Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So much fail, so little boat.

hookiedupu2hookiedupu2 Member Posts: 19

New combat system coming!  WOOO!  Too bad the entire pvp community (all 10 of them (who are noted hackers and exploiters mind you)) are pissed off about it.  The combat system was changed to give them something new to do instead of forum whining, and they cry about it.

More tailoring to the PvP community: level cap gets raised 5 levels but there is no announcement about new, dynamic pve content.  No raids, no reason to keep playing.  But they did give exclusive crafting materials to the pvpers to fight over.  What does that mean for you, pvers?  Keep grinding mobs.  All day.  Because there isn't a goddamn thing else to do.

Stay far, far away from this game.  Play PlanetSide 2 instead if you want real, fun combat.  Instead of this tardfest.

Comments

• waveslayerwaveslayer Member UncommonPosts: 511

Played FE before, I consider it a pretty good game.

Godz of War I call Thee

• GetalifeGetalife Member CommonPosts: 786

After the annoucement that it is going F2P i am waiting to give it a try again. Yes the population was very low even last year when i used to play it. F2P is the only hope to breath some new life into it.

• hookiedupu2hookiedupu2 Member Posts: 19

You do realize their F2P plans include having all free characters unable to use the mail system, the auction system, or trade, right?

You're effectively a GIANT gimp until you pay up.  It'll be impossible to stay free longer than 2 days.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Originally posted by hookiedupu2

You do realize their F2P plans include having all free characters unable to use the mail system, the auction system, or trade, right?

You're effectively a GIANT gimp until you pay up.  It'll be impossible to stay free longer than 2 days.

Post that link please because I sure did not read that on the fe forums.

• hookiedupu2hookiedupu2 Member Posts: 19

Now while content, quests, levels, and all that will be available, here is the list of ‘limits’ thatwill exist on free accounts; free accounts will continue to have the trading and auction house limits that trial accounts currently have, they’ll have only a single character slot, a limited number of time each day in which they can craft, and a limit to the maximum chips they can hold (though this limit disappears if you make any purchase; so if, heaven forbid, you only make a single purchase, there is no subsequent chip limit). Free accounts will be able to do every quest, visit every sector and instance, have no limits on what items they can craft or gear they can use, and most importantly, their accounts won’t be locked after 30 days as is the case today. They won’t be able to send items through the mail (take that, gold farmers!) but they will be able to receive items, so you can send stuff to your buddies if they have free accounts. A free account is the perfect way to get in and experience the game for someone who casually wants to check it out, do a few quests, or catch up with old friends.

-Marie Croall, taken from here:

http://fallenearth.gamersfirst.com/

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

More tailoring to the PvP community: level cap gets raised 5 levels but there is no announcement about new, dynamic pve content.  No raids, no reason to keep playing.  But they did give exclusive crafting materials to the pvpers to fight over.  What does that mean for you, pvers?  Keep grinding mobs.  All day.  Because there isn't a goddamn thing else to do.

An Ironic reaciton?  A PvE enthusiast, in todays day and age of more pve-centric themepark mmo's that I could shake a stick at, that is disappointed that there isn't static linear shoe-box instances for one to repeatedly run ad nauseum against predictable computer-controlled opponents in this particular game.  Many have a very closed-mined and myopic view of the expansive term of pvp, but that's a different thought for a different time.

I really did enjoy the short-term experience I had in FE, and always thought that open-world organic community/faction-based engagements, purpose, motivation and rewards were completely lacking and sorely needed in this game.  It brings a smile to my face to see that the devs are addressing it, though it might not only be too little too late, but its' implementation still too little and too shallow to hold my attention.  We'll see.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

IMO, FE is absolutely going in teh right direction.

And what the PVP community is "whining" about is only having a total of 2 respec injectors available after the combat changes, because they all want to be able to find the next FOTM build.

They get ONE free instant one when the changes hit, and then one more use on the injector for whenever.

Other than that they can get another from the store, or do it the old fashioned way from there.

I think G1 is being quite reasonable by giving 2 free respecs.....it's more than any other game company has ever done, to my knowledge.

More new people are logging in every day....the population is taking off, and the game is getting great.

The Alpha patch coming in just a few days is going to give FE players things that have been asked for and promised since release. The game is really on the right track, as anyone who bothers to read and sign up for a free trial can see.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Its already F2P?

Originally posted by someforumguy

Its already F2P?

Not for a few months more, at least. There is a 2 week trial at the moment though.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

Its already F2P?

Not for a few months more, at least. There is a 2 week trial at the moment though.

Ah ok, was wondering because you mentioned that there were 'more new ppl every day'. Ive been subbed on and off since its release, so no trial for me :) Well, not on the account that matters anyway.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Its already F2P?

They been bought out by gamers first,  it is in the process of going free to play, but not there yet.

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Originally posted by waveslayer

Played FE before, I consider it a pretty good game.

Same here while it lasted......

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

Its already F2P?

Ah ok, was wondering because you mentioned that there were 'more new ppl every day'. Ive been subbed on and off since its release, so no trial for me :) Well, not on the account that matters anyway.

Yeah, even before the F2P announcement I noticed a LOT of new people joining the game....Help channel was flooded, n00b towns crowded, etc.

I think FE will be ok image

• sadboysadboy Member Posts: 66

I was in game from day one. Left as soon as it was announced it was going F2P as F2P ruined Lotro for me too.

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550

To fix this game they only need to start from totaly rebuilding the combat sistem and work from there to other stuff.

Combat in this game is horrible.

• jihashijihashi Member Posts: 136

Yeah, I saw an email informing me that this game is going F2P. In fact, I had gotten so involved in other projects, that I had competely forgotten about the surprise I was about to post in regards to how the economy was originaly invisioned by the devs!! Ah well, still it's never to late.

• kartanakartana Member UncommonPosts: 148

Stay far, far away from this game.  Play PlanetSide 2 instead if you want real, fun combat.  Instead of this tardfest.

Cool! Where can I download PlanetSide 2?