Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Why political system sounds so great

xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh8xMM9LX6A&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

it just sounds lie territory war for guilds and such. Multiple ways to gain favor and win elections.

Power granted such as tax collection, speciality stores, Open PvP (only in that area).

Anyone likes this feature apart from me?

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

Comments

• KelthiusKelthius Member UncommonPosts: 298

It does sound pretty damn cool... I would love to see entire servers become FFA PvP because of this.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by Kelthius

It does sound pretty damn cool... I would love to see entire servers become FFA PvP because of this.

I hope not lol

• jado818jado818 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 356

So guilds in control of regions could set pvp rules for that region?

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by jado818

Tera will launch in NA & EU with two types of servers, PvP server and PvE server.  The difference is on pvp servers you can Pk players in the open world (if allowed by the vanarch of that region),  On PvE servers there is no pk option in the open world.

Note:

Tera does not have a true pvp mechanic in the game (like you would see in games like Darkfall or L2),  It's a Pk option (meaning you have to buy a token in order to Pk someone,  the amount of tokens used/cost is determined by the level of the other player being killed).  So in other words its not a true FFA OWPVP system.

Now that being said, things will change when they add the lv60 content later this year.  That content will have a new continent that is accessible by 4 other servers,  and this area is FFA PVP.  When you enter this area you are open game to the other 3 servers communities,  in turn you can also form an alliance with one of the other servers.  And from this new continent you can invade other servers.  Lvl60 patch will also bring Guild v Guild pvp (at least we hope its added).

I know it sounds kinda confusing, at least it does to me.  But I think the dev's wanted full pvp to be end game content.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

Originally posted by jado818

Yes, if the video is true.

Originally posted by stayontarget

Tera will launch in NA & EU with two types of servers, PvP server and PvE server.  The difference is on pvp servers you can Pk players in the open world (if allowed by the vanarch of that region),  On PvE servers there is no pk option in the open world.

Note:

Tera does not have a true pvp mechanic in the game (like you would see in games like Darkfall or L2),  It's a Pk option (meaning you have to buy a token in order to Pk someone,  the amount of tokens used/cost is determined by the level of the other player being killed).  So in other words its not a true FFA OWPVP system.

Now that being said, things will change when they add the lv60 content later this year.  That content will have a new continent that is accessible by 4 other servers,  and this area is FFA PVP.  When you enter this area you are open game to the other 3 servers communities,  in turn you can also form an alliance with one of the other servers.  And from this new continent you can invade other servers.  Lvl60 patch will also bring Guild v Guild pvp (at least we hope its added).

I know it sounds kinda confusing, at least it does to me.  But I think the dev's wanted full pvp to be end game content.

Man you are so off topic its not even funny :P

This is about the political system, and the question he asks is about political system.

In the video I linked, it said that guild, who are voted into power in a region, has control over that regions taxation, the ability to open world PvP, and more. This isn't about endgame or server rule set at all.

But to a point you raised in your post, I do hope they don't include a open world PvP server, if the political works like they said in the video, players will need to work together to get into power and claim a certain region to open world PvP. 

And ok, now i'll stop hyping this feature...........OMG SO EXCITED FOR POLITICAL SYSTEM XD

Originally posted by xKingdomx

This is about the political system, and the question he asks is about political system.

In the video I linked, it said that guild, who are voted into power in a region, has control over that regions taxation, the ability to open world PvP, and more. This isn't about endgame or server rule set at all.

But to a point you raised in your post, I do hope they don't include a open world PvP server, if the political works like they said in the video, players will need to work together to get into power and claim a certain region to open world PvP. 

And ok, now i'll stop hyping this feature...........OMG SO EXCITED FOR POLITICAL SYSTEM XD

That's why I posted what I did.  Only on a "pvp server" will a vanarch be able to toggle the pk option in their region of control.  A vanarch on a "pve server" will not be able to toggle that option.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• getonagetona Member UncommonPosts: 98

Sorry too disapointed u this game got less content then aion

the quest are the same as aion (campaign/mission)

the policical system is nothing just vote  for a guild. if your guild won election u get a mount thats it. other way is PVP.

lack end-game content + no pvp content other then duels and 5v5 or 10v10.

im still gonna play this game when it's release in NA thou but the hype gonna kill this game.. over hyped.

Originally posted by stayontarget

That's why I posted what I did.  Only on a "pvp server" will a vanarch be able to toggle the pk option in their region of control.  A vanarch on a "pve server" will not be able to toggle that option.

REally :(, sorry about that then.

wells lets hope there aren't different server types........because that completely defies the point of a political system.......D:

Originally posted by getona

the policical system is nothing just vote  for a guild. if your guild won election u get a mount thats it. other way is PVP.

im still gonna play this game when it's release in NA thou but the hype gonna kill this game.. over hyped.

oh gee, here we go again.

Blah blah blah, this doesn't have content, I don't like that feature, the feature is just like sitting on a chair watching a leaf spin. Is this topic ever gonna change in all the games? What are you expecting? flying pink elephants with 10000 dungeons for you to explore?

Well don't worry about the hype killing the game. You already killed the game youself, you might play the game, but you will just come out thinking this is shit, that is shit, I told you so. Buddy, don't bother with this one.

Its so nice to see negativity plauge forums. Unless you have already played the North America Released version, I honestly don't see how you can come to this conclusion "lack end-game content + no pvp content other then duels and 5v5 or 10v10." All you have talked about is the Korean version released in January.

Maybe you are right, maybe the game really will turn into some mush like DCUO with not enough content, at least I gave it a chance to shine, unlike you.

Blah blah blah, this doesn't have content, I don't like that feature, the feature is just like sitting on a chair watching a leaf spin. Is this topic ever gonna change in all the games? What are you expecting? flying pink elephants with 10000 dungeons for you to explore?

Well don't worry about the hype killing the game. You already killed the game youself, you might play the game, but you will just come out thinking this is shit, that is shit, I told you so. Buddy, don't bother with this one.

Its so nice to see negativity plauge forums. Unless you have already played the North America Released version, I honestly don't see how you can come to this conclusion "lack end-game content + no pvp content other then duels and 5v5 or 10v10." All you have talked about is the Korean version released in January.

Maybe you are right, maybe the game really will turn into some mush like DCUO with not enough content, at least I gave it a chance to shine, unlike you.

I dont want people to be disappoint, (think it something else but when they play  it turn to be somethign else). So im telling them now what's it like before they play it : )

lack of end-game content not lack leveling content.  giving people truth what's wrong?

Unless they created new content just for NA release its gonna be the same as Korean version.

I dont want people to be disappoint, (think it something else but when they play  it turn to be somethign else). So im telling them now what's it like before they play it : )

lack of end-game content not lack leveling content.  giving people truth what's wrong?

Unless they created new content just for NA release its gonna be the same as Korean version.

The political system is a feature not implemented inthe Korean Version yet, but will be in the North America version when released. They obviously released the game in Korea in a half baked state, wasn't it obvious?

"the policical system is nothing just vote  for a guild. if your guild won election u get a mount thats it. other way is PVP."  

Even if have played the Korean version already (which is illegal unless you live in korea ;]) there is no way you know how the political system worked, but yet, everything you state in the quoted sentence contradicts the things I showed in the dev video = The video mentioned speciality store only to be opened if the vanarch chose to, the vanarch also controls tax collections, law and order, etc

"I dont want people to be disappoint, (think it something else but when they play  it turn to be somethign else)."

Yes so this gives you the power to make the choice for others? This wasn't a warning, you judged the game right there.

PS: Even if they were to be disappointed when playing the game, everyone still got SWTOR and GW2 to fall back on right? RIGHT? xD everyone seems to have an opinion for those two games anyways =3

The demonic beast patch dropped in Korea 2 weeks ago and this autumn they will be adding guild vs guild wars.  This winter, the level cap will raise again, large scale PvE content called the ‘Black Crevice’ will be added and an area available for multiple players from different servers called ‘Agaia’ will be added. This is also when server vs server content will be implemented.

• Server invasions & a huge aerial city will be implemented by early next year.

The ‘Demonic Beast of Destruction’ patch will introduce teamwork, opposition and resistance. If the current TERA is about 5 man PvE parties, for the future it will be about server vs server opposition and large scale battles. BHS mentioned 4 updates that will bring this to life.

First off, in autumn they will be adding guild wars and new battlegrounds as well as strengthening the ‘power’ of Archons in the ‘Dream Shard’ update. The ‘Dream Shard’ is a fragment of Arun and Shara's dream which contains the power of the world of TERA.

Posted Image

TERA, Teamwork, Opposition and Resistance!

This winter, the level cap will raise again, large scale PvE content called the ‘Black Crevice’ will be added and an area available for multiple players from different servers called ‘Agaia’ will be added. This is also when server vs server content will be implemented.

Posted Image

From left top, clockwise ‘Fight for the World’s Origin, Dream Shard’, ‘Floating City of Juras’ Ark’, ‘Server Neutral Area Agaia’ and ‘Monster Invasion the Dark Crevice’.

Dark Crevice will be event based. Dark Crevices will randomly appear in zones and spawn large scale monster invasions which players will have to fight off together. This content was made for all types of players, casual, hardcore and solo.

The server neutral city of Agaia will open up frequently and will be a place multiple servers will share. This area will provide different kinds of PvE and PvP experiences. Each server’s Archons will have to fight off the other servers in order to provide a better experience for their own server players.

Through Agaia, players can also invade other servers, allowing them to collect ‘Dream Shards’. To balance out the power, the server matching will change depending on how many shards a server has.

Posted Image

Agaia.

Lastly, early next year, the fourth major city called ‘Juras’ Ark’ will be revealed. Juras’ Ark can only be acquired through politics and the policies made through Juras will be server wide, affecting more than one continent. If Dream Shard and Agaia is about power, Juras is about how to use that power.

For example, if you are in a server that takes great care at PvP and server vs server wars, you can move Juras to the middle of Agaia, to use as a floating fortress. Along with the Juras’ Ark patch, TERA’s ninth class will be revealed.

Source:  http://www.terafans.com/topic/8803-k-tera-press-conference-demon-beast-of-destruction/?s=95daffec8ee14deb4d337ff94e1297a2

Time Line:

Resized to 88% (was 803 x 671) - Click image to enlargePosted Image

^woah niceee, thanks for the info :)

btw is the May major content patch out yet? I tried looking it up but it doesn't seem to have patch notes on it.

• bygeorgebygeorge Member UncommonPosts: 104

^woah niceee, thanks for the info :)

btw is the May major content patch out yet? I tried looking it up but it doesn't seem to have patch notes on it.

Yes, that content patch has already been implemented into the korean version of the game. The NA/EU version of the game will launch with this content.

Yeah they implement 2 new dungeons into the game which is great for PVEers but for the PvPers I hope they fix the  Battleground win tradiing before implementing more PVP content.

The normal field is filled with bots partying together! this better get fixed or it will get out of control when they release the game in NA/EU. I remember when Aion was released these producers avoid the botting rampant issues in Aion. (took them 3 months it get rid of the bots, i hope they learn something from Aion).

I agree Getona,  EmE will have to do a better job against botting & hackers than the korean publisher has done.