Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is gonna get trolled like a mofo when it gets released.

PolantarisPolantaris Member Posts: 54

Not saying that I'd do it, but it will.  It's FAR too easy for a group of trolls to destroy everything people have been working on.

The ENTIRE game is based on player-induced ecosystem.  If the players all kill monsters, cut trees down, etc, without reproducing the world, things go extinct.  So all you need is about 20 players who are all assholes, to go region by region and just take everything out.  All the trees, all the monsters, all the flowers, every single thing.  Even if it doesn't compeletely destroy the game, because there are areas with respawns, it will seriously infuriate any player who was working on keeping these places ideal.

It's a troll's playground.  And that's where the game will fail.  Once it gets released and people realize this, all hell will break loose.  I guarantee it.

---
This is but a brief parting.

Comments

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

Let me start by trolling the name and the MMORPG.com Wakfu page image. Wakfu sounds like a whack form of kung-fu. And the image is of a skinny cabbage patch hooker. It's like World of Tanks. My first impression was World of Warcr... I mean Tanks. Blatant ripoff of a similar name to draw attention? I hate to judge a book by it's cover, but sometimes I just can't help it.

To curb my small troll attempt, I do think many of the mechanics I've read about in Wakfu look interesting and are things I have been looking for in an Online RPG.

On topic, that is a pretty serious oversight if there are not mechanics to prevent such things happening. Unfortunatly trying to convince hostile players to stop it, only encourages them further.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• Insomniac47Insomniac47 Member Posts: 1

To tell you the truth, the game can only be trolled if the governer takes part in it. The "so called government" is able to reintroduce the plants, animals, etc if anything else fails. If you have a governer to take part.. than yeah, the game can be trolled. Also, it would give the other people the chance to increase their wakfu % since I'm sure people keep there "cutting" of trees and "seeds" in there haven bags. If anything else fails.. become a gonverner and wreak havoc the old fashion way ;)

• TokyojoeTokyojoe Member Posts: 49

Truth is,that Trolling has become so rampant ,that you could actually invent a fictious game, make a post here giving a brief description of it, say it is in beta and you played it on an Asian server for instance, and an army of Trolls would descend on the fresh meat for a feast. ie, Hey, I just played a game on the Korean servers named " Last Of My Kind",it was a post-apopalypyc,zombies from space first person shooter with mmorpg gameplay and reminded me of WoW and Eve. Coming to a server near you soon. Troll: "Sound like just another WoW ripoff to me. Fail"

I may know the least here,but I am the loudest about what I do know.

• ChimpsChimps Member Posts: 192

Here's the thing.

If that were to happen it would take hours for them to finish trolling. Do you know a single person who would waste their life on such a thing?

If trolling isn't easy people aren't going to troll.

OP i really don't think you played the game long enough to understand anything of this.

• BanquetchefBanquetchef Member Posts: 19

Is that a little kids' game? Looks a lot like one. If it is kids will not even notice trolls. That would be like a terd in a room full of terds saying, "Hey,someone stinks in here." Kids play kid games  by different rules and standards. Every game they play becomes whack a mole.