Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what do you do in this game?

FermentFerment Member UncommonPosts: 17

sorry if this has already been posted, but i can't quite figure out what i'd be doing in this game if i bought it?

i like being able to play an mmorpg through steam (though i've yet to find a good one through it which always end up with me regretfully unsubbing) but again whats they're to do in the game?

endgame? pvp? crafting? dungeons+raids? territory control? everything about it seems a bit vague.

any enlightenment would be appreciated, and to give a background i'm coming from active WoW and AO play.

Comments

• FredelasFredelas Member Posts: 36

All you do is quest from level 1-30.

There are 5 five-player dungones, one of which is at max level, but ironically drops gear that mostly requires level 31+.

That's really all this game has.

• FermentFerment Member UncommonPosts: 17

Ah, that explains the vagueness i've encountered while browsing around about this game. Thanks.

• AshynAshyn Member Posts: 91

• FredelasFredelas Member Posts: 36

The game does have potential, but for every bright spot it had, there were easily two or three disappointments for me.

I get tired of reading the excuse that the game is only a month old, because I think it was born about 6 months prematurely. It has a solid 4 years of development behind it (at least 3 years at Perpetual and 1 year at Heatwave), yet it is still prone to frequent client crashes and game stopping bugs.

The most disconcerting thing is, I don't see any reason for players to subscribe. It took me just under 40 hours of /played time to do what seems to be every quest and dungeon in the game the first time around. The second time took me 28 hours. Hardly any of the 100+ players in my tribe have logged in since two weeks ago, and I see no reason to subscribe when my free month runs out next week. There were 36 players on the entire server last night during prime time.

Still, at its new price of $30 (or $20 if you find it on sale), it may be worth it to some players. The setting was a nice change of pace from other games. If you're looking to get out of Azeroth or Telara or Middle-earth for a month, and all you want to do is quest and explore, there are worse things you could spend your money on. I think there are better alternatives, too, but none of them feature this particular ancient Mediterranean mythological setting or style of gameplay with minions, if that's what you want.

• jungleninjajungleninja Member UncommonPosts: 206

The only thing you can do in this game is level. Only to lvl 30, whilest there are items to be gotten that are higher and quests for higher levels, etc. But they dont work...yet. No crafting till early 2012, no ah (its on hold till crafting is done), alot of bugs, glitches (even in a road and on flat grass), gfx are outdated by 6 years or so. Only 5 classes, 6th on its way in 2012-2013.

• MW2KMW2K Member UncommonPosts: 1,036

Heh, I see your arse got banned on the GnH forums, so you come here and post ten times in a row. Just let it go man. Nobody apart from the game's makers and maybe 10 others care about this game, and nobody really cares about any opinions posted anywhere, including here.

So, move on.