Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Start up again

wildjjbugwildjjbug Member UncommonPosts: 4

if this game got something you liked would you start up again?

Comments

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Sorry but I am confused with the point of the poll. “Got something you like?” Are you saying if the game added features I liked would I (or others) play the game?

If so, I think you missed the main reason most don’t play this game; because it is a mediocre copy of WoW with a horrible launch and development cycle.

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• JergisJergis Member UncommonPosts: 38
    -Honestly? If they issued a press release today that stated they fired Derek Smart/bought out his interest, myself and at least 15 guild mates would immediately log in and spend at least $100 in their store.

Guaranteed.

Short of that, we'll stay in other games and ignore Alganon. Derek can paint the past as he sees fit as he edits the forums to his liking, but bottom line is that he drove away many customers that were neither rude nor aggressive in 'his' forums, and until he leaves QOL is leaving money on the table.

Jergis
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by Jergis

-Honestly? If they issued a press release today that stated they fired Derek Smart/bought out his interest, myself and at least 15 guild mates would immediately log in and spend at least $100 in their store. Guaranteed. Short of that, we'll stay in other games and ignore Alganon. Derek can paint the past as he sees fit as he edits the forums to his liking, but bottom line is that he drove away many customers that were neither rude nor aggressive in 'his' forums, and until he leaves QOL is leaving money on the table. Jergis

You know, I've been playing Alganon for a 4 or 5 days now, and not once has Derek shown up in the game world.

Do what you want, but if you really enjoy playing Alganon not playing it because Derek might show up in their forums and moderate you doesn't make much sense to me.

You want to bitch about Alganon, feel free to do so here, heck, Derek frequently drops by to debate the points you raised, even if he doesn't agree.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ArthineasArthineas Member Posts: 231

Voted yes because I already started to play it recently.

• JergisJergis Member UncommonPosts: 38

""You know, I've been playing Alganon for a 4 or 5 days now, and not once has Derek shown up in the game world.

Do what you want, but if you really enjoy playing Alganon not playing it because Derek might show up in their forums and moderate you doesn't make much sense to me.""

-I think the easiest way for me to explain it is this: if i go into a restaurant that i love, and the owner is  rude and  insulting to me if i ask a question about the service or the quality of the food, i will not go back to that restaurant. Even if i am somehow mistaken or in the wrong.  How i am treated matters to me, and i refuse to give my business to any endeavor wherein the owner or manager fails to treat me with the same level of respect and use of decorum i show them.

I would point you to the numerous back and forth posts i had with Derek and the community at large when he first took over for an example, but sadly my messages were deleted and his edited after-the-fact, making any true illustration of the conversation impossible.

I am glad you enjoy the game, and i certainly do not begrudge anyone currently playing it. Padreic and the rest of the crew deserve all the credit, but neither myself nor my friends will give anything he is associated with our money.

Happy hunting.

Jergis

• TkyleTkyle Member UncommonPosts: 33

-Honestly? If they issued a press release today that stated they fired Derek Smart/bought out his interest, myself and at least 15 guild mates would immediately log in and spend at least $100 in their store. Guaranteed. Short of that, we'll stay in other games and ignore Alganon. Derek can paint the past as he sees fit as he edits the forums to his liking, but bottom line is that he drove away many customers that were neither rude nor aggressive in 'his' forums, and until he leaves QOL is leaving money on the table. Jergis

Couldn't put this any better! Hate to say one person keeps me from something but in this case it's so. Good luck to any others playing and enjoying it though. =)

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Let's try to refrain from personal attacks on other users and remember the RoC. The Rules of Conduct can be found in my signature.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by Tkyle

Couldn't put this any better! Hate to say one person keeps me from something but in this case it's so. Good luck to any others playing and enjoying it though. =)

And again I say, in the end this attitude against him hurts you more than him. (assuming you really want to play Alganon of course).

But if its a matter of you can take it or leave it, I understand why you'd stay away.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• wildjjbugwildjjbug Member UncommonPosts: 4

oh i didnt know that srry