Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will the closing of SWG make veterans shut up?

EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

Just curious what people think on the matter. Will veterans continue to post about how great SWG used to be and that SOE sucks?

Remember Old School Ultima Online

Comments

• DrakxiiDrakxii Member Posts: 594

Nope, if SOE would have reverted a server or two that might have but now we get to complain forever.

I will not play a game with a cash shop ever again. A dev job should be to make the game better not make me pay so it sucks less.

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

Originally posted by EndDream

Just curious what people think on the matter. Will veterans continue to post about how great SWG used to be and that SOE sucks?

No, and it won't make the people who ask if the veterans will shut up, shut up either.

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

SWG closing won't change history.

It will be used as an industry example of how not to change your game and treat your playerbase for a long time to come. That is, unless another MMO of a greater magnitude repeats history, then that MMO will be the poster child for the biggest industry screw up.

I don't even see a lot of active complaining anymore though, just broad acceptance that SoE screwed the pooch with SWG.

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

Originally posted by EndDream

Of course. 

Now they have extra ammo -- the game is closing down. If anything, we're now going to see even more gloating and "I Told You So" posts than there were before.

• EsherdonEsherdon Member UncommonPosts: 47

The reason they are so vocal is because those who fail to remember history are doomed to repeat it. Why let SoE off the hook after so many bad bad bad choices and it is not just limited too SWG.

"Onward to adventure".

• GormokGormok Member Posts: 379

Nope, they will just rip on SW:ToR even harder now.

• UzlebUzleb Member Posts: 162

Originally posted by Drakxii

Nope, if SOE would have reverted a server or two that might have but now we get to complain forever.

agreed

• BCuseBCuse Member Posts: 140

no and why should they?  if they love the game why not talk about it, does it hurt anyone?  plus there are a lot of lessons to be learned by the history of swg.  lets hope they dont repeat.

• KruulKruul Member UncommonPosts: 482

No but this vet actually likes the post NGE/CU better than the old crap. Just play liberator for a week then jump over to live and you will see what I'm talking about.

People  (mainly the older crowd) hate change

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I'm not even a bitter SWG vet at this point.  Yet I still believe NGE is something to use as a point of reference.

Besides, do oldies fans still complain about the state of the music industry?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

So the game shuts down after being on life support for the last few years proving that the new direction of the game was a mistake and now that we have been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that SOEs decision was terrible for business, you want us to ust silently go away? 

I still dislike SOE and still do not buy Sony products if I can help it.  Thats how much anger I STILL have over them taking the years of my life that I spent happily in their virtual world and throwing all my efforts away in pursuit of more money from some would-be new subscriber.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

I don't know that anyone wants the vets to silently go away as much as they're wondering about priorities. The NGE/CU happened in 2005. It's 2011. The game is going to shut down for good, and SOE has much bigger problems to deeal with than the loss of the Star Wars license. 

How much more can people say that hasn't already been said in the last six years? 

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

This thread is pretty much just a lightning rod for  fight. Locking it.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.