Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard’s Secret Titan Project Labeled a ‘New Casual MMO’

13»

Comments

• VowOfSilenceVowOfSilence Member UncommonPosts: 565

Originally posted by MMOExposed

Originally posted by MyGarona

The Blizz that created D1, D2, and WoW vanilla is gone. It has been replaced by a corporation called Activision Blizzard. It is no longer a gaming company that is first class and also makes a fortune. It is a shareholder conscious income producing asset. No more and no less. Sad but true.

Huh? What?

Blizzard is very first class. Just cant stay interested as much into something you burnt out on. what you expect?

It has nothing to do with being burnt out on the games, it's Blizzard who's burnt out. Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo, even WoW were great. But what happened then?

Devs were dissatisfied and left Blizzard to form Arena Net, and look what they did in the meantime. Others left to form Flagship and weren't as successfull, but still, they had their reasons.

What's Blizzard up to in the meantime? Adding more-of-the-same to WoW while cloning Starcraft and Diablo 2 and developing a "casual MMO". I'm not impressed. The visonary Blizzard I used to love is no more. The real Blizzard is called Arena Net and Undead Labs now.

Hype train -> Reality

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Originally posted by VowOfSilence

Originally posted by MMOExposed

Originally posted by MyGarona

The Blizz that created D1, D2, and WoW vanilla is gone. It has been replaced by a corporation called Activision Blizzard. It is no longer a gaming company that is first class and also makes a fortune. It is a shareholder conscious income producing asset. No more and no less. Sad but true.

Huh? What?

Blizzard is very first class. Just cant stay interested as much into something you burnt out on. what you expect?

It has nothing to do with being burnt out on the games, it's Blizzard who's burnt out. Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo, even WoW were great. But what happened then?

Devs were dissatisfied and left Blizzard to form Arena Net, and look what they did in the meantime. Others left to form Flagship and weren't as successfull, but still, they had their reasons.

What's Blizzard up to in the meantime? Adding more-of-the-same to WoW while cloning Starcraft and Diablo 2 and developing a "casual MMO". I'm not impressed. The visonary Blizzard I used to love is no more. The real Blizzard is called Arena Net and Undead Labs now.

Huh?  Blizzard has always been about quality, not quantity.  They also tend to succeed by taking a "tried and true" concept and perfecting to the highest level possible.

Look at Warcraft, it was not the first RTS game.  Dune 2 (first Warcraft-esque RTS) was released before it and did pretty well, so Blizzard worked on perfecting the concept with Warcraft to great success.  Same thing with Diablo, it is obviously not the first hack and slash dungeon crawler.  Same with WoW...

Blizzard isn't a "radical innovator" company.  They are a "perfectionist" company.  They will take an existing concept and elevate it to its full potential through tons of polish and tight gameplay.

So I don't really see what you're talking about.  They're just doing what they always do.  They see that casual MMO's are hot now, and they're going to do their Blizzard thing and make the best one possible.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• MyGaronaMyGarona Member Posts: 139
    Sure WoW is still pretty. It has also lacked original content and innovation for years. Dailies to gear up for heroics to gear up for 10s, etc. Yawn. Look at the amount of recycled content lately. If you still enjoy it - great. It is old and tired. I am beginning to think the whole sword and bored (pun intended) genre has grown stale. Sequels are not original. They may be awesome, but original - no.

Here's hoping D3 is half the experience D2 was.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

'Within 12 to 24 months'?

Interesting. So, this would mean that Titan arrives in 2012-2013? First half of 2013 at the latest?

last I heard, rumors were pegging Titan for Late 2013

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/10258/blizzard-titan-our-next-gen-mmo

A leaked document supposedly reveals Titan is due in late 2013, however Blizzard would only confirm that 'Titan' is their next MMO project. Diablo III is next.

things may change

but Pardo also said there will probably be no talk about Titan at this years Blizzcon

http://www.blizzmmo.com/topic/44-no-announcement-for-another-year/

• garrygarry Member Posts: 263

TITAN - Can be either a fantasy or a sci-fi game. Since I have serious doubts as to Blizz wanting a fantasy game to compete with WOW then I would guess a space oriented game (sci-fi) with the same casual (meaning the majority of MMO gamers) player base as WoW.  Just a thought. Probably like STO or SWTOR. If so I will certainly check it out. Played WoW for years and feel I got my moneys worth. May go back if I see something new I like.