Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

warp core stabilizers

Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

OK this probably belongs in the hangar, but looking at dates, no one uses that forum...

I had a warp core stabilizer equipped on my Coercer.  I was just killing random rats at asteroid belts helping out miners and wasn't paying attention and warped to an incursion system.  After 1 hit took my shield down 50%, I tried to warp out, but for some reason I couldn't.  Isn't a WCS supposed to prevent you being anchored like that?

Comments

• GlacianNexGlacianNex Member UncommonPosts: 652

Originally posted by Darth_Osor

OK this probably belongs in the hangar, but looking at dates, no one uses that forum...

I had a warp core stabilizer equipped on my Coercer.  I was just killing random rats at asteroid belts helping out miners and wasn't paying attention and warped to an incursion system.  After 1 hit took my shield down 50%, I tried to warp out, but for some reason I couldn't.  Isn't a WCS supposed to prevent you being anchored like that?

Warp core stab (one) will boost your warp power by 1. Warp distruptor decreases your warp power by 1. So 1 stab will cancel out 1 warp distruptor. What could have happened is you had 2 warp distruptors on you, in which case it still brings your warp power to 0 (since every ship by default has warp power of 1) or you could have been effected by warp scrambler which has much shorter range then distruptor but reduces your warp power by 2.

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

OK thanks.  I thought it might  be something like that.  Live and learn lol.

• NeikoNeiko Member UncommonPosts: 626

All about the minor details in EWAR.