Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's comming back for 1.18?

Hey all, I was just simply wondering who is going to come back and try/play FF14 for 1.18. I don't care for any hate posts, so if you're going to say anything negative about 14 this isn't the place, don't do it. Please and thank you. Also, if anyone is comming back or just starting, Come to lindblum server and I'll get you guys set up with a LS and help for whoever needs it. :)

Karasu Linkshell for Final fantasy 14 now accepting all members! Just head on over to karasuls.shivtr.com and apply now! Linkshell info is on the site. :)

Comments

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494

Or come to Selbina >.>

There have been a lot of people I have noticed coming back for 1.18 on my friend's list and most of them are very happy with the changes.  That being said it can still be pretty daunting coming in as a new player so if you need help don't be afraid to post on the forums (official would be best) or find someone in game to help you out with your questions until we get a more comprehensive tutorial in place once all the changes are done.

/shouting questions is fine as long as you don't absuse it, but realize that like all MMO's it is better and more useful to get help in a more direct fashion rather than broadcasting your questions to the largest number of people possible.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

I sucked it up to buy this game and I agree with the above.  There is SOOOO much different that it's daunting.  I logged in, asked a couple of questions, was ignored, and logged in disgust.

Originally posted by Ikeda

I sucked it up to buy this game and I agree with the above.  There is SOOOO much different that it's daunting.  I logged in, asked a couple of questions, was ignored, and logged in disgust.

That's too bad it is a friendly community at least on Selbina.  Demanding answers to your problems in shout is just not the way to go about it, if you ever log back on and happen to be on Selbina send me a tell I'd be glad to help you through whatever problems you have.

Alternatively you can post on the New Player Help forum on the official forums.  I hope you don't take offense to this but there is a saying... when in Rome, don't act like you are still in WoW.  Meaning the community is friendly, but is not there to be abused and in my opinion I kinda consider shouting for help very rude and I would never do it just like I would never do it in real life (unless it was an actual emergency). 

I will help people who shout regardless, but more often than not I discover that they are rude people in other ways as well.  I'd much rather someone approach me directly and politely.  But that's just me...being a human being.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

I don't go in looking for a fight typically when I have questions... I posted to shout "Anyone have a few minutes to answer a couple of n00blet questions"... got no reply.  I tried to run around and find someone in person to talk wth and maybe it's due to a tutorial or something but I couldn't find anyone (I figured maybe sending someone a personal tell would incline them to help).

I'll hafta switch over.  I'm TRYING to give this set of updates the benefit of the doubt (as they really ARE getting rid of things that miff me) but if I can't get past the first 30 minutes it's definitely not going to get me to sub when they decide to charge Crysta (which BTW, the entire setup of the account is SOOOOOO difficult it is almost off-putting).

Originally posted by Ikeda

I don't go in looking for a fight typically when I have questions... I posted to shout "Anyone have a few minutes to answer a couple of n00blet questions"... got no reply.  I tried to run around and find someone in person to talk wth and maybe it's due to a tutorial or something but I couldn't find anyone (I figured maybe sending someone a personal tell would incline them to help).

I'll hafta switch over.  I'm TRYING to give this set of updates the benefit of the doubt (as they really ARE getting rid of things that miff me) but if I can't get past the first 30 minutes it's definitely not going to get me to sub when they decide to charge Crysta (which BTW, the entire setup of the account is SOOOOOO difficult it is almost off-putting).

Oh lol.. well you start the game inside an instance, and then go to a shared instance where the only other people you see are people also on the tutorial.  Once you leave that however with the basics (though they are not enough really and will be hopefully expanded upon in a future version), then you actually enter the real world.

It is really the only time it happens in the entire game and only takes a few minutes to get through, but yeah if that was your problem then that would explain a lot about why you were not getting any responses. =P

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516

any of the old patch websites still keep updated?

2.4 kb/s again, the patcher is useless .. i used a site before but lost the link now..

edit: ah its ok found it: http://tehkrizz.net/FFXIV/downloads.php