Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deja Vu all over again

JuJutsuJuJutsu Member Posts: 331

I did the 14 day free trial for nostalgia. My first 3 terminal missions were bugged, the mission NPCs didn't spawn at the waypoint. Just like old times; after 8 years they still have bugged missions.

Comments

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

They stopped working on the game when they started on SW:TOR.

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

Are you for real? TOR is made by Bioware and NOT by SoE! What has Bioware to do with SoE's dev team NOT working on fixing SWG's bugs? Some of them present since the beginning i may add. It's funny how SWG fans have an arsenal of lame excuses when faced with such issues. image

• tyrannistyrannis Member Posts: 198

Epic.

##Best SWTOR of 2011
    Posted by I_Return - SWTOR - "Forget the UI the characters and all ofhe nitpicking bullshit" "Greatest MMO Ever Created"

##Fail Thread Title of 2011
    Originally posted by daveospice
    "this game looks like crap?"

• MyGaronaMyGarona Member Posts: 139
    It's a broken SOE product. No surprises there.
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

That's funny...the mission terminals have NEVER been bugged for me. When you do mission terminal missions, the waypoint updates. Maybe you just never knew how to do them...

• JuJutsuJuJutsu Member Posts: 331

Originally posted by bigsmiff

That's funny...the mission terminals have NEVER been bugged for me. When you do mission terminal missions, the waypoint updates. Maybe you just never knew how to do them...

Yes. Except when the waypoint DOESN'T update.

• Asmiroth20Asmiroth20 Member Posts: 346

The game was broken ever since release, the NGE just added more problems than fixed.  Funny how things were starting to look up just before the NGE, then BOOM!  Things that weren't broke became broken and more stuff was added that was in its' very essence borked up beyond all recognition.  The game is just done, now with the final nail being put in and finally descending the coffin for it's long-time-coming burial.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Originally posted by Shodanas

Are you for real? TOR is made by Bioware and NOT by SoE! What has Bioware to do with SoE's dev team NOT working on fixing SWG's bugs? Some of them present since the beginning i may add. It's funny how SWG fans have an arsenal of lame excuses when faced with such issues. image

Hu hu huh r u 4 reel?

Yeah.  After the NGE came out there were a lot of bug fixes going on.  And when did SW:TOR's develoepment start? Oe rite, same time!

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

Hu hu huh r u 4 reel?

Yeah.  After the NGE came out there were a lot of bug fixes going on.  And when did SW:TOR's develoepment start? Oe rite, same time!

You've GOT to be trolling. TOR's development didn't affect SWG bug fixes.

BioWare isn't SOE. They're two different companies.

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

That's why they've been releasing updates for SWG for the almost 6 years SWTOR has been in development, right?

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

I came back for the 45 day deal. missions worked fine for me. I did run in to a few missions spawning on a spot where a huge house was, but not the issues you have encountered.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by bigsmiff

Wow really? have you only played for a year or something? I lost count to how many times there were no spawn at the waypoint or spawns inside a tree (trees should despawn when you reach the location). Ever done BH missions back in 2003? more than 3/4 of missions you picked up had an unattackable NPC (white name) after running 3000km on foot.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Are you for real? TOR is made by Bioware and NOT by SoE! What has Bioware to do with SoE's dev team NOT working on fixing SWG's bugs? Some of them present since the beginning i may add. It's funny how SWG fans have an arsenal of lame excuses when faced with such issues. 

Hu hu huh r u 4 reel?

LOL Bioware and SOE aren't the same, and they started in 2006 and they purchased the HeroEngine in mid-2006, yeah a few months after NGE went live. SOE did a couple big "bug squash" patches, of which half failed to fix and they actually introduced NEW bugs (such as double stacking attachments on armor, hahaha I still have some armor with double stats that they claimed they'd wipe from servers).

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Wonder if you can stay sitting in a chair yet.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

Originally posted by MyGarona

It's a broken LA product. No surprises there.

/fixed