Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO Developers of P2P games! Stop allowing your games to be beta tested, it is badly for release and

slim26slim26 Member UncommonPosts: 645

Use that head you all have and think, people that you allow to test your game... most of them will correctly test it  but a lot of them will not and I mean a whole lot! The bugs found by bad testers will not be given to you to fix, it is stored for release to be spread around the internet like a plague.

Allowing beta testing give the so call tester the knowledge of how the game function so when the game is out it can be exploited very quickly so fast that many of your so call new subs will be max level in no time and then spread bs around the net about how lame your game is combined with power leveling guides the exploited way and other game breaking bs.

''NDA mean jack **** ''

So go back to testing your own games, you do not need us we have done nothing but corrupt. Without beta to the public  gets you real subs, people that have no idea about how your game functions and allow us to use our head for once and figure things out with immersion.

'' Giving out beta's to a few are still given to thousands, we do not need keys, all it takes is one discussion forum''

here is something about a  new fun polish game that just came into release, keep in mind that it was in public alpha and beta stages.

(What's the point in doing a level in four hours? What is the point in playing a game at all?)

(Answer: I guess you can safely assume that everyone of those who raced to 50 within the first week already played heavily alpha or at least beta, so there was nothing new to experience for them anyway. At least for my group the leveling was sooo boring, we almost could not stand it, so we wanted to do it as fast as possible to get to the dungeons and raids, that we could not see in alpha. Now we know, why Trion did not show them to us earlier...)

MMO Developers get your head straight.

Comments

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

BEta testers are required to get real world measures on server load and such. 

But I do agree that devs sohuld test their own content.  The only problem is if your workers are testing your content, what defense dothey have if they get fired because they said "The game is a wow clone and it sucks"?

Also, If they do hire testers, whats stopping them from going in and trying to find the good in the game?  Because if they say its incredibad and such, the company may not hire them again.  You know how upper management in corporations tend to be. o.o

Ofc I think that devs relly need to focus on the beta testing to be mor elike demos.  As in dont show them everything and just show them enough to get the data you need o.o

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• slim26slim26 Member UncommonPosts: 645

Originally posted by Castillle

BEta testers are required to get real world measures on server load and such. 

But I do agree that devs sohuld test their own content.  The only problem is if your workers are testing your content, what defense dothey have if they get fired because they said "The game is a wow clone and it sucks"?

Also, If they do hire testers, whats stopping them from going in and trying to find the good in the game?  Because if they say its incredibad and such, the company may not hire them again.  You know how upper management in corporations tend to be. o.o

Ofc I think that devs relly need to focus on the beta testing to be mor elike demos.  As in dont show them everything and just show them enough to get the data you need o.o

IF they hire testers and pay them then the NDA becomes real because if the testers go around spreading bs or acual facts a law sult would come into play and why risk the job? that would be stupid.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Actually there are paid testers being hired.

Here http://www.square-enix.com/eu/en/jobs/

See? squeenix hiring game testers

Edit:

Also, after working on years on something, most fo the higher ups such as designers have already been sold that their game is awesome no matter how bad it is.

Devs do test themselves.  Its called the QA team XD except they will have a hard time throwing their game down because if they have too many bad comments they might lose their job or w/e

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**