Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rate your level of anticipation for the upcoming MMO's!

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

SWTOR-6

TSW-6

GW2-6

AA, not enough info to decide.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Future:

TOR - 9 (Its not going to be a second Vanguard, but it looks nice. I definitely anticipate a ton of good storytelling + a fast but good combat rulesystem, and an overall nicely finished product with good support)

WoDO aka World of Darkness Online- 5 (hu, not sure, I absolutely loved Vampire: Bloodlines, but will a Sandbox really keep me interested ?!? Anyway its definitely on my radar)

GW2 - 2 (there is a slim chance I might buy it in a weak moment, just like I did with GW1 - but I doubt it will be more interesting than GW1)

ArchAge - 1 (meh, ship battles ? seriously ??)

TERA - 1 (meh)

TSW - 1 (more meh)

Citadel of Sorcery - 1 (dont know it, too lazy to look it up now)

Hellgate London - 1 (dont know it or dont remember knowing)

Firefall - 1 (dont know it)

Defiance - 1 (dont know it)

Also:

EQ Next - ??? 7 (well if I am supposed to give a rating for World of Darkness, I can also rare EQ3, as both are MMOs still far, far away. Its hard to say if SOE will still be there to release it. So far I havent heard anything about them taking elements from Vanguard. They basically only want to make a new EQ1. So really it could be very average or brilliant, I have no clue. Anyway I guess it will be a quite solid product).

Past:

Lineage 2 - Anticipation 1, Actual 5 (I was kinda shanghaied by a friend into it. To my surprise, I found many things that are actually fun, such as simple but beautiful manga graphics, overenchanting and castle sieges)

Vanguard - Anticipation 5, Actual 9.5+ (I originally was just checking for some basic things I wanted, and Vanguard was the best match. It wasnt until I actually started playing that I noticed how genius the game is. All I really missed was meaningful PvP like castle sieges)

Also:

I never actually played any of these, just based on what I heard:

Rift - anticipation 1, actual 1 (for example, rulesystem is just as crap as I anticipated, and seriously, if you give me darkelves, you have to give them black skin and white hair)

Aion - anticipation 3, actual 1 (why should I play a Lineage 2 that only has upgraded graphics ? L2 isnt THAT ugly yet)

AoC - anticipation 1, actual -1 (was already turned off by what little information was available one year before release - but after the release, they managed to make it worse)

LotRO - anticipation 5, actual 1 (I never liked Lord of the Rings, playing a MMO about it wasnt exactly ever my dream, and stuff like no female dwarves and no dedicated healer classes killed the last interest pretty quick)

Darkfall - anticipation 1, actual 1 (meh)

• gurugeorgegurugeorge Member UncommonPosts: 481

Originally posted by garry

Keeping it simple:

SWTOR - 10

TSW - 9

GW2 - 8

Exactly my list too.

• NeVeRLiFtNeVeRLiFt Member UncommonPosts: 380

ArcheAge - 10 (long live sandbox)

WoD - 9 (will cut off my left testicle for this one to be the real deal)

EQ3 - 9 (lets hope SoE is watching ArcheAge and learns something)

GW2 - 9 (oh the joy of B2P)

TSW - 8 (finally something different)

SWTOR - 7 (so far this does not impress me... looks like a step in the wrong direction for an online world to play in)

Hellgate London - 6

Firefall - 6

TERA - 6

Defiance - 6

Played: MCO - EQ/EQ2 - WoW - VG - WAR - AoC - LoTRO - DDO - GW/GW2 - Eve - Rift - FE - TSW - TSO - WS - ESO - AA - BD
    Playing: Sims 3 & 4, Diablo3 and PoE
    Waiting on: Lost Ark
    Who's going to make a Cyberpunk MMO?

• claytosclaytos Member Posts: 177

Firefall: 2

Blade and Soul: 7

Tera: 6

SWTOR: 5

TSW: 6

ArchAge: 4

Guild Wars 2: 10+

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

GW2 -8

TSW - 7

SWTOR - 10

ArcheAge - 7

Hellgate London - 1

Firefall - 6

TERA - 6

WoD - 8

Defiance - 8

• jadedlevirjadedlevir Member Posts: 628

Tera - 8

Gw2 - 9

Swtor- 6

B&s - 4 / meh

Wod- Don't have enough info - n/a

tsw- 6

Archage- 9 - I was actually suprised so many people were so negative about this one. What looks bad about it, im kinda of interested if I missed something that ruined it. Housing, naval aspects, sandbox island and themepark island hybrid. Interesting class system, physics engines +  Offers more features than any of the above.(well idk much about wod so that might be excluded)

Dragon nest - 4 - I'll throw dragon nest on their, because I'm kinda of hyped for it, since its like a  f2p anime, watered down tera, which will will hopefully hold me over for a little.

• FigureFigure Member Posts: 128

TSW: 8.  8's about the level where I know a ton about the game and follow it fairly closely.

SWTOR: 2.  It's not a 0 because I happen to have a friend working on this game right now.  I probably won't play it, but I hope it does well for their sake.

GW2: 5.  Starting to creep up a little and I might actually start looking into more information about this one.

Archeage: 0 N/A.  Not on my radar.

Hellgate: London: 1  Watched a gameplay video recently, still didn't care for it.

Firefall: 0 N/A. Not on my radar.

TERA: 4.  Game is slightly on my radar and looks pretty.  Combat also seems dynamic.

WoD: 4.  Mixed feelings on this.  I hope it turns out well and I might go full sandbox since I like the Tabletop RPG so much. (and have 24 books)

Defiance: 3.  Casually interested because of the apparent Syfy connection.

Currently Watching: TSW. << Very Eager for a Beta invite. Have experience with Beta Testing.
    Not personally a big fan of raiding or current pve endgame mmo philosophy. Nothing wrong with it, I just sort of burnt out on it.
    Hardcore raider in wow from Launch to.. about 7 months ago.
    Currently Playing: Champions Online.

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

GW2 - 1

TSW - 1

SWTOR - 1

ArcheAge - 7

Hellgate London - 1

Firefall - 1

TERA - 1

WoD - 5 (the recent internal newsletter leak about CCP's stance on Item Malls being a "How to do" and not an "If to do" brought this from a 10 to a 5.)

Defiance -1

Rift, before 7.5, after 7 (after having played a number of the betas and a few months after launch)

Aion, before 1, after 1

AoC, before 6, after 4

A MMO is a disappointment for me when I first look at their intended feature list and see it missing many of the things I enjoy while in an MMO. I would only use the term failure if it did not make a profit for the company owning it such that the company kept it up and running.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• King_KumquatKing_Kumquat Member Posts: 492

GW2 - 5

TSW - 4

SWTOR - 1

ArcheAge - 0

Hellgate London - 0

Firefall - 0

TERA - 2

WoD - 11 (Anticipation right?)

Defiance - 0

Will develop an original MMORPG title for money.
  • SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

Heh , anticipation you say?  For starters, I got ZERO anticipation. I'll try a title once released.  Too many failures and promises in the past from almost every Dev to be considering any sort of anticipation.

As far as grading a game I've played before and how I grade it now , If I ain't playing it ,it means it's a big fat zero. So basically all the games on this site (Almost all in the exception of a dozen that I haven't bothered to try yet) were between 5 and 8 , now all zero.

Some games I wouldn't mind returning if my friends decide to go back are Runes of Magic , EVE & LotRO.  The rest can rot. Except WoW , got nothing against WoW , just the idiots that say WoW destroyed the genre.

Until then , I'll go enjoy my Wii. :P

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Here's my list, on a scale of 1 to 10:

GW2 - 3

TSW - 8

SWTOR - 9.5

ArcheAge - 6

Hellgate London - 0

Firefall - 0

TERA - 3

WoD - 10?  (too little known of it yet)

Defiance - 0

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by Khalathwyr

Rift, before 7.5, after 7 (after having played a number of the betas and a few months after launch)

A MMO is a disappointment for me when I first look at their intended feature list and see it missing many of the things I enjoy while in an MMO. I would only use the term failure if it did not make a profit for the company owning it such that the company kept it up and running.

I find this interesting, since Rift has nowhere near the feature list of an ArcheAge (WoD is too much an unknown factor) and it has even less than a number of the upcoming MMO's like GW2 and SWTOR will have, yet you gave it a 7.5 and a 7. Doesn't that seem a contradictio in terminis? Or is this just a 'there's no arguing about the subjectiveness of taste' kind of situation, where heart overrules mind?

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Okay, let's see... my list.

Defiance    - 10

Hellgate: London - 9

TERA - 8

WoD  - 7

Firefall  - 6

SWTOR  -5

TSW  - 4

ArcheAge  - 3

Blade & Soul  - 2

PSO2 & GW2 - 1

(wait, what, this isn't a count-down style top ten list thread?

Pft.  Whatever.)

• honourswordhonoursword Member UncommonPosts: 82

Archeage is the only one I am looking forward too. All the others seem to be just the same MMO's we have all over the place just with a few extra bells and whistles on. These bore me now, time for something different.

Archeage - 8

• CantorageCantorage Member Posts: 186

I'll add this one:

Age of Conan: Unchained - before 8, after 10

• Sain34Sain34 Member UncommonPosts: 293

TOR is the only game I am even looking forward to. To be honest if TOR doesn't rock my boat I think i'm done with MMOs

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by Meowhead

Okay, let's see... my list.

Defiance    - 10

Hellgate: London - 9

TERA - 8

WoD  - 7

Firefall  - 6

SWTOR  -5

TSW  - 4

ArcheAge  - 3

Blade & Soul  - 2

PSO2 & GW2 - 1

(wait, what, this isn't a count-down style top ten list thread?

Pft.  Whatever.)

TERA should be lower hehe :P

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• LeononaLeonona Member UncommonPosts: 225

Tera - 4

SWTOR - 5

TSW - 6

Archeage - 7

GW2 - 10

It's funny that the only game I would pay a sub for is BTP, and the games I wouldn't all have a sub. I would like to try swtor but with a sub, I don't think it will happen. Perhaps Archeage if it's really good.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

Just as the title says, how excited or interested are you in the MMO's that arrive in the (near) future?

GW2 - 7 - Has some promise, such as dynamic quests, but not expecting much else.

TSW - 7 - Same here. Devs have said this is a themepark where you can select which rides to take. Sounds cool but still same old tired themepark system.

SWTOR - 5 - This one shows almost nothing beside your typical themepark. Single player storylines is not something I expect from MMORPG. I can play single player games for that.

ArcheAge - 8 - Previously I would score this a 9 but lately I heard alot of themepark/questing elements which leads me to believe that this game is mostly themepark with some sandbox elements. The non class based progression sounds interesting though.

Hellgate London - 6 - Dont know much about this game but it's setting with mixed fantasy/horror and modern setting does not interest me much.

Firefall - ? - Barely know what this is.

TERA - 7 - Rating this game high due to exciting combat system as well as political system. Early reports from Korea is not good though.

WoD - 5 - Dont know much about this game except that it is CCP and I dont much like that company.

Defiance - ? - Dont know what this is.

Undead Lab's Class 3 (zombie MMORPG) - 8 - Sandbox. apoc. zombie game, sounds really interesting but too early to say much more.

And how would you rate your level of anticipation and excitement about MMO's that appeared the past few years, before their release and after having played them for a while?

My list:

Rift, before 7 after 5 - Rifts sounded promising but after trying it they are not much more than random spawns. Only interesting feature is the multi-sub-class system which is not enough to make a good MMORPG. Feels very much like a spiced up version of WoW.

Aion, before 7, after 5 - Boring grind, not enough PvP and unflexible class system.

AoC, before 8, after 5 - Played this at launch and as I am a Conan fan expected much. However the game turned out to be garbage with disjointed world, super instanced and buggy and finally boring PvP.

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

This is mine...

10 = Completly hyped !

5  = looking forward to it.

1 = don't give a damn !

TERA - 8

WoD  - 5

SWTOR  - 7

TSW  - 9

ArcheAge  - 6

Blade & Soul  - 5

GW2 - 6

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

TERA - 1

WoD  - 1

SWTOR  - 1

TSW  - 1

ArcheAge  - 7

Blade & Soul  - 1

GW2 - 9

Only 2 mmo's got interest tho other mmo's doesnt get any hype from me as they look like 13 in a dozen.

• LanfeaLanfea Member UncommonPosts: 223

GW2 - 8 - its a 100% buy

TSW - 6 - the scenario sounds nice, but i expect only another themepark.

SWTOR - 6 -  a family game. if neither gw2 or archeage will release before swtor i will play it.

ArcheAge - 9 - since last december, in which i quit eve after 4 years, i played sto, dcuo, rift (all till endcontent) and now aion ... i really need a new game in which i can find challenges and goals to keep my busy for at least a year or more. archeage is my hope, my light at the end of the tunnel ....

Hellgate London - 1 - not my taste.

Firefall - 1 - also not my taste, especially these really crappy designs of armor and weapons. cancer for my eyes.

TERA - 3 - i will give it a try in beta, but for me there are a lot of reasons not to play it.

WoD - ? - it can be the next big sandbox mmorpg, but i seams that ccp will screw it.

Defiance - ? - this game can change the mmorpg business (one virtual world in which big changes done by players and guilds will reflect in a weekly tv-scifi-drama-serie - great marketing), but atm its too little known about the game mechanics and content. but i trust trion worlds to deliver us a major bugfree and smooth running game.

"And how would you rate your level of anticipation and excitement about MMO's that appeared the past few years, before their release and after having played them for a while?"

Rift, before 6 after 6 - its a casual game for casual gamer and a very good game for newcomers in the world of mmorpgs.

Aion, before 6, after 5 - saw it before, done it before, well ... it keeps you busy for a month or two.

AoC, before 9, after 7 - a lot of promises funcom made about this game and finally after 2 years some of them are now in this game. i don't know if going 'freemium' will help the game, but i nevertheless i will reactivate my account soon.

LOTR, before 6, after 9 - i was sceptic about this game before release: could they deliver the neccessary game-depth and the atmosphere the theme requires and the fans expected? it could. one of the best fantasy mmorpgs out there and whem i'm old and grey i will return.

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

Originally posted by Khalathwyr

I find this interesting, since Rift has nowhere near the feature list of an ArcheAge (WoD is too much an unknown factor) and it has even less than a number of the upcoming MMO's like GW2 and SWTOR will have, yet you gave it a 7.5 and a 7. Doesn't that seem a contradictio in terminis? Or is this just a 'there's no arguing about the subjectiveness of taste' kind of situation, where heart overrules mind?

Honestly, it was more of a giving in to the point that with the majority of you not being able to handle and thus like the older style sandboxish type games, it was me really giving in and saying just play something, anything since that vocal group seems to have effectively prevented any AAA company from making a AAA sandbox ever again.

It just so happens that Rift was a very well polished game once I decided to try it. It's high rating from me stems from that. After betaing it for a long while and then playing after launch for a few months those old feelings started to set back in and it made me realize once and for all that themepark games are not for me, thus the slightly lower "after" rating.

I tried to give your themepark games yet another try and yet again it has proven that themepark, directed content just can't hold me long term.

As for WoD, unless CCP turns around on their printed word it will be a Micro-transaction game with three different levels of items, one of which being "power items" (and another being "cosmetic"). That alone is enough of a known to back me off the title a significant amount.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

GW2 - 0

TSW - 4(might be willing to revote after launch)

SWTOR - -10

ArcheAge - 0

Hellgate London - 0

Firefall - 0

TERA - 0

WoD - 8  (too little known of it yet) and willing to consider it after launch. Am concerned about direction of this ggame After CCP put a vanity item shop in EVE.

Defiance - 0

Sorry most games that are coming leave me with a feeling of.. Bleh.  TSW might be good but Iam not into investing in prepaying for a beta anymore.

that is my opinion

Currently bored with MMO's.