Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This makes me sad.

123457»

Comments

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by vesavius

Originally posted by Strayfe

Many people see an Elin, and it triggers their protective instincts.  They see the creature as comparable to a child and as something to be protected, rather than objectified in a sexual manner.  The problem arises when you pause and realize that you are being protective of VIDEO GAME PIXELS. 

So it's ok to draw pictures of children in sexy underwear, as long as it's just pixels and you give them a new name?

No.

I am fine with adult sexualisation, we are sexual animals after all, I am not offended or threatened by the adult human body being shown in a sexy manner and I like FANTASY armours in FANTASY games (that are not historical recreations in the slightest), but I do NOT buy into this 'give the image of a child a made up name and a bit of lore and it changes the image' argument at all.

What you're offended by, though, is your perception of what they are... not what they actually are.

In the game's lore, they are fully grown, adult beings. That you can't, or won't, see beyond thinking "they're children" is your own issue... not the game's.

If you can suspend disbelief to accept that any of the other races exist, or indeed, anything about the game's world or setting... then it shouldn't be difficult to accept that a small, youthful looking race of people are, in fact, adults and not children. It requires no greater stretch of the imagination to accept one over the other.

You don't have to "buy the argument" if you prefer not to... Just understand that the entire situation is then rooted in your refusal to accept something being anything other than what you've convinced yourself it is.

Anyway... based on the amount of outrage in this thread alone, it's no wonder they decided to tone it down for the Western market.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Edit

nvm.  my pic's are to big for this site.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

Originally posted by Honeymoon69

thats why I wont be playing this game its going to be dumb down western mode, hide this hide that garbage.

To each is own, cya ya but why do you keep coming to the Tera forum section if you do intend not to play tera?

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• gimmekeygimmekey Member Posts: 117

The ones who vehemently oppose the loli content are probably the very same closet pedos who do their best to repress their urges.

Kinda like conservative senators who get outed as flaming homosexuals.

Don't be mad bros. We won't judge. 

These are a few pic's of my castanic berserker and yeah its skimpy ;)

This armor is my fav,  it shines like the underside of a sea shell <3

Grr I hate you mmorpg  -_-

• EverSkellyEverSkelly Member UncommonPosts: 341

Yeah, i get it.

If they will cover pixel vaginas and pixel boobs, you will all quit. You will not play Tera online. Pixel vaginas is what makes a game good, it's what makes it immersive. Every time you see that pixel vagina, you nerds will drool. But if they cover it, you will rage.

Saddens you, doesn't it.

Originally posted by EverSkelly

Yeah, i get it.

If they will cover pixel vaginas and pixel boobs, you will all quit. You will not play Tera online. Pixel vaginas is what makes a game good, it's what makes it immersive. Every time you see that pixel vagina, you nerds will drool. But if they cover it, you will rage.

Saddens you, doesn't it.

Oh its a good, game regardless of how sexy it's characters are. Remember its all about gameplay and not about graphics (gamers anthem).   Besides don't you think your kinda over exaggerating things just a bit.  I have yet to meet anyone do the things you mentioned above.  All this ranting is pointless anyway, if the game is good then people will flock to it regardless of armor renders.

• grafhgrafh Member UncommonPosts: 320

Originally posted by gimmekey

The ones who vehemently oppose the loli content are probably the very same closet pedos who do their best to repress their urges.

i smell a troll.. i am a pedo... 17 and over and they are all good in my book. that doesnt reflect what other people are though. so because a person watches boxing, they are fighters themselves, or violent?

and its the opposite, people who want the content hidden are the ones probably supressing certain urges.. those who want it shown are the ones that have no problems with censorship.

• ElricmerrenElricmerren Member Posts: 295

I have to agree that over the top or otherwise reveaing armor in a mmo is pretty common, and jsut as rediculous to have in the game as the violence and realism of the rest of the game. I though would like to see more options or designs of gear that is both more  conservitive as well as more of the high fantasy type in the game, because then we would have a choice if we wanted to have that "bikini-like" armor or the more traditional armor. Even having a option in the game to toggle between a conservitive or non-conservitive armor design would be ncie to see. THe fact that people find more extotic looking or designed armor troublesome or odd is vary strange to me atleast, even the fact that people fnd the overally stylized and sized weapons weird in a fantasy setting gets weird as well. I would love to see the devs give us the option to have either version as wel level so that it is not the "higher level the gear the less it covers, or bigger the weapon is" syndrome we have now. THough i also want to see single one -handed weapon fighting styles come back, since this thing os either using a two hand or dual weildng as a melee damage dealer is getting old now.

• BigBadWolfeBigBadWolfe Member Posts: 143

Okay for the people that didn't want to read through all the pages of this stuff, this is a silly thread about the fact that Elin loli race is getting covered up for US release.  As far as I know/saw there is no changes for the other races.  Even if they did manage to cover up all the races, this game will still be be 50% sexier then the current sexiest mmos. Tera really pushes then envelope when it comes to sexual inneudo, and there's no way it's all gonna get removed by US/NA launch.

About the gear itself, not every piece of gear in the K-Tera version makes the player half naked, though 90% of them do (for both males and female characters).  There is a gear skin changing feature already in the game, so those players that wish to distinguish themselves, or just want to cover up without losing stats can do so at a price.

I just want to add that female models and gear do not seem to offend any of the RL females that I know.  It seems the general opinion is that they would rather play as an oversexualized character then an ugly/plain one, so I don't really see the ponit in all these changes.

Originally posted by grafh

Originally posted by gimmekey

i smell a troll.. i am a pedo... 17 and over and they are all good in my book. that doesnt reflect what other people are though. so because a person watches boxing, they are fighters themselves, or violent?

and its the opposite, people who want the content hidden are the ones probably supressing certain urges.. those who want it shown are the ones that have no problems with censorship.

Reread what I wrote, and do the same with what you wrote. Get back to me when the neurons fire.

• gaugemewgaugemew Member Posts: 158

Originally posted by end_break_f

Originally posted by gaugemew

I'm going to spread some truth on this thread.

This has all been said by the western team many MANY times.

There are ZERO screenshots of the new outfits for the western market.  No one knows what they will looks like. 

The screenshots of the censored outfits were shown at a fan preview thing that Terafans went to.

Just to show two. Needless censorship is a sign that more BS is going to get censored/edited by the guy who think's he knows what we want. I mean they already announced legalized RMT (Chronoscrolls). GG for Brian Knox as producer. Did he list Aion on his resume or what?

Wow.....and yea, they have no clue what their audience here wants.  I can't believe this is a part of what is taking them so long to localize.

• gaugemewgaugemew Member Posts: 158

Also this

http://www.tera-online.com/forums/showpost.php?p=316210&postcount=1317

apparently voices were heard. but some form of censorship willc ome.

• 3zoomcom3zoomcom Member Posts: 6

just curious and come.

"...because war and dead civilians are kewl, but g-strings and bewbies are bad"  - Western Logic

• SylviiSylvii Member Posts: 13

This is a selling point imo, so losing that is crummy.  I plan to play as the popori animal race, but I'm all for the scenery.  Castic female looks amazing, sure hope they don't nerf the sexy artistic looking armor sets.  I think my wife will play Ellin female so she might not be happy with wardrobe changes either.  Wait and see I guess. 

Originally posted by Sylvii

This is a selling point imo, so losing that is crummy.  I plan to play as the popori animal race, but I'm all for the scenery.  Castic female looks amazing, sure hope they don't nerf the sexy artistic looking armor sets.  I think my wife will play Ellin female so she might not be happy with wardrobe changes either.  Wait and see I guess. 

You're in luck, Castanic females will not be changed nor will the human & high elf female armors.  Only a select few armors of the elins will be changed,  kinda silly if you ask me but I suspect it won't be as bad as most people think.

I'm playing a High elf female warrior now on Ktera and their leather armor & combat animations are outstanding.

• RazeronRazeron Member Posts: 180

Korean-Clone MMO #5,259 loses it's only selling point: Boobies.

More news at 11.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

Originally posted by gaugemew

Also this

http://www.tera-online.com/forums/showpost.php?p=316210&postcount=1317

apparently voices were heard. but some form of censorship willc ome.

Thank-You

I wouldn't have found that in a hundred years. I still say they should have just put tits on the elim and gave the pointy heads the middle finger but less because I ever planned to play an Elim more because I hate censorship from twats who have no clue what they are looking at.

• Luc32Luc32 Member Posts: 3

- WTF son, i told you that you are not old enough to look at these kind of pictures ... I dont care if its in a Video Game ...

/slaps kid behind the head

- Look daddy, i am about to hack this guy into little bits and pieces ...

- Way to go son, i knew you could do it ...

/proudly lays hand on sons shoulder

It still amazes me how messed up priorities are to people these days ...

• Reas43Reas43 Member Posts: 297
    9 month old necro.
This discussion has been closed.