Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DAOC

I just came back to DAOC after playing AION for about 2 years.

First of all, it's DAOC's 10 year anniversary. All inactive accounts have been granted a free 14 day resub!

Here's what I think:

DAOC is clearly the best PvP based MMO out there. Even though the numbers are a fraction of what they used to be. The action is still just as frequent. I logged in and withing 20 minutes found a guild and got put into a guild group for PvP which so far, has been static. After 2 hours of play I noticed that I had gained 105 kills and about 15k RPs... Go figure. 

I'm headed back and if you really want to test your skills, I suggest you do the same. 

Also no more need for MLXP. If you have the credit, you have the spells.

They combined Molted Dragon Scales, Dragon Scales, Draco Scales etc... so now you can buy all dragon drops with them.

Atlantian Glass is a little easier to come by and you can get all your arifacts with that! 4 hours in Deep Volcanus got me everthing I needed for my SM temp.

Also ML10 gear is insane! and they run raids every 5 minutes. It's great.

Krenuds Dh'harrid 50 Skald
Midguard Bors
Dark Age of Camelot

Comments

• RavkeenRavkeen Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Welcome back to the game and see u on the battlefield.

Hi I'm Ravkeen! image

Emilia_Emi Lvl 56 Witch
    Now Playing : Black Desert Online
    "America is not at war, the US Military is at war, America is at the mall."

• Artymus77Artymus77 Member Posts: 140

what if you have to make a new toon, is it new toon friendly?  Ive played before but it was like couple years ago i dont even remember my account name and pw lol.  But i have really enjoyed and loved this game for not even giving it a chance because i was more of a SWG (precu) fan.

• druidwarlockdruidwarlock Member Posts: 8

I came back for a coupole days,  I didn't feel bad losing all my fights :( thou I did win 1).    It's been over 5 years since I played my r6 50 sword 50 criticalstrick shadowblade (red headed step child of daoc).   The 20 gold buffs were nice, but I really needed a haste buff,  and since i die alot i wasn't gonna bother some one hehe.

was real fun using my madden gloves an turing into a wolf.  Seems most people don't bother with toa artifacts.  Maybe that why i die so much.  I never did the new expansion.

A mail system would of been nice so I could of mailed some potions from my alchemist skald.   Only have about 20 plate between the 4 toons an inflation hit daoc hard.  

sucks only could copy 4 of the toons so i picked my gm crafters with toa 10's, no master levels :(

The game would go along way to help players with some links to help people with templating toons.

I did see one smite cleric that I played with on alb ector, 

The game is still very active, dispite the low population of albion.  The old post on vn used to say if alb left the game would die.  Glad thats not true.

• shawn01shawn01 Member UncommonPosts: 166

I recently started playing again too, and while this game is not nearly as good as it once was, it is still great. The MAJOR problem with it, is the need for a buff bot. If you dont have buffs you may as well not even try to play this game. Still if you have 30 dollars a month to spend, this game is the best there is.

• GhavalGhaval Member UncommonPosts: 49

The only time you need a buff bot is if you are so competivie that you think losing a fight is because you were not totally capped.

I lead a large guild and can get buffs whenever I ask. However, with all the "you must have a bot" commits out I decided to try it. I put on an old Dragon Templet that you can get now for a few hours of farming and went to solo. So after 2 hours of solo I killed 48 albs racked up 70k realm points died 23 times. That was on a RR7 Runemaster Rune Carving Spec. I would say buff bots are not really required after this test. Granted I am used to the class and play it well.

Basically if you lose and it makes you mad in real life, this game is not for you. you WILL DIE! You will lose. You will get zerg down, you will look away and come back to a Inf sitting on your body. IT happens!