Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bazookas and Panzerschecks!

StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387

Yup...they realised piccies of them!!!!!

How long till they get in game, I don't know but I do know by popular demand they have modelled them.....

4 months till we see them in game?

Comments

• TontomanTontoman Member Posts: 196

Nice, took them along enough though heh.  The demand for those had been around for years. 

I think it was a worry of the game impact as opposed to coding time.  Don't want to mess with the tankers subscription.

Could be cool, they certainly do their part in RO, making any intown area deadly without backup.  Not sure how it's going to play in WWIIOL with all the bushes and cover outside (much more than the usual RO maps), in town should be similar.

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387

Its interesting to see if they will imcreas the effectiveness of the HE modelt, or reduce the bushes now as infantry have becoem more effective at taking tanks out - I expect, the closer the engagement the better though for the angle.

heh, depends on the slope of the armor.  If it's sloped armor the impact angle is actually better when you have to lob it to the target.   Problem is, getting the range down is not easy at extremes, I know from using them in Red Orchestra heh.  Going to take some damage modeling for kills inside the tank.

Any Pfausts? Those were the more common, but I can see them doing Panzershrecks as they are more similar (less coding) to the bazooka.

I assume it's going to the sapper class and not a general weapon?  It will certainly change the city combat.  If inf are going to have longer range anti tank capabilities, they really should finally give tanks real HE so they can building clear.  Tank with real HE works fine in RO (a HE shell into a window onto the back wall kills everything in the room), it's really good actually with inf leaving the area before the tank even fires, just like real life.

PanzerSchrecks are in and CRS say that they are good for "wallpapering" the inside of buildings <G> They released vids from the Alpha and they are functional against amour so the model is there, apparently.

Can see what you say about lobbin them - quite a skill, but the nack of players in game to get good at things has always astonished me!!!!

If they model the backblast properly, folks might be a little less ninja in using it in the bush (if they get more than one shell) as it's pretty big.  Probably only get a chance to use it once if the tank has friends around as it's not the backblast itself, but all the attention it attracts :).   Be hard though to get people (just like sappers) to keep it for town use only though heh.

• Nerf09Nerf09 Member CommonPosts: 2,953

*yawn*  Still a Capture The Flag game.

Ok - we have seen "Piccies" of PIATS......they are out there somewhere.....

• SartoriussSartoriuss Member UncommonPosts: 30
    I understand, that my opinion is against hopes of many. But that's my opinion.
    In my visions, WWII Online:BE can work good just in layout of years 1939-1942.
    A little better AAA than is in current game (self-propelled), a little more different armor from those period, real multi-crewing of all vehicles. Implementing  long-run missions (for example strategic bombing raids),to involve newcomers as co-team.
    Last axis tank would be - PzKpfw IV Ausf. H. with side- and turret skirts and with turret mounted MG. And allies counterparts.
    Why not "bigger armor" and not late war? Because it repeat tons of other shooters and kill softly all tactical gameplay, there will be only caboom..

No americans (even though i had mainly played as "americans" in other FPS), because, imo, implementing "americans" destroys main plot of this game - "what if?".
    Also i guess we see even more disbalance by Timezones.

But well, the developers have done in the past many "hurrah" steps, i doubt they change own behaviour until whole ship will be sunk.