Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, gods and hero's or rift?

I've been looking for a new game and was about to download rift when i saw this had finally been released.  I had been interested in this game for a few years now and was surpised to hear it had finally launched. From what i've read so far reviews seem to be mixed or negative, any fans here who can say this game is acutally quite good and has a bright future?

Comments

• cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362

the devs continually slash the box/dl proce of tyhe game. tho they admit they don't need a large player base to remain profitable it's becoming a bit fishy. They havent implemented alot of features including pvp so i am staying away

so say we all

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Play WoW.

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

Originally posted by SuperXero89
    Play WoW.

lol. that answer told the op nothing. i played beta and it wasnt bad. i would like this game to succeed cus i love the setting. i havent tried it yet since launch but ive read the combat is clunky and no ah or pvp yet. so far, thats all i know.
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I played in beta and the game is, 'OK'. If you get the Steam deal ($14.99 for the game and a month of time/$9.99 a month to play) then it's probably worth playing. Rift is more expensive, both for the download and the monthly fee, but it's also worth playing.

Rift is a much more complete game, with more features. G&H isn't "complete" yet. It's a complete game, but it lacks features you'd expect from a game released in 2011. Notably there's no PvP in the game at all. It's 100% PvE. G&H does have a system where you can build your own Roman Villa though, which is cool. It also has a minion system, where you basically have a team that follows your orders. You still need groups for stuff, but in regular world questing you have additional skills available from your minions.

G&H is a bit dated. It was supposed to release in 2005, so the graphics and systems in the game are advanced for a 2005* release, but for a 2011 release they are kind of dated.

So if you want something new, that's finished but still getting new content and don't mind spending the additional money, then Rift it is. If you want an 'old school' feel, in a game that's developing and (hopefully) adding new features, and want to spend less money, then G&H it is.

* I might be wrong about the 2005 release, that might be 2008.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Clearly Rift, this is not even close.

• raamozraamoz Member UncommonPosts: 114

Originally posted by jpnole

Clearly Rift, this is not even close.

This.

There isn't really much to discuss if you're considering the two games.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

Between those two games, Rift wins hands down.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Ugh, I tried Gods and Hero's as I was in the beta for a long while. The game has some potential (as usual) but it's soo unpolished it's not funny. Rift, in my opionion, just stole everything from every game out and put it into a pretty nice package. It's pretty fun, although I believe most of the souls are the same damn thing.

Between the two, I would go Rift; But you could also come over to Eq2 8)

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

you may want to play god's but in a few more months,rift is a good game,well polished,but god's needs a bit more work.

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361

I personally couldn't get into Gods and Heroes. I liked the character creation, but the rest of The game was archaic. It was one of the worst MMO's I have played this year, and not to mention a complete waste of money. Your best bet would probably be Rift because it was developed by like-minded people who knew what the hell they were doing.

• jungleninjajungleninja Member UncommonPosts: 206

If you really wanna know, I have played both and still play RIFT. Rift is way ahead of god and heroes and ill tell you why:

RIFT - Has a nice crafting system. You can mine, collect, skin, etc. And breakdown items for matts.

g&h - Has no crafting system at all! (they started creating a small, small, crappy version of it, by just letting you break down items for crafting matts), so in that fact g&h is crappy. And nothing in the near future will make it better.

RIFT - Has PVP

g&h - Has no pvp and only intensions to make it in the coming 5 years or so.

RIFT - Has end game content

g&h - Has no endgame content and in fact, they dont even have end game yet! lol! They are still working on lvl 31-35 (not done yet). End game is being said to be lvl 40. So, still that has to be done. Think of a year or two from now, or more.

RIFT - Has auction house

g&h - Has no auction house at all. They where busy with it, but put it in the fridge, because they deemed lvl 31-35 content more important. In fact, g&h has no financial system at all to be honest.

RIFT - Has cool gfx

g&h - Has outdated gfx, from ages ago. The last time I played a game with those gfx, was I think in 1999 or 2000. Somewhere like that.

RIFT - Has updates to make the game better very frequently. So the game keeps you going and is worth the monthly pay.

g&h - makes you pay per month for no real updates. Once in a few weeks a few bugs get fixed, but thats it.

So, all in all this is a fair comparison to what its like now. You may choose, but its obviously actually!

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

RIFT !

• oakthornnoakthornn Member UncommonPosts: 863

I beta tested GnH a few years ago. Then the game shut down for a couple years and this company bought the rights to the game.... I beta tested it again and it was the same thing I tested a few years ago. No changes were made. It was as if the people who purchased the game just released it as is and is now using the money from the customers to try and come up with fixes..

Basically, your playing a unfinished game from 3 years ago...

If your thinking of buying rifts or this pile of crap, go with Rifts... It's a no brainer..

It's like buying a car in a million pieces or a car brand new off the lot.. What would you buy?  :/

Rallithon Oakthornn
    (Retired Heirophant of the 60th season)

• jungleninjajungleninja Member UncommonPosts: 206

Originally posted by oakthornn

I beta tested GnH a few years ago. Then the game shut down for a couple years and this company bought the rights to the game.... I beta tested it again and it was the same thing I tested a few years ago. No changes were made. It was as if the people who purchased the game just released it as is and is now using the money from the customers to try and come up with fixes..

Basically, your playing a unfinished game from 3 years ago...

If your thinking of buying rifts or this pile of crap, go with Rifts... It's a no brainer..

It's like buying a car in a million pieces or a car brand new off the lot.. What would you buy?  :/

Hahaha, you gotta like this one! It surely made me laugh! You are really right here. I like the comparison!