Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

--- How about playing for fun? (New guild starting on AB)

laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118

Whether you are an old veteran with grey hear (or no hair left at all), or a new player just starting out, I can tell you a secret I found out a few months ago. There is more to the world of Norrath than chasing for numbers.

It is often easy to forget the important reasons why we first picked this game off a store shelf, or a digital download site. I have been playing Everquest2 for quite some time now and to be fair, I do not remember every level I got. The memories stuck in my head are killing my first skeleton in the Queen's Colony, getting lost in a dungeon, or setting up my first home.

I have been working with new players for the last few months, running low level instances and having fun. What I found out is that those times of killing first skeletons and getting lost in dungeons are not as far out of reach as it may seem. Don't get me wrong, the game has a lot of offer on all levels, late-game especially, but sometimes it slips from fun to becoming a chore.

The reason I am writing this post is that we are starting a guild an AB, that is about creating these memorable experiences with friends you make along the way. Absolutely no level-rush, no forcing players into directions. We welcome any levels, classes, or alignments. Casual or playing every day, this does not matter. In our guild you can have as much fun as you like, no matter how many hours you invest into the world of Norrath.

Family environment, no restrictions, content of all levels and events from all aspects of the game (crafting, decorating, races, scavenger hunts, groups, all level raids), that is what we plan to do.

Below is part of a welcome letter we are planning to send out when we create the guild:

We want you, as a player, to enjoy your stay around here and have fun, instead of making yourself feel like your working on some chore. This game is not about end-game or the meta-game, but about Role-Play, Friendships and above all: Entertainment.

When The Night Watch was founded, we had one rule: Never shut someone out.

If you fail at your class, no problem; we are here to help. If you feel like you are not needed, tell us and we shall make sure you are needed.

The Night Watch is a guild for new players, by new players. We feel a guild should look and feel like a family. We don't want to push you to the end, because that is not where it is at. Everquest 2 is a game that focuses on the journey, not the destination.

We find it very important that players feel themselves at home and ease. If you have suggestions, improvements or anything related to that; say it. Let yourself out. We want players to feel in control. It is their game, it is their character, it is their journey. You should be what matters, not the rest.

If any of you are interested in what you read above, want to make new friends and enjoy the game together, you are more than welcome to join.

The guild is scheduled to be created on Saturday. Currently we are looking for players to fill the few remaining leadership positions. If you are interested in becoming a normal member, do not hesitate to contact me aswell.

We are on the AB server, send a mail to "Laxie" or try to send a tell.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Best of luck on your travels through Norrath,

Laxie

Comments

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118

Update:

The guild is in great shape, grouping every day, events several times a week. Quite a lot of members, 90% of them active and new people joining daily.

Feel free to contact one of our recruiters and check out our website!

http://thenightwatch.enjin.com

Laxie

• dagon3dagon3 Member Posts: 117

We now have a lvl 34 guild with a hall , crafting tables depot box, Etc, 48 accounts and 85 members.

The average lvl in the guild is 34 , we have 2-3 events a week optional , 90 perecnt of the guild members are from mmorpg.com

Alot of new and or returning players!

Awesome is the one word to explain it and the web page they have is the most active guild web site ive ever been to .

Great job guys!

• Heffy424Heffy424 Member UncommonPosts: 524

Wish I saw this sooner I'm on Unrest currently but maybe i'll make a toon in the future and look u guys up.

• XexvXexv Member Posts: 308

Does this guild have much of a Euro population?

At the moment we have 2 EU leaders and 2 US. The main events are always scheduled so that both timezones can participate (usually afternoons and evenings for EU). There is plenty of grouping starting in EU afternoons and the guild really comes to life in the evenings. If you are playing in the mornings, you might find things a bit silent :)

The population is 35% EU I would say. This is in my opinion a great number concidering that we are open to everyone and are based on AB. There is a lot of stuff happening all day round and grouping happens daily. I am one of the EU leaders and I wouldn't be in the guild if it wasn't working :)

The Guild Quest has picked up and is progressing pretty well. We already have way more content than we can release :)

Guild is level 42 now, with crafting services anyone may enjoy. The main thing though is the fact that we have a lovely community and that we are sticking close to the values we had set up when the guild was founded. Everyone is progressing as fast as they see enjoyable. There is no pressure, plenty of grouping, friendly guildies and a lot of fun. Some of the new players are at level 80 already, some are at 30. New people come in regularly, so we still do a lot of low level content.

Ask if you'd like to know more :)

Laxie

• XexvXexv Member Posts: 308

Thanks for the quick reply =) I'll give AB a try later tonight and locate the guild once I've found my bearings.

• Heffy424Heffy424 Member UncommonPosts: 524

ah screw it i'll jump over to AB and join haven't been having much fun on unrest

• archangelptxarchangelptx Member Posts: 91

Thinking about joining as a new(ish) player! How is the guild going thus far?

The guild is doing quite well. The active population is growing, a lot of grouping going on. I would recommend at least trying us to see how it is :)

We are on the AB server, with a Tier 1 guild hall. Guildies are spread across all levels, so you can always find someone to do stuff with you. Almost all of us mentor down regularly to do low level content with everyone :)