Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brain Storm: So what would you like to see added as content?

elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

So they're going to give VG some loving, lets come up with a slam bang thread on content we want to see added to the game.

I'll start

1.  PVP - world or other, just bring it back.

2.  Alternate Advancement model - supposedly they had one in the works before they stopped developing for the game.  Would love to see this added as it might help shore up certain leveling walls in the mid 20s to mid 30s range.  Plus giving tons more character progression to persue, which everyone likes.

3.  Achievments - I like them even though I know many of you don't.  I just like how they enhance the game.  Especially if they add:

4.  Vanity pets

5.  More mounts and mount collecting.

6.  Collection system - like EQ2's collections or Rift's artifacts.

7.  Naval warfare - we can build boats so make them even more enticing.  This could tie in with PVP.

I could go on, but for me this would be an awesome start to the rebirth of VG.  Even if only 1 or 2 things from this list made it in, I would be excited.

Comments

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813

Originally posted by elocke

So they're going to give VG some loving, lets come up with a slam bang thread on content we want to see added to the game.

I'll start

2.  Alternate Advancement model - supposedly they had one in the works before they stopped developing for the game.  Would love to see this added as it might help shore up certain leveling walls in the mid 20s to mid 30s range.  Plus giving tons more character progression to persue, which everyone likes.

3.  Achievments - I like them even though I know many of you don't.  I just like how they enhance the game.  Especially if they add:

4.  Vanity pets

7.  Naval warfare - we can build boats so make them even more enticing.  This could tie in with PVP.

I could go on, but for me this would be an awesome start to the rebirth of VG.  Even if only 1 or 2 things from this list made it in, I would be excited.

This plus bug fixes and code optimization.  PVP would have to have a seperate server or contient for me as it will allow the jerks to ruin my (and many others) experience (never thought of Vanguard as a PvP game, but not opposed to it being seperated some how from the group oriented PvE folks)

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

I want more time put into housing.  It seems like right now there is no use to housing other than more storage.  Housing needs crafting tables and other things that will encourage people to use them.  Right now, every house I go into is just an empty shell with some chests on the floor. 

• fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865

I would like all the content that was originally promised and then shelved.  But honestly I will be happy with anything.

http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/posts/list.m?topic_id=51939

• UbudarUbudar Member Posts: 55

I like pvp but a game that isn't built for it from the bottom up is hardly worth implementing.  This game like so many other MMO's aren setup for PvP.  So although I enjoy it this game like most others isn't worth it and shouldnt even be bothered with the idea. 

I do believe they have old notes about future content that was in the works already,  I'm sure as of right now that's going to be the best bet as to what's going to go in with the updates.  Any of the other ideas you listed at this point are wishful thinking but hey who knows maybe it can be something to come further down the line. 

• LetsinodLetsinod Member UncommonPosts: 385

Dude the game is 4+ years old.  Its been on its death bed for a long time.  Lets just hope it gets some content update.  Its never going to see all those things...

• HowryHowry Member UncommonPosts: 116

My guess is they will add some More raid stuff to keep the level 50s happy.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

The Berserker class that they canned.

More mounts.

AAs.

The Druid weather system.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• klokwurkklokwurk Member UncommonPosts: 35

I think finishing the content that was already in the works would be the best place to start. Mostly though bug fixes and completing any existing content that kind of drops off or missing elements like the rest of the NT house diplomacy quests. I think realistically we shouldn't really be expecting any big additions any time soon.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by klokwurk

I think finishing the content that was already in the works would be the best place to start. Mostly though bug fixes and completing any existing content that kind of drops off or missing elements like the rest of the NT house diplomacy quests. I think realistically we shouldn't really be expecting any big additions any time soon.

Obviously.  But the point of my post is to "dream" a little and maybe get people excited and wanting to try the game out when they finally do patch content into the game again after all this time.

• KwanseiKwansei Member UncommonPosts: 334

Tails and helmets with ear slots!!!

• EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244

TAILS! God yes, that would be awesome. 

Anything that mentioned here sounds good, expect achievements, please dear god nooooo. Its soooo pointless.

• XexvXexv Member Posts: 308

I know comparatively very little about the game and what content could be waiting in the wings but I'd like to see:

Those other classes released, the Inquisitor and Berserker.
    AAs (which you can work on starting at low levels! Like EQ2).
    Expand diplomacy even further.

If SoE made even some progress toward any of this all would be forgiven :P

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by elocke

I'll start

4.  Vanity pets

Id have to say this is the complete opposite of what a game like this needs except for maybe #2 .. and possibly #7 only because it would be cool as hell .. but there much better things to focus on. Namely the 1/2 of the game that never made it into the game. The unfinished dungeons, unfinished diplomacy and lack of crafting quests.

The problems they face though are .. changing crafting at all will probably be disasterous. Many people think it is a cornerstone of the game. However most new users are probably going to be turned off by what is essentially a mega grind.

They need to focus more on a lot of the vacant zones, which it actually sounds like they are thinking about as there is a part of the quote about filling in some of the large open places.

I dont think the game needs more mounts. Man there are tons of mounts in the game already. Vanity pets .. idk .. people really seem to like them, but man i'd hate to see much development wasted on them.

What I love about vanguard is how it's not about endgame. Moreso than any other mmo. It is much more about community, alts, and just having a good time. I've been trying to figure out what to do so I went back to check out rift again .. and read on the forums "Recruiting : 4 hours a night 4 nights a week" and I about puked in my own mouth.

Then again I never raided in VG .. but it's still one of the best MMOs I've ever played.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Hehe in the dreamland where we get players and devs ?

- Regular Mass PvP events that have a true impact in the game, like Lineage 2's castle sieges

- Change of the faction system. A darkelf that wants to visit Leth Nurae should be required to solve a questchain.

- Change of the faction mount system. I would much more prefer to have questlines there instead of just collecting some coins.

- More uses for crafting sigils. For example, I have now 41 of them on my Mineralogist - and he already has all recipes you can buy with them in the first place.

- Making Akande easier ... or giving me the secret how to beat him.

- Oh whatever. A direct connect to the server code so I can fix all the bugs that keep bugging me, myself. All these little annoying details such as Workorders with completely screwed up orders of actions (Action 6 is suddenly Action 1) or the fact that you cant see the tier of a ressource without checking its description (is it really so hard to give us some more icons ?).

The suggestions that I read, I dont like them very much:

- PVP - world or other, just bring it back - Meh. I really dont care for this ordinary banditery that the PvP server had.

- Alternate Advancement model - Quite frankly I dont really care about that. Vanguard classes are already awesome, we dont really need AA to make it more interesting. I would rather like to see even more subclassing options. But not like the Ranger, where it made the class rather less instead of more interesting.

- Achievments - I dont play console games. Archievements are in my opinion pointless and stupid.

- Vanity pets - Uh .. what ? Already plenty of those around.

- More mounts and mount collecting. - Already plenty of those around.

- Collection system - like EQ2's collections or Rift's artifacts. - I got no clue what that is.

- Naval warfare - Ugh. PLEASE DONT. This is a fantasy game, I dont want any cannons in it.

Originally posted by azmundai

Id have to say this is the complete opposite of what a game like this needs except for maybe #2 .. and possibly #7 only because it would be cool as hell .. but there much better things to focus on. Namely the 1/2 of the game that never made it into the game. The unfinished dungeons, unfinished diplomacy and lack of crafting quests.

The problems they face though are .. changing crafting at all will probably be disasterous. Many people think it is a cornerstone of the game. However most new users are probably going to be turned off by what is essentially a mega grind.

They need to focus more on a lot of the vacant zones, which it actually sounds like they are thinking about as there is a part of the quote about filling in some of the large open places.

I dont think the game needs more mounts. Man there are tons of mounts in the game already. Vanity pets .. idk .. people really seem to like them, but man i'd hate to see much development wasted on them.

What I love about vanguard is how it's not about endgame. Moreso than any other mmo. It is much more about community, alts, and just having a good time. I've been trying to figure out what to do so I went back to check out rift again .. and read on the forums "Recruiting : 4 hours a night 4 nights a week" and I about puked in my own mouth.

Then again I never raided in VG .. but it's still one of the best MMOs I've ever played.

Err ... Vanguard isnt about the endgame NOW because NOW there arent enough players.

Vanguards raids are awesome, especially APW. You need literally every class for it. Or more precisely (in case you wonder) at least 3 tanks (many fights need only 1 or 2, but some need 3; for one fight you absolutely need a Paladin), 6 healers (some mobs require less, but in general, yes you need that many; at least 2 Clerics and 1 Disciple need to be among them, preferably different kinds of Shamans and a Blood Mage), 3 bards (for an extreme dps boost that is absolutely necessary for the timed fights) and 6 more dps classes (at least one ranger or monk for kicking stances, which is a common requirement, and at least a necromancer for the very essential meat buff - and there are plenty of other classes that are a massive help in certain fights).

Havent done too many overland mobs ... those are the truely tough fights.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Probably just expanding the level cap and adding new continents/islands and general content.

Otherwise I think the game is solid up until you finish leveling and exploring the whole game.

• darkbladeddarkbladed Member Posts: 193

by loving I bet they mean that they will program more RTS items into livegamer; 10 to 1 they  will not put an actual dev team to put in a large amount of actual.  Though you may see the 4 dungeons they were working on when 99% of the devs were pulled a few years back.

Face it their new hot poneys are Planetside 2 and EQ Next; everything else is going to be on skeleton crews until they are not profitable enough or they need the hardware.

I hate to be a dick about it but they promised a lot and havent given anything new in a long long long time.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

I'd like to see a proper solo leveling path throughout the game to help new players have an easier time progressing through the game then the next thing to do would be to expand on the endgame, so that the raiding guilds have a bit more than APW to keep them busy.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

due to the small, albeit growing pop, i would still like to see a trashy flying mount for lvl 10-20's. the reindeer has made soloing so much more possible, but gahd...a reindeer? just reskin it as some cheap horse or maybe add flying horseshoes in the game for regular mounts...

actually, thats what i think would work best, flying horseshoes. that way it would be clear who had earned their 'wings' and who was just using the available, generic mount system.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

Err ...

Please DONT RAISE THE LEVELCAP !!!

It was already an awful idea the first time around. So much good content invalidated - just because everyone was level 55 now. The word "ugh" doesnt describe it enough.

New content, now thats a good thing. As long as its great new challenges like APW, the Griffon questline, that island east of APW, the new overland bosses ... but please no new boring grinds.