Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Terrible game, imo.

2»

Comments

• thebigchin11thebigchin11 Member Posts: 519

It is truly the only game where I feel truly annoyed at spending money on it.  It was like buying a pair of jeans with the arse cheeks missing, not only have you not bought what you want, you look like a twat for having bought it. 

Chins

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Apeg
    I will not repeat the same mistake that I made with UO and I will stick with Earthrise regardless of some technical issues and lack of polish.

There is a major difference between your UO experience and Earthrise.

With UO, you quit the game because of insufficient knowledge about the game and personal dislike but technical and other issues of Earthrise already highlighted here are objective and valid. It isn't a matter of liking but objective description of game issues, not really any complaining.

Sure, no game is for everyone but some things simply should not happen, regardless whether you like the game or not:

https://play-earthrise.com/account/precovery

Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by Apeg

I will not repeat the same mistake that I made with UO and I will stick with Earthrise regardless of some technical issues and lack of polish.

There is a major difference between your UO experience and Earthrise.

With UO, you quit the game because of insufficient knowledge about the game and personal dislike but technical and other issues of Earthrise already highlighted here are objective and valid. It isn't a matter of liking but objective description of game issues, not really any complaining.

Sure, no game is for everyone but some things simply should not happen, regardless whether you like the game or not:

https://play-earthrise.com/account/precovery

Gd, unable to access it cause no longer a member.  Swift explanation of that link?

Chins

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by thebigchin11

Gd, unable to access it cause no longer a member.  Swift explanation of that link?

You need not to have a registered account. Just click the link and read the message.

Or open their site, click Account -> Log in -> Forgotten password

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by thebigchin11 Gd, unable to access it cause no longer a member.  Swift explanation of that link?

You need not to have a registered account. Just click the link and read the message.

Seriously? That is astounding. That's like one of the first things you setup before you even release your game. Sometimes before you even have a game to release and you just have a hype website.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by lizardbones
    Originally posted by thebigchin11 Gd, unable to access it cause no longer a member.  Swift explanation of that link?

Seriously? That is astounding. That's like one of the first things you setup before you even release your game. Sometimes before you even have a game to release and you just have a hype website.

Every time I try to play it gets worse.

I pick up a mission to kill giant bugs, leave the compound and the game will not let me enter combat mode. I just get a system message that says, "You cannot enter combat mode in a demilitarized area." or something similar to that. Standing next to me is another player happily shooting away at the bug that is killing me and knocking me around.

It's ironic that find such a bug in a mission to kill giant bugs.

If you are one of the few people who have fun playing this game, more power to you. I'm glad you found a game you like. I don't think there are going to be too many people joining you.

I pick up a mission to kill giant bugs, leave the compound and the game will not let me enter combat mode. I just get a system message that says, "You cannot enter combat mode in a demilitarized area." or something similar to that. Standing next to me is another player happily shooting away at the bug that is killing me and knocking me around.

If you are one of the few people who have fun playing this game, more power to you. I'm glad you found a game you like. I don't think there are going to be too many people joining you.

lizard, I really wanna a refund on this.  If I could afford a solicitor I would in a moment because it is faulse advertising.  Have never been more annoyed about a game.

Chins

lizard, I really wanna a refund on this.  If I could afford a solicitor I would in a moment because it is faulse advertising.  Have never been more annoyed about a game.

At least I'm playing a free trial. I would actually be angry if I had only spent the $14.99 on Steam to buy the game. That's probably about 3 British Pounds right now...maybe 6 Euros. :-) But still. I'm not sure how they should advertise the game, but 'Greatest Sandbox Experience Ever' isn't it.

They really should have nixed building a giant world (and I believe it really is a big world) and spent that money on the game engine and their servers.

Le sigh. A Wild 'World of Tanks' Appears!

At least I'm playing a free trial. I would actually be angry if I had only spent the $14.99 on Steam to buy the game. That's probably about 3 British Pounds right now...maybe 6 Euros. :-) But still. I'm not sure how they should advertise the game, but 'Greatest Sandbox Experience Ever' isn't it.

They really should have nixed building a giant world (and I believe it really is a big world) and spent that money on the game engine and their servers.

Le sigh. A Wild 'World of Tanks' Appears!

We devalued our pound to boost exports which is what greece. portugal, spain and ireland (near bust) cannot do which means it costs us a hell of a lot to pay in euro's.

Chins

• ConjureOneConjureOne Member UncommonPosts: 233

But still. I'm not sure how they should advertise the game, but 'Greatest Sandbox Experience Ever' isn't it.

Well if they added sci-fi avatar-based to "greatest sandbox exp ever" it woudl be legit, also "greatest" is a subject of a lot of speculation, for one it is great, for another is tard. Troll.

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Hate to say it ... but even though they have made leaps and bounds the past few months, this game is still a worse sandbox than Mortal online.

Indie or not .. games this incomplete and poorly developed should not require subscriptions.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file