Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is APB the example of a successful relaunch?

MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

I was looking at Xfire when suddenly I noticed something: to my big surprise I saw APB Reloaded on the 4th spot, even above an EVE Online, LotrO and GW.

Which was surprising to me, because I knew it had relaunched, but in my eyes with not much a buzz around it. Yet here it is, doing from what it looks like a lot better than it did at its initial launch.

Which begs the question, can MMORPG's have a 2nd chance, and does this break the rule in which many believe that if an MMORPG had a bad launch it'll never recover from it again?

Maybe it's time to have APB Reloaded added to the MMO list here again? image

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

In APB's case it really didn't live long enough intially for many to give it a try, what was it like a month or something? I know by the time I thought about giving it a go I couldn't, though I did recently and it hates my PC, I really need to upgrade. Can't fault the game for my PC not handling it.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

It went pretty smoothly, had an open beta, and launched without any major issues. With that I would the new owners did a good job at launching it.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Not in the slightest. The game is just as bad as before with all the same problems.

Anything new or deemed to be new is going to have a surge, but that's all it was.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

In my opinion, all of these rereleases are designed for one purpose: to get a large influx of cash for a relatively small amount of work. Unfortuantely, I think it's working. It doesn't matter if it's the exact same game. The mere fact that its rereleased, reloaded, unrated, or whatever is enough to get desperate, ignorant, or bored players into the game. I feel the same about titles that are converting to F2P. It seems like most of the effort is going toward the design of the cash shops. Apparently there are a lot of people who are OK with that; At least for a couple weeks. True, there is no harm in trying these games, I guess I just expect more.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Maybe Fallen Earth will get a good kick up the jacksie when it goes F2P,it deserves a good reboot maybe Gamers first can pull it off as the have with APB reloaded.

p>