Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GM's supporting AQ

Comments

• DreCat11DreCat11 Member Posts: 33

"It also appeared that a member of the attacking force had managed to logout inside of the keep, and open the door"

LOL, they claim that a SS member logged in to open he door, where it cleary shows that Afterlife a AQ member was right next the door when they ran inside  whcih it was UNLOCKED. They  claim the door was locked and a member opened it from the inside which was an exploit.

What a joke.

Thats the best they came up with?

• headenheaden Member UncommonPosts: 229

I love how they lock threads like this. It's like saying "This is all there is to discuss about this topic! And we have the final say in it, move along, move along nothing to see here."

• NixishNixish Member UncommonPosts: 185

They should sell the game to SOE. Not like sony can make it any worse than it already is.

Right?

• DreCat11DreCat11 Member Posts: 33

I dont think it can get worse xD

• MoreplexMoreplex Member Posts: 472

I love Shinzon's/Blacl Opal's response.  It basically siyd the game is broke, gms are dumb. tons of exploits, and after a year we don't know if catapults should be placed on keeps, what do you guys think.  lol

I really do not even know why people are attacking a keep anyways, they are worth nothing, and they are not even useful.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

the door was not unlocked by an aq member, since we reset the locks at start of the siege and no keys were made for the keep. There is a bug with doors on houses which was unknowingly exploited in this instance resulting in the gms having to take action to protect the integrity of the keep.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988

Originally posted by deathshroud

the door was not unlocked by an aq member, since we reset the locks at start of the siege and no keys were made for the keep. There is a bug with doors on houses which was unknowingly exploited in this instance resulting in the gms having to take action to protect the integrity of the keep.

Yes, and SantaClaus is going to bring me toys in December!

Let me ask a very... very... simple question.  Instead of porting people.. killing people...  was it not possible for a GM to simply make a server announcement telling them to immediately stop?  Wouldn't that be better than... you know.. insta-killing players with GM powers without warning (and not reimbursing for the lost gear)? Did they make that announcement and it just not get seen?  Because I watched the video and I didn't see it but I wasn't really looking for it.   I mean, it's not like this stuff (GM interference) never happened before.. as a matter of fact, it happens just about anytime a keep is attacked, which was why the "big announcement" was made that they would NOT do this any longer...   So much for that... I guess it went the way of Tindrem, and magic schools, and UO bags, trade tools, taverns, Heat system, functioning AI, and sending working "release" CDs to people that bought them a year or two ago...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

ha they not interviened the consquence would have been much worse letting people gain access to a keep thay had no right to be in.

• RedRocketRedRocket Member CommonPosts: 154

ha they not interviened the consquence would have been much worse letting people gain access to a keep thay had no right to be in.

I was waiting for your reply, I knew it would be the highlight of the thread.

The gms did not kill everyone in the keep they only killed 2 of the 30 people that piled into the keep. Reasons as to why they only slayed 2 particular people i dont know, but im guessing there was a reason why those 2 specifically were slain.

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

Originally posted by RedRocket

Even for a good lie, that wall of text is just too long to read it for entertainment purposes.

Could you give a reason why this is a lie? He basically said :there is a major bug with the doors locking and players being able to log out on top of enemy keeps, in the process of evaluating this a GM made a mistake, the consequences of this mistake wer urgent and the rsponse was handled badly. Why is corruption more likely than error?

"The explanation that puts Starvault in the worst light is the best explanation" and all it's variants is bias, not a reason.

Originally posted by osmunda

Even for a good lie, that wall of text is just too long to read it for entertainment purposes.

Could you give a reason why this is a lie? He basically said :there is a major bug with the doors locking and players being able to log out on top of enemy keeps, in the process of evaluating this a GM made a mistake, the consequences of this mistake wer urgent and the rsponse was handled badly. Why is corruption more likely than error?

"The explanation that puts Starvault in the worst light is the best explanation" and all it's variants is bias, not a reason.

No, I cannot give you that reason, because I didn't read Opal's post. My assumption that everything he says is a lie is based on the fact that everything he has previously said was a lie.

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566

Maybe they suddenly died of being infected by a mysterious poison.

No, I cannot give you that reason, because I didn't read Opal's post. My assumption that everything he says is a lie is based on the fact that everything he has previously said was a lie.

this is so untrue i just dont know what to say, please quote black opal saying something that was proven to be a lie?

Ummm so you didn;t even read it and you're reason to assume anything he says is a lie is because you believe everything he has previously said is a lie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_reasoning

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtles_all_the_way_down

Ummm so you didn;t even read it and you're reason to assume anything he says is a lie is because you believe everything he has previously said is a lie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_reasoning

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtles_all_the_way_down

No no, I don't believe everything he previously said is a lie. I know that, as a fact. Because I read the stuff he usually announces or "explains".

But you knew that of course. You just planted different words on me.. sigh. Really refreshing again.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

I guess FULL PvP includes the GM's as well :).

Seriously though: When an exploit is suspected, it HAS to be handled afterwards, without this kind of intervention. Last thing you want (As a developer) is for people to hold back on sieges due to possible exploits and GM's raining death on everyone.

It's like their staff is comprised of 14-year olds.

The gms did not kill everyone in the keep they only killed 2 of the 30 people that piled into the keep. Reasons as to why they only slayed 2 particular people i dont know, but im guessing there was a reason why those 2 specifically were slain.

Black Opal should just announce this:

"Mortal Online. We only slayed 2 people, not 30, and someone guessed there was a reason!"

• SaunakillerSaunakiller Member Posts: 57
    I'm a big fan of MO but I've taken some heavy blows lately. We had peeps logging out inside the CHAOS keep and asked a GM if this was right. Cause they kept on logging in, killing some of us, then log out again. We were told that this is possible inside keeps, but not in player houses. Ok. So that sucked major balls. Then we had a fight with AQ, they were hired by L, cause L was building a tower behind our keep. And everything went well, until AQ somehow got inside our keep and killed us. After what I've read here, and what has happened over at AQ keep, one must wonder how the same issue we brought to the GM gets looked upon differently when it comes to AQ. And how the hell did AQ get inside our keep? If it looks and smells like shit, it probably is shit. This has put a thorn in my MO-heart...

"It also appeared that a member of the attacking force had managed to logout inside of the keep and open the door."

He is not saying that someone did log out inside the keep, he saying that it appeared that way (i.e. Discord assumed that it was an exploit, not an error that  he had introduced himself.)

"It also appeared that a member of the attacking force had managed to logout inside of the keep and open the door."

He is not saying that someone did log out inside the keep, he saying that it appeared that way (i.e. Discord assumed that it was an exploit, not an error that  he had introduced himself.)

So Discord assumed.... well in that case I'm going to resub my five accounts immediately and get 10 new ones.

No no, I don't believe everything he previously said is a lie. I know that, as a fact. Because I read the stuff he usually announces or "explains".

And you "know" everything he previously said is a lie as a fact because ?

As to "It also appeared that a member of the attacking force had managed to logout inside of the keep and open the door." ...  if you don't want to play, then don't.  I'm not trying to convince you to play the game.  I'm just saying that Black Opal was describing what was suspected in the heat of the moment, NOT what they determined to be the case after evaluating the situation.

And you "know" everything he previously said is a lie as a fact because ?

Alright, alright.

"Mortal Online: Not everything we have previously said is a lie."

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

I think you have to look at this in the context that it is NOT an isolated incident and these pop up every month or two.  Especially after the announcement on how GMs would never interfere again...

So much for that.

Yeah, this is what I thought when I saw this. If this were an isolated incident those defending the GM's may have had a point but with the frequency of this kind of thing in MO they don't especially when they stated that after the last shitstorm that it wouldn't happen again.... yet here we are reading yet another of these threads about the same type of GM interference. 

Take a good long look at those defending MO and the GM's on this, no sane person would be without something to gain.

This was wrong, it's happened before, they promised it wouldn't but apparently they lied, there is no excuse for this kind of thing. These are all undeniable truths. 

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Let me ask a very... very... simple question.  Instead of porting people.. killing people...  was it not possible for a GM to simply make a server announcement telling them to immediately stop?  Wouldn't that be better than... you know.. insta-killing players with GM powers without warning (and not reimbursing for the lost gear)? Did they make that announcement and it just not get seen?  Because I watched the video and I didn't see it but I wasn't really looking for it.   I mean, it's not like this stuff (GM interference) never happened before.. as a matter of fact, it happens just about anytime a keep is attacked, which was why the "big announcement" was made that they would NOT do this any longer...   So much for that... I guess it went the way of Tindrem, and magic schools, and UO bags, trade tools, taverns, Heat system, functioning AI, and sending working "release" CDs to people that bought them a year or two ago...

Hmm... no responses on that.. wonder why...

Anyhow, it's NOT LIKE THIS HASN'T HAPPENED repeatedly before...  and as they say:

Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018