Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why you should NOT order the collector's edition!

Comments

• lunatislunatis Member UncommonPosts: 261

Originally posted by Sovrath

sort of like choosing our own destiny is better for ourselves in the long run. crazy world. image

I won't physicaly go and stop people from buying this crap.

People CAN chose to buy it or not, I just thought some people would realise that paying 100$ for some plastic or metal statue crafted in china by children, that has a real material value of 1$ to 4$, doesn't really make them happier but only satisfy their greed.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Originally posted by albers

why this game is so hyped? I dont understand it.

The same reason GW2 is OVERhyped....they are new. the draw for me is because it is Star Wars and Bioware.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

Originally posted by lunatis

First, remember that by buying something that is overpriced, you encourage the price to raise / stay high.

We all figured out their collector's edition was overpriced and way overrated, they are not even describing the whole thing well, just one big fat photo for all the items. Now shoot the money!

Boycott the colector's edition! First, if nobody buy's it, they will lower the price. Seccond, who cares about whatever's in there? The figurine doesn't make it any better really, let's be honest!

DON'T buy the collector's edition, it's wayy too expensive, plus they don't explain if what you're paying for is actually useful?

Who the hell knows what the special store will be there for and who cares!

Don't let them MIND CONTROL you!

I ordered mine. Just because it's not worth it to you doesn't mean it's not worth it to others.

Also, I broke out the pricing in the other thread, it's really not that inflated if you break it down.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• MrMonolitasMrMonolitas Member UncommonPosts: 263

Originally posted by Raora

yet you take time out of your day to come here and post

So acording to you that means...? 

Anyway  bioware ? star wars? meh

• KelthiusKelthius Member UncommonPosts: 298

Originally posted by Atlan99

Star Wars + Bioware = Hype

This. Bioware has extremely successful games and Star Wars is Star Wars.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

Originally posted by Raora

yet you take time out of your day to come here and post

So acording to you that means...? 

Anyway  bioware ? star wars? meh

I say Bioware + Star Wars = WOOOOOOOOOOT!

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

** Deleted :  Wrong thread **

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Originally posted by adam_nox

A couple things.

the CEs aren't sold out, they are listed as such because they aren't ready for ordering yet, there will be plenty available.

secondly, don't criticize others for posting their exasperation at what's going on in a game they think it's overhyped, it's perfectly valid.

Yeah I'm sure Amazon is just saying they are sold out.

Ssecondly don't criticize others for posting their exasperation at chicken little posters who scream "the sky is falling, the sky is falling".

• sungodrasungodra Member Posts: 1,376

First, remember that by buying something that is overpriced, you encourage the price to raise / stay high.

We all figured out their collector's edition was overpriced and way overrated, they are not even describing the whole thing well, just one big fat photo for all the items. Now shoot the money!

Boycott the colector's edition! First, if nobody buy's it, they will lower the price. Seccond, who cares about whatever's in there? The figurine doesn't make it any better really, let's be honest!

DON'T buy the collector's edition, it's wayy too expensive, plus they don't explain if what you're paying for is actually useful?

Who the hell knows what the special store will be there for and who cares!

Don't let them MIND CONTROL you!

I'm not buying it because it cost too much. I'll simply buy the standard version on a digital download. I don't need to have the box sitting in my room. I have my world of warcraft box sitting in here and it is in the way taking up space. I want to throw it out tbh.

"When it comes to GW2 any game is fair game"

• RuethusRuethus Member Posts: 101

sort of like choosing our own destiny is better for ourselves in the long run. crazy world. image

People CAN chose to buy it or not, I just thought some people would realise that paying 100$ for some plastic or metal statue crafted in china by children, that has a real material value of 1$ to 4$, doesn't really make them happier but only satisfy their greed.

I completely agree with what you're saying and trying to do by making this thread, but it's like screaming at a wave to stop...  =

Originally posted by skeaser

I ordered mine. Just because it's not worth it to you doesn't mean it's not worth it to others.

Also, I broke out the pricing in the other thread, it's really not that inflated if you break it down.

If you value a cheap piece of plastic or metal at 80$ yes it might be worth it, might look nice on your counter. You might as well go to a dolar store and buy some toy and call it your unique collector edition toy.

I think that would make more sense.

• donjuanagaindonjuanagain Member UncommonPosts: 135

I bought the CE today so damn hard, my credit card company called and asked if everything was ok.

What I dont understand is why people come on here complaining about how much it costs to get the collectors edition. If you cant afford it, then dont get it. Get the regular copy and be about your business. They arent going to give this game away so every tom, dick and harry can get the CE. Yea, I could have used that money to buy something else but this is the kind of stuff I like to spend MY money on. Why does anyone care on this forum about what other people do with their money? Newsflash, it isnt your money. Hell, if I want to wipe my ass with $150 and flush it down the toilet thats my business.

• RevivialRevivial Member Posts: 194

Originally posted by sungodra

I'm not buying it because it cost too much. I'll simply buy the standard version on a digital download. I don't need to have the box sitting in my room. I have my world of warcraft box sitting in here and it is in the way taking up space. I want to throw it out tbh.

Will you feel like you missed out on the VIP Lounge and Vendor?

"I swear -- by my life and my love for it -- that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."
    - John Galt

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

And if the economy crashes tomorrow I could have 3 pairs of jeans and a new set of boots to go out and kill me some dinner.  Oh wait, I'd need to know how to shoot and have a gun and bullets and a safe place.

Will your car help you with that?  Will your mortgage?  Will your insurance?  Like it or not, nothing in this world is necessary minus food and sleep.  Everything else is up to the person involved.

• MazinMazin Member Posts: 640

Originally posted by donjuanagain

Hell, if I want to wipe my ass with $150 and flush it down the toilet thats my business.

/end thread

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010

Well, if you break down most things you will find that when looked at under another economy they might not be worth what you think they are.

Go look at all the Washing Machines made in mexico. Heck, look at your own washing machine and see where it was made. I guarantee that if it was made in mexico or china then you paid quite a bit more for it than what you think. Same with your TV. If you own one. yet you don't actually need a washing machine. Or a TV.

I pay $75 a piece for theater tickets. usually for two (can't make a date pay for her ticket! If I invited her that is!)

Tell me how often do you do that? or maybe you don't because you dont' think it's worth it or you just aren't interested.

I won't deny that there is a certain materialsm to the whole thing. Does one really need a statue? No matter what the cost?

Then again, I like Hugo Boss shirts because they are made far better than what I find at Sears or Macy's. Still, they are very expensive when compared to the average dress shirt. And maybe less where they are made. whereever that is.

I could go with a Sears' dress shirt but I dont' like how it feels nor do I like the stitching. Of course you might not be able to tell the difference (other than the Hugo Boss shirt has a much cooler collar - in my opinion). Yet I make that choice because it's worth it.

still, you might take care of that car of yours, give it better tham regular gas, maybe even take it to be cleaned once per week. Yet I think the entire thing is a waste of money.

We all have our material limits.

The problem here is that if I was to walk into your life I might find some of your money decisions ridiculous. You would probably do the same with me. I'm sure we could point at each other all night and laugh ourselves hoarse.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RevivialRevivial Member Posts: 194

Originally posted by Ikeda

And if the economy crashes tomorrow I could have 3 pairs of jeans and a new set of boots to go out and kill me some dinner.  Oh wait, I'd need to know how to shoot and have a gun and bullets and a safe place.

Will your car help you with that?  Will your mortgage?  Will your insurance?  Like it or not, nothing in this world is necessary minus food and sleep.  Everything else is up to the person involved.

We are HUMAN, even food and sleep is a choice. :)

"I swear -- by my life and my love for it -- that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."
    - John Galt

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

When u look at whats in the ce. Its more then the statue. U get the statue of darth malgus, u get 111 page ghost gnall's journal with pics never before seen u get acdess to an in game store. U get flare gun, a droid for combat help there are a few in game and a few out of game goodies. 

Combine that with the fact the reg game is 60 and its well worth the extra 90 dollars. That said i only orderd the standard digital because thats all i wanted or can afford.

If i could of afforded it id of gladly bought the ce but i couldnt and for those that can good for u. its not up to anyone to tell anyone else what to buy or not to buy. Its up to us to make our own decision.

Mine was to go for just the standard game. I dont see why this even matters to anyone at all.

• MrMonolitasMrMonolitas Member UncommonPosts: 263

Originally posted by Ikeda

this

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Who says it won't make them happier you? God you have a inflated ego as another poster said get over yourself. Does holding on to a peice of paper with markings on it (money) make one happier? For some possibly. If your gonna talk greed and try and say your taking the high road isn't there perhaps more important  causes to champion? Poverty, Child labor, Animal cruelty, starvation? Nope your out to save people from buying a CE. No ones being mind controlled, and you trying to tell people what they should or should not spend their money on, or what will or will not make them happy just showes you to be the biggest hypocrit of them all.

• B14cKs0LB14cKs0L Member UncommonPosts: 152

I Don't understand this thread. I just spent 300 bucks on coke and a hooker..I think it was worth it..

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Originally posted by tank017

this thread isnt working lol..

so many people have already bought it

This made me laugh.

Anyways, it will be fun to see if the CE will be back in stock. A lot of people don't think so.

• sungodrasungodra Member Posts: 1,376

Originally posted by Revivial

Originally posted by sungodra

Will you feel like you missed out on the VIP Lounge and Vendor?

Probably that vendor.. Not exactly sure about the other thing. VIP lounge?

I probably wont keep playing the game anyhow. I bought rift and then my other addiction took over and I haven't subbed that game since.

"When it comes to GW2 any game is fair game"

Originally posted by donjuanagain

I bought the CE today so damn hard, my credit card company called and asked if everything was ok.

What I dont understand is why people come on here complaining about how much it costs to get the collectors edition. If you cant afford it, then dont get it. Get the regular copy and be about your business. They arent going to give this game away so every tom, dick and harry can get the CE. Yea, I could have used that money to buy something else but this is the kind of stuff I like to spend MY money on. Why does anyone care on this forum about what other people do with their money? Newsflash, it isnt your money. Hell, if I want to wipe my ass with $150 and flush it down the toilet thats my business.

You wanted it so bad just to prove yourself that you could afford it and not that poor Tom, Dick or Harry you mentioned? Great!

• daydreamerxxdaydreamerxx Member UncommonPosts: 178

my opinion is if you want to support a company who has spent 100million on a game and 8 years of time. then spend the 150 for it. im going to. sure the price is a tad much 100 would be fine. but i support bioware and swtor so im going to pay the price. if anyone has a brain they will not let this post persuade their decision on purchasing it. while im sure there are people who may agree. the truth is by not buying it your hurting the company. it also will not make them lower the price. 

This discussion has been closed.