Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fail installer is fail

KillyoxKillyox Member CommonPosts: 424

So here i was thinking about giving Aion another go. Today before going to work i set comp to download the client, i get back and i had around 60-70% seeing as i got 2mbps connection and client had 13670 or so MB.

Around 20 minutea ago at 13000/13670 downloaded i figured "no point in leaving computer on since i wont be able to play it immidiately anyways and i can download it tomorrow that last part".

But then lo and behold. I start launcher again just to see if it'll start where it left and....... ZERO(0) / 13000. Damned crap started download from nothing !!! And no... it wasnt "checking" files or anything it simply started downloading the game again at ridiculously low speed of 200KB/s.

Thus huge middle finger to whoever made this installer to be so clunky and screw it, im not gonna bother trying aion again.

PS to add insult to injury i had no problem with interrupting download and resuming it later after it ahd already reset itself. You cant imagine how frustrating it is:P

Rant done.

Comments

• TyrxzTyrxz Member Posts: 329

I've been on and off Aion over a period of time. And I can vouch for this. So fucking annoying. I have no problem interupting at one point. But suddenly, NO COMPRENDE!

scribble scribble scribble

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486

yeh the launcher can be pain sometimes. thats why i always advice ppl to dowload the game from gamershell.com

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Originally posted by wojtekpl

So here i was thinking about giving Aion another go. Today before going to work i set comp to download the client, i get back and i had around 60-70% seeing as i got 2mbps connection and client had 13670 or so MB.

Around 20 minutea ago at 13000/13670 downloaded i figured "no point in leaving computer on since i wont be able to play it immidiately anyways and i can download it tomorrow that last part".

But then lo and behold. I start launcher again just to see if it'll start where it left and....... ZERO(0) / 13000. Damned crap started download from nothing !!! And no... it wasnt "checking" files or anything it simply started downloading the game again at ridiculously low speed of 200KB/s.

Thus huge middle finger to whoever made this installer to be so clunky and screw it, im not gonna bother trying aion again.

PS to add insult to injury i had no problem with interrupting download and resuming it later after it ahd already reset itself. You cant imagine how frustrating it is:P

Rant done.

It's kinda weird, I bought Aion recently and downloaded with the launcher, I made exactly what you say, started, closed and restarted later and it worked, in fact i made it a couple of times. Maybe you a Vista or 7 and it needs some kind of administrator access or something like that, I wish I could help you more.

• Tyvolus1Tyvolus1 Member Posts: 815

I have left and come back to AION several times now.  Just came back and resubbed after 2.5 and can say I have never seen this before.  Not sure why its happening to OP, but hasnt happened to me...ever with this game.