Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it my imagination

azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Or have they been Westernizing this game for over a year?

What's the friggin hold up?

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

Comments

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448

Have you actually SEEN the game?

There IS no way to westernize it.

• naraku209naraku209 Member Posts: 226

Takes a long time to translate all the dialogue and skill sets and gear etc

• elsdragonelsdragon Member UncommonPosts: 28

the long wait is breaking down my hype for the game, yet im sure when it's release comes ill be back and happy again.

• AlucardlbAlucardlb Member Posts: 83

its more so than just translating the text, they are redoing the pvp rulesets, changing alot of the quests, and adding more, redoing all the armor for the elin >_>

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by azmundai

Or have they been Westernizing this game for over a year?

What's the friggin hold up?

You are correct,  EnMasse was created and started working on Tera around March of 2010.  Seeing that lv58 Dark Awakening patch just dropped in Korea last month, I'm sure they are working on that content also.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Last i heard it's been going slowly because the game didn't have a great release overseas. My guess is they want to fix the game up and add more content before releasing it in NA.

It sucks, but it's probably for the best to help ensure the game doesn't tank when it is released here.

• Honeymoon69Honeymoon69 Member Posts: 647
    I heard they are waiting to see when SWTOR is coming out since they are so scare of it.
  • AlucardlbAlucardlb Member Posts: 83

Originally posted by Honeymoon69

I heard they are waiting to see when SWTOR is coming out since they are so scare of it.

much like how SWTOR wont release a date because they know Blizzard is going to drop a huge content patch that day and drown them out, also sad to hear they wont have a open beta for swtor

• santimiarsantimiar Member Posts: 129

The problem is that I don't want them to change the ruleset etc. I'd prefer to play a translated game as it was made and intended to play. Not how people think players in the western countries want it to be.

• donjuanagaindonjuanagain Member UncommonPosts: 135

Originally posted by Alucardlb

Originally posted by Honeymoon69

much like how SWTOR wont release a date because they know Blizzard is going to drop a huge content patch that day and drown them out, also sad to hear they wont have a open beta for swtor

Im kind of for and against open betas. Im glad there was an open beta for Star Trek Online. It kept me from spending my money on it. However, I think games should have a limited open beta where you can only play up to a certain level or see certain content and thats it.

• elsdragonelsdragon Member UncommonPosts: 28

Originally posted by santimiar

The problem is that I don't want them to change the ruleset etc. I'd prefer to play a translated game as it was made and intended to play. Not how people think players in the western countries want it to be.

i don't think they will be changing anything of the game to much. just translating the game and some of the engine coding to work for NA / EU servers.

we get the same thing k-tera is just english, with a few minor changes. (how minor is that idk.)

• Honeymoon69Honeymoon69 Member Posts: 647
    smart game company wont do open beta b/c they lose box money even if their game sux.
  • ardohainardohain Member Posts: 103

Originally posted by elsdragon

Originally posted by santimiar

i don't think they will be changing anything of the game to much. just translating the game and some of the engine coding to work for NA / EU servers.

we get the same thing k-tera is just english, with a few minor changes. (how minor is that idk.)

something they /are/ changing that is, imo, already too much - the elin armor. it's been decided that it's too mature for the white skins decended from the puritan rejects of europe.

Originally posted by ardohain

something they /are/ changing that is, imo, already too much - the elin armor. it's been decided that it's too mature for the white skins decended from the puritan rejects of europe.

Actually It's BHS that is making the decision to do the changes and not EME.  So far only one EME employee has seen the changes to the elin armor and it's mostly leggings on a few of the armor, said its gothic like.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• bygeorgebygeorge Member UncommonPosts: 104

Originally posted by stayontarget

Actually It's BHS that is making the decision to do the changes and not EME.  So far only one EME employee has seen the changes to the elin armor and it's mostly leggings on a few of the armor, said its gothic like.

The change was EnMasse's decision, and is being done by the original Bluehole artists. I am sure some people besides Bromags have seen the changes.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Mature is hardly the right word for anything about the elins. And I am hardly a puritan, my ancestors were rather nasty vikings and mercenaries.

I do not get offended by virtual nudity or anything but children in "sexy*" armors still makes me wonder "why"? Of course I rather dislike the elins altogether, children or things that looks like kids have nothing to do on a battlefield.

I just see people playing obnoxious brats, elins seems even more annoying than gnomes.

Originally posted by bygeorge

The change was EnMasse's decision, and is being done by the original Bluehole artists. I am sure some people besides Bromags have seen the changes.

Quote:

TIG: Many people say the characters are too sexual.

BHS: When we were designing the outfits for each race we had a few goals. However, we agree we may have gone a bit too far with how much skin the female characters show. We thought it wasn’t a big problem when developing but once players started to play and rotate the camera around it became a problem.

To give the each race its own style, we always worked on the race first then the outfit but the quality sometimes had drastic differences. Aman females and Elins are the primary examples. They were both worked on at the end but their quality is completely different.

We thought both of them would only be played by minorities but Elin gained a lot of attention. We are still thinking about what the priority should be when developing characters.

Looks like they were going to make changes well before the meeting with EME,  I could be wrong though.

• Originally posted by stayontarget
    Looks like they were going to make changes well before the meeting with EME,  I could be wrong though.

No no, En Masse ask the change for Us/Europe version, Eme is the only repsonsable on this matter. The BHS reply on the TIG interview is not a statement for the future just an opinion, infact the korea/Japan version still untouched since beginning.
    Just to calrify.

Or have they been Westernizing this game for over a year?What's the friggin hold up?

Probably they wait the latest patch (august) and moreover the end of summer for a possible cbt/obt before the gold release.