Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Was really looking forward to this

2»

Comments

• AsellusAsellus Member UncommonPosts: 11

Understandable, I don't think many people separate point-and-click into categories.

I'm glad people finally understand what I meant- at the very least =p

@anthonyman6: I humbly beg for your pardon ?

• anthonyman6anthonyman6 Member UncommonPosts: 73

For the Korean version, yes. Not for NA version. I can guarantee that.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Aion has that option to, you can decide for yourself if you want to point and click or use the mouse keybaord :P

Its a option not a decision made for you !

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

I have always used point and click for targeting..

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

I guess I'll repeat it since OP hasn't seen yet

Point and click is OPTIONAL.  WASD will exist.

You misunderstand me kind sir, I'm not talking about the movement mechanics..

I'm talking about the battle mechanics, there is a VERY subtle difference.

I would like to see an arcade-style battle system, like the ones in-say the elder scrolls series or gothic, not dragonage.

Do you understand what I mean now ?

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Originally posted by Asellus
    You misunderstand me kind sir, I'm not talking about the movement mechanics..
    I'm talking about the battle mechanics, there is a VERY subtle difference.

I would like to see an arcade-style battle system, like the ones in-say the elder scrolls series or gothic, not dragonage.

Do you understand what I mean now ?

Mass-combat (i.e. hundreds vs. hundreds of players in a small area) is utter rubbish with an arcade style system.

And even so, I would like to witness it.

Although I know it would need quite a powerful server  =]

So you're wanting darkfall-esque combat? Or am I misreading still?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but I'm extremely happy that ArcheAge does NOT have a Darkfall combat system.  And as for your other example, I greatly dislike Oblivion's combat system for an MMO.

Or are you asking for a system more like other "action" asian MMO's on the horizon?  C9 comes to mind.  Because I feel there are plenty of other games that have the style you're asking for, and I'm looking forward to ArcheAge being more traditional gameplay with more of the -features- that I'm looking for in an MMO.

• ChloroCatChloroCat Member Posts: 98

It is point and click. However that is used as now in beta as more of a " if you get stuck it's easier to move out" thing. You can use arrow keys and wasd if you want too. It moves just like RIFT. So take a deep beath and a shot of Jack and take it easy. Cause it's gonna be mid next year before Archeage gets to step into the west.

Jymm Byuu
    Playing : Blood Bowl. Waiting for 2. Holding breath for Archeage and EQN.

Originally posted by Sheista

Or are you asking for a system more like other "action" asian MMO's on the horizon?  C9 comes to mind.  Because I feel there are plenty of other games that have the style you're asking for, and I'm looking forward to ArcheAge being more traditional gameplay with more of the -features- that I'm looking for in an MMO.

Eh... something along the lines of an "action asian mmo"-

but with a more realistic approach.

I can't think up too many good examples at the moment, because as far as mmos go, the only hack-and slash ones I've played are highly unrealistic.

LaTale was fun though, especially interesting that they gave you the ability of tailoring your skill build, by picking what you wanted from a set of skilltrees.

If I remember correctly, that feature will also be available in AA, which I will be heavily exploring =]