Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Solo adventure starting out?

helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Hey all, been getting worn out with Eve a bit and this seems like the only real alternative to that kind of play style.

How possible would it be for me to jump in and find someone to kill mobs and grind away with? I remember when I tried the game out I grouped up with someone once and it made the game so much better. I know the population is dying out, might even be a good thing so I don't get ganked all the time, but if it means I'll be playing solo then no-thanks.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

The most populated area is human lands, so its possible a good idea to start there or move there. Also try to find out a clan you could join.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990

If you are from North America, you might would consider playing on the EU server since it offers lower latency for the NA players than the NA server does. Well, it did so at least when I used to play it a few months ago.

I can also tell you that the ingame community is very helpful in the EU. I cannot say anything but whta I have heard about the NA server; theres alot more grief and newbie ganking going on there, so that might be another reason to not choose playing on the NA server.

Whatver you choose; when you get ganked as newb, send people a tell where you explain youre a newb and you lost about all you had of worth. Do not flame them. You might, surprisingly enough, get the real friends through such an approach. I worked wonders for me at least.

Happy gaming!

Make us care MORE about our faction & world pvp!

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Think I'm going to go ahead and try this out. I want to be a wolf-guy so I hope the run to human lands isn't far.

I'm going for NA since it seems to me like it would have more people.

Is anyone else starting out that wants to team up? Like any sandbox, finding people to play with will make or break this game.

Just read people saying that the wolf people are the worst race to play. Is that so? Are there any particular races that I should be playing? (Hate dwarves, don't really get excited about humans).

Also if someone gets this before I decide. I had a trial at one point but I didn't get too far. If I activate that old trial, will my beginner 'sanctuary' period have expired already?

• luciusETRURluciusETRUR Member Posts: 442
    As a wolf.. you will be red to humans... find yourself a friendly guild in human lands.