Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: Auto Attack Reform

2»

Comments

• GetalifeGetalife Member CommonPosts: 786

Originally posted by Murugan

Originally posted by Getalife

Originally posted by Murugan

Why don't you try contributing more to the discussion than simply stating your opinion then if you don't think that requires you to make a convincing case for it...

Oh so you can state your opinion but i can not? did i ask you to make a convincing case? i take your opinion for what it is. Agree or disagree it is up to you.

So in other words, no you can't.

Again read in BOLD..'i was statign my opinion just like you are. When you start backign up what you say with evidence you can point fingers at me. And no that link to flicker is not an evidence.

Once again, all you have is anecdotal evidence.  "I've played lots of MMO's, MMO's "seldom" get a second chance".

Again, its an opinion that is all it is. And yes MMOS never get a second chance and if you are hoping for a huge comeback with millions of players rushing to grab the PS3 version of FFXIV, sorry that is not going to happen. I haven't seen any MMO make a comeback so far. EQ2, Vanguard, AOC, Warhammer Online.... are few examples. Yes they manage to stay afloat and recoup their investment but in no way are considered to be a run away success. You put too much faith in FFXIV if you think millions of potential customers are waiting for FFXIV's relaunch.

Can't be considered a success?  Well EQ2 gets plenty of new content so I consider that a success even though I think it is a lousy MMO.  Vanguard/AoC/Warhammer Online sorry buddy but none of those are comparable to FFXIV.  Vanguard was published by a startup MMO company which failed upon Launch, XIV is published by one of the larger Game developer/publishers in the world.  AoC/Warhammer Online had regional servers which were decimated by people leaving, and now they are going free to play but they also get new content.  I might not like the games but they did not fail.  All those games except Vanguard today has done more than simply "recoup their losses" they continue to put out new content for players to enjoy.  Millions of players, who the *&^% cares.  I play on a server that is limited to thousands anyways.  As long as I am guarunteed new content will be developed I consider a game a success. 

Why are the not comparable to FFXIV? aren't they all MMORPGS based on major IP and had major hype before release? (Vanguard was an exception but still had lots of hype) didn't they screw up at launch and are still trying to recover? once again you are trying to put words into my mouth. I never said these MMOS failed, but they never made a comeback either like you are hoping FXIV would be able to make. As far as 'millions of players' you are the one who mentioned it and now you are saying who cares? i love  how you keep contradicting yourself in every post.

Millions of customers with PS3's, a new market not currently able to play XIV.  "77 million registered accounts" :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblog/sets/72157626521862165/

77 million registered account means nothing. But i hardly doubt even 1 million player accounts will be made once console version is launched.  Something only tilme can tell.

A million, again with a million.  Who cares, FFXI never got a million accounts EVER.  No MMO I have ever enjoyed has had a million accounts.  MMO's with a million accounts let's see so that would be not counting F2P games WoW and what Rift?  Go enjoy your sucessful MMO's then I guess, luckily your definition of success isn't universal or even rational.

If you didn't care why did you show me this link? my resposne was to your boasting of 75 million REGISTERED account. And nope i didn't care till you try to bring numbers into argument.

Final Fantasy XIV is both published and developed by Square Enix a major game development company which continues to at the very least be invested enough the game to continue to develop it (as evidenced by updates and communication with the community).

Again they are still developing for FFXIV, they are still going to launch on PS3.  Clearly it hasn't failed yet unless you hold it to some ridiculous standard more fitting to games with the appeal of farmville or World of Warcraft.  Honestly couldn't give a hoot if you think the game will be a success, I was posting to clear up the misconception that Square Enix "should or would" simply give up on the game.

Again never said  that SE should give up on this game. All i mentioned was that it would be better if they stick to F2P model. 

They have admitted it in no way met their expectations, and that they are completely revamping the game prior to the PS3 launch, but realistically they are not going to simply give it up at this point.  It's a major title in their flagship series, and unlike all the other titles of "failed MMO's" you mentioned their publisher/developer (being them) are still behind the title.

I played Vanguard btw, it was/is a great game and better than 99.99% of all other MMO's on the market.  I'd still be playing it to this day if it weren't for the fact that SOE has abandoned it and is no longer planning to seriously develop new content for it in the future.  Until that happened I didn't consider it a failure either.

Some people play these things called good games rather than devoting their playtime to the market leader purely because it is the most profitable for the company who makes it, not that helping a company thousands of miles away from me amass massive profits or feeling reassured in my choice because millions of other people "did it" doesn't just sound like a blast on its own, it's called thinking for yourself you should try it sometime! (that's purely a subjective opinion about you something I know little about that I won't even try to base on any evidence since that's the only language you speak)

'Good games' that is subjective. One mans trash is another mans treasure.  As far as evidence is concerned you have none of it. All you do is give your opinions and assumptions just like i do and yet you take offense to my opinions. I see that i hit a nerve with you so i must have said something right ;) However it would be nice if yous top contradicting yourself because it is hard to discuss with people like you who constanly change the goal posts to suit their arguments.