Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you come back or try Vanguard once they release serious update info?

David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813

Curious as I would love to start a new guild and play again once things become more comfirmed.  What about you?

Comments

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

I would in a heartbeat. One of the best games I've ever played; however, by time they got it working well enough to enjoy, most of the players had split. Now the pop is so low, it's not much fun.

If they can get the asses back in the seats, I'd surely come back.

• sloebersloeber Member UncommonPosts: 504

i would be back faster then SOE can spend my money :p hehe

greatest game even if you want to play a REAL mmo these days.

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

I might have a few years ago but not now.

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• Blaze007Blaze007 Member Posts: 188

If the go f2p then maybe I would give it another try otherwise  - no, no matter what the update would promise.

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850

I did not care for EQ1 not desire to play EQ1+

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813

Originally posted by Vallador

If the go f2p then maybe I would give it another try otherwise  - no, no matter what the update would promise.

F2P would be nice but I cant see it happening, a couple more thousand folks and this niche game my go longer then most.  I just want there to be some dev activity in this game for me to come back.

• quasar941quasar941 Member Posts: 159

I might if I thought there was a real chance that the population would ever pick up but I really don't see that happening.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Stabilizing the client would have to be priority, followed by new content and a reasonable and believable promise by SOE that more new content will be continusously on the way after that. 

• dazedconfusedazedconfuse Member Posts: 67
    All you guys that are certain about the current state of the game should really come back and check it out again. Join one of the guilds that is geared towards alts/new players and I think you would be pleasantly surprised.
  • drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

i tried it yesterday!there are lag issue even when you are solo ,so untill they fix this or give very detailed tip on how to set-up our bios,graphic card, w7 os so it perform smoothly i dont see this game going anywhere!

• SidJamesSidJames Member UncommonPosts: 66

Originally posted by drbaltazar

i tried it yesterday!there are lag issue even when you are solo ,so untill they fix this or give very detailed tip on how to set-up our bios,graphic card, w7 os so it perform smoothly i dont see this game going anywhere!

Had this problem since launch, defragging your hd, and deleting the cache may help a little.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Nope - not as long as SOE owns the game.

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

I bin creating characters for the past week and spent hours playing the game (20+) whitout any form of lag both on the US and Euro server.  problem i face in that game is that is so strongly group based and whit its low population grouping is very hard to do (at low lvl)

besites that you could solo a long time plenty of stuff to do but its a slow game, you spent ages leveling up even at low lvl and the starting fun fades fast when most of the combat is pure luck based (dynamic combat rolls) one moment you and your lvl 10 toon kills a lvl 9 opponent whitin a few seconts but a other moment you cant seem to hit it your heals get interupted and you find yourself being slain and warped to a bindstone. 

Even the low lvl content is original designed for small groups or atleast having a healty population walking about doing thier thing reducing the danger in most area's.  since those otehr players aint there it makes the game more slow.  and slow=bad in todays mmo's

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

Originally posted by EndDream

I might have a few years ago but not now.

Same here. I would have considered another go a while back, but not anymore.

These days, I'm more interested in SW:TOR and GW2. A Vanguard update will be nice for the people who have stuck it out for the past four years, and I hope they get real content for their time and effort. I just won't be playing it myself.

• Short-StrawShort-Straw Member Posts: 422

Originally posted by Teala

Nope - not as long as SOE owns the game.

Put down maybe, have to see where SOE is going. The fact that they're finally putting in some development time is a plus. The rest of the "events" for SOE this year are bad. Just don't know if this company is ever going to get it's act together.

• reillanreillan Member UncommonPosts: 247

When I tried Vanguard for the first time 4 years ago, it was the first MMO that gave me any pause to consider paying a subscription for it. I didn't, largely because of Sony's ineptitude, but I always wondered what I missed out on. The tiny taste I had of it was incredibly interesting, and even today I think it's one of the most innovative MMOs out there (which is kinda sad...). Yes, I would consider playing, depending on what info is released...

• wolvie3131wolvie3131 Member UncommonPosts: 196

I voted yes as I am already subbed to it.

I have an old computer, and I run it fine on high settings , I have the ocasional hitching when chunking etc .

I dont care which company owns what games I play for fun, I see things for what they are, SOE just like EVERY company in the known world is around to make profits, this whole idea of a company making games for gamers is just silly. every company ever  has one idea in mind and that is to make a profit.

at the end of the day I play what I find fun, it really is that simple.

• sylentnytesylentnyte Member UncommonPosts: 68

I started an alt on the noob island last night and it was loaded with people to the point where you actually had to wait to get a spawn.

I think there is still alot of people with interest here. This new soe interest could be a good thing.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Yup there are lag issues, especially when grouping, they would have to put some serious patches into this. If you go into a new area the best thing to do is stop for about 20 seconds that lets your hard drive catch up. This game needs a solid state hd to run well and not enough people are willing to purchase. But the game itself is very good if you can put up with performance issues

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386

I would love to move back to VG, but I would require about 6-12 months of nothing but bug fixes and client optimisation from a team of devs before I would consider returning. SOEs sandard of one guy fixing a few bugs every couple of months will not be enough for me or my guild to return.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

I wouldnt come back just because information about upcoming updates has released. That means still subbing for a period where nothing has changed. 

I would consider coming back if the update was in and after reading player's comments about it. It would have to be very good though, with 2 upcoming major MMO's on the horizon. Also has to be enough to pull me away from F2P AoC which we are enjoying atm.

• Blaze007Blaze007 Member Posts: 188

An update is a nice thing for people who already find the game to be fun and play it, but seriously - who will buy/resub  the old title only because the developer promises an update? Most games get updated constantly for free without announcing it in press releases... It is rather sad that something that should be obvious for subscription-based mmo - a content update -  became something of a luxury in case of Vanguard SoH.

• ShojuShoju Member UncommonPosts: 776

Nope.  Came back for the 45 free days and lasted a week.  Technical problems that have existed since beta are clearly still problems now.  I have no desire to further fund a product that is clearly still plagued with issues that impacted my game play back then, and still do now.

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813

Originally posted by Vallador

An update is a nice thing for people who already find the game to be fun and play it, but seriously - who will buy/resub  the old title only because the developer promises an update? Most games get updated constantly for free without announcing it in press releases... It is rather sad that something that should be obvious for subscription-based mmo - a content update -  became something of a luxury in case of Vanguard SoH.

I agree but I love Vanguard, nothing out there right now captures the immersion and feel, I keep trying new stuff but always come back to Vanguard (for a little while), LOTRO (for a little while), and DDO (own everything so it's f2p for me and I always play it in short sperts)

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662

My answer is maybe.

Vanguard need a serious REVAMP. Take what's good in Vanguard, update graphics, action combat (but keep please chain skills), richer lore and world map (Most things looks boring), better art to make the world more interesting and better to look at, revamped armour and weapons, better dungeons, balanced classes for PvP, PvP arenas (like in Rift), World map PvP ( 1 part of the world map that is a battlefield with events that updates every week).Dynamic Events, GW2 will have this and rift has it Rifts and invasions.

They should look at GW2 combat and learn from that.