Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXI Switching to Static 30 Day Billing Cycle

ZinefriZinefri Member Posts: 34

At the start of next month FFXI accounts are switching to the newer Square-Enix accounts system. One change that comes with this is that billing for FFXI will now take place every 30 days from WHENEVER you subscribe. In the past FFXI has always billed upon the first of the month regardless. Meaning that if it is not currently the 1st of the month you waste money paying for time you can't get. See all the details here:

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news20920.shtml

[quote] In order to improve the quality of our services, we will be transferring all PlayOnline accounts to Square Enix Accounts. 

- Transfer Period

July 27th, 2011 (Wed) ~ August 31st, 2011 (Wed)

> Transfer Process

For you security, you must take affirmative action in order to complete the transfer.  You can perform the transfer easily by following the instructions on the Account Transfer Page that will be unveiled On July 27th, 2011. This page will include detail the transfer process for those customers that have a Square Enix ID and those customers that still need to create a Square Enix ID.

Please note that a Square Enix ID is REQUIRED to completed the transfer process.. To help simply this process, we strongly suggest that all customers complete the Square Enix ID account creation process and obtain a Square Enix ID prior to the transfer start date. If you need to create a Square Enix ID, please visit:

http:// https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/register/j/kb59527na

The PlayOnline ID and password will be required for PlayOnline accounts in order to complete the transfer process. If you need to recover your PlayOnline ID or password, please visit the FAQ below:

http://support.na.square-enix.com/j/kb59527na

> Additional Information

- Special In-Game Bonus

Those customers that complete the transfer process prior to the end of the transfer period (August 31st 2011) will be rewarded with a special in-game item for Final Fantasy XI. This item will be distributed to all characters on PlayOnline IDs that complete the transfer. Additional details, including in-game item information, will be made available on the account transfer page.

- Subscription Periods

As a result of the transfer and moving to the Square Enix Account Management system, the subscription period for Final Fantasy XI will be changed from $12.95/month to $12.95/30 days.

Please note, under the previous system all subscriptions were billed at the 1st of the month, regardless of start date. After completion of the transfer process, subscriptions will now bill in 30-day periods based upon the date when the subscription is initiated.

Subscriptions will continue to renew automatically and can be cancelled at any time. If cancelled, the cancellation will now take effect at the end of your 30-day prepaid period.

* If an additional character slot is purchased during the middle of your prepaid period, the associated fee will be prorated based upon the number of days remaining in your prepaid period. At the end of the prepaid period, the additional character slot will bill at the full rate.

-Friend List Plus

-LinkShell Community

-Community Site Link Registration Requests

-Player Event Support Requests

> Services Affected by the Transfer

-Character Reactivation Service

Please note, that after the start of the transfer process, the Character Reactivation Service will be temporarily unavailable. We expect service to resume late-August 2011. Once service has resumed, you will be required to transfer your PlayOnline account to a Square Enix ID before you can utilize this service. We recommend that you perform the transfer process as soon as possible.

-Friend List Application

-PlayOnline Member Information (Web Version)

We will be posting responses to questions from customers on the following URL, so please take a look.

- Square Enix Support Center Account Transfer FAQ

http://support.na.square-enix.com/j/kb59527na

* Please take a look at the URL for effects on customers who will not transfer also

This will inconvenience our customers, but we kindly request your cooperation.  [/quote]

Comments

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

I noticed this today as I was resubscribing. Good news! I forgot about the old system which would have sucked for me today, if I had to pay for two weeks instead of the full month.

• DarkersonDarkerson Member UncommonPosts: 8

Glad they are finally making this change. Always sucked when I had the urge to play after taking a break and it was half way into a month. 

• ZinefriZinefri Member Posts: 34

Just to be clear, the new payment system hasn't started now YET. But it will at the end of this month I think. At least if I'm reading it all right.

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

Originally posted by Zinefri

Just to be clear, the new payment system hasn't started now YET. But it will at the end of this month I think. At least if I'm reading it all right.

Yeah thats what it looks like but for players returning we would have to wait till end of August to reactivate since they are showing character reactivation will be down till the 27th. 

I would be playing now but the current payment system made me walk away after numerous attempts to reactivate. So this is a relief they are making it the way it should have been from day 1.