It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Hi guys, I just wanted to ask a question about the current gameplay. I played the game when it first came out and although I enjoyed it for a week or two, there were a few things I was deeply disappointed with and I was wondering if things had changed/improved with them.
1) World Exploration - Being a title revolving completely around the idea of exploration, being stuck in a 16 x 16 box, barely a speck on any planet my away team beamed down to and limited strictly to that, I was hoping they had improved this in some way. The same "random" scenery on every world got old really fast. This was probably my greatest disappointment.
2) Space Travel - I forget what it was called since it's been so long since I played, but when you traveled through space, it wasn't exactly what I had envisioned. A blue grid that was supposed to represent the navigation systems of your starship was /not/ what I had in mind. I was expecting something more along the lines of how Eve did it. (It's Star Trek after all, I can't believe this was ever implemented.) Have they changed this in some way hopefully for the better?
3) Ground Combat - There were a lot of bugs, glitches, teammates not doing what they're supposed or getting stuck in places. All in all, very boxy and clumsy. I was hoping this was improved in some way. I loved the idea of flanking and whatnot, but it seemed to me like the cons out-weighed the pros.
4) Ship Combat - I absolutely loved it. Not much to complain about except that I was afraid I'd get carpal tunnel (spelling?) from all the spacebar mashing. Have they done anything different with it?
5) Inside Your Starship - I remember them talking about being able to change views and explore your own starship and customize it. They also talked about other people going inside your ship as well. This was never implemented, although at the time you could atleast pick different styles your ship's bridge looked like so I was assuming they were working on that. Have they followed through?
I think these are the main things that come to mind. I hope you guys can help me make a decision whether to pick it back up again or not. Thanks ahead of time for your responses!