with a few tweeks for the Sorcerer.

Every change / patch that BHS does now, we will get for the NA/EU launch.

BTW:  Honeymoon  tera launched with various loot roll options (dice roll, need over greed, round robin), but they decided to expand the roll system.  Tera might not be "the best thing since sliced bread" but it sure beats the hell out of any game coming out this year.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

This game makes me think I should learn Korean and open up a westernization company. Work Slower Please.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Originally posted by Honeymoon69

Is that really a basic function? I recall a time when people decided who was going to get the drops and if you screwed someone over then it was a bullseye on your head.

loot roll. image

Maybe this game has some promise yet.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

This was what the game had during CBT3 back in July 2010.

Party Distribution Settings

In CBT3 there are several options for looting

• Free Loot - Lets whoever picks up an item keep it

• Assigned Distribution - When an item is picked up it is assigned to party member either randomly, or in a sequential order.

• There is also the option to have loot only distributed to classes which can use the item.

This is what they are going to add in the August 2011 patch

New method to gain items:

We will add new methods to gain items, not only the dice rolling option but also an option for party members to bid against each other for a dropped item.

Along with these changes

1. Warrior & Sorcerer class, rebalanced:

Many of you have been asking for this and we will bring it to you: the rebalancing of Warrior & Sorcerer classes. The warrior class will be reborn as an offensive class with the upcoming August patch. They will still do some defensive work but in parties they will be taking on offensive roles much more often.

Sorcerers will have an easier time maintaining their mana during battle with skill balances and MP Leech skills; also they will get some new devastating spells that will aid them.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by stayontarget

This was what the game had during CBT3 back in July 2010.

Party Distribution Settings

In CBT3 there are several options for looting

• Free Loot - Lets whoever picks up an item keep it

• Assigned Distribution - When an item is picked up it is assigned to party member either randomly, or in a sequential order.

• There is also the option to have loot only distributed to classes which can use the item.

This is what they are going to add in the August 2011 patch

New method to gain items:

We will add new methods to gain items, not only the dice rolling option but also an option for party members to bid against each other for a dropped item.

Along with these changes

1. Warrior & Sorcerer class, rebalanced:

Many of you have been asking for this and we will bring it to you: the rebalancing of Warrior & Sorcerer classes. The warrior class will be reborn as an offensive class with the upcoming August patch. They will still do some defensive work but in parties they will be taking on offensive roles much more often.

Sorcerers will have an easier time maintaining their mana during battle with skill balances and MP Leech skills; also they will get some new devastating spells that will aid them.

Are you saying those are the patch notes for a years worth of development time?

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

Originally posted by azmundai

Are you saying those are the patch notes for a years worth of development time?

No if you want that info you're gonna have to go look it up your self > http://www.terafans.com/forum/4-tera-community-news/  or look in the PTR sticky posted above^^

And the game has only been out in Korea for 7 months.