Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nows my chance.....

RocknRollRocknRoll Member Posts: 21

To catch up! All the Eve Vets left! Wooooohooooo who wants to make a corp to dominate the galaxy?!

Comments

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

hahaha I support this thread. People QQing over a vanity item cash shop is just bazarr. You dont even have to use real cash you can use in game money to get the damn items LOL.

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

LOL, yeah, you can think of it as the "fresh start" server, what with "so many" EVE veterans leaving ...

Funny thing though, my EVEMON must be broken, says there's 39K players online right now, can't be right, since "everyone" left.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• 69Cuda69Cuda Member Posts: 251

Originally posted by EndDream

hahaha I support this thread. People QQing over a vanity item cash shop is just bazarr. You dont even have to use real cash you can use in game money to get the damn items LOL.

People that are pissed off that, you know, actually play the game could care less about the vanity items - or there cost for that matter.

There are only about 1 billion links to the information and the issues at hand that is at the heart of the problem.

• RocknRollRocknRoll Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by Kyleran

LOL, yeah, you can think of it as the "fresh start" server, what with "so many" EVE veterans leaving ...

Funny thing though, my EVEMON must be broken, says there's 39K players online right now, can't be right, since "everyone" left.

Haha! yeah exactly. And must be somthing wrong with your EVEMON.

• revajinrevajin Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by 69Cuda

Originally posted by EndDream

People that are pissed off that, you know, actually play the game could care less about the vanity items - or there cost for that matter.

There are only about 1 billion links to the information and the issues at hand that is at the heart of the problem.

You mean all the rumors and wild speculation? I have to yet to see any credible source that says CCP is selling gameplay affecting items in the cash shop.

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Originally posted by revajin

You mean all the rumors and wild speculation? I have to yet to see any credible source that says CCP is selling gameplay affecting items in the cash shop.

And there's no credible source to say that they aren't going to have pay2win items.

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by tachgb

Originally posted by revajin

And there's no credible source to say that they aren't going to have pay2win items.

http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=913

"So this thing is vanity items only?

Yes. We will start out with a rather limited number of items initially, carefully measuring the demand and how it impacts the economy. As time progresses, we'll gradually introduce new items and revise our strategy. We've also discussed this issue in depth with the Council of Stellar Management and will both consult with them and keep them up to date every step of the way."

But then again, "everything CCP says is a lie" because heaven forbid they play playing devil’s advocate in an internal newsletter regarding NEX (something even my own company does though in meetings), so yup no creditable source here.

Anyways to OP, I lol'd so thanks for the humor as it's needed here with the vocal minority picking doing what they do best at every content release, change, etc.

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• InktomiInktomi Member UncommonPosts: 663

One doesn't just "leave" EVE, just because you press your unsub button, doesn't mean its over then. Many experienced players have paid up for months or years. My sub is up in August and have already unsubbed. The problem also is that a player will probably need to "unwind" himself from his activities.

Activities like planetary interaction, POS's, moon mining and more or less the logistics of moving stuff to store it in a safer place.

Shutting down your accounts with ships in a Hangar Module of a POS is like giving them away.

Ask me anything.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

There is a server graph on the front page that indicates 31k+.

er, is that everyone?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • frostsmithfrostsmith Member Posts: 111

Originally posted by Inktomi

One doesn't just "leave" EVE, just because you press your unsub button, doesn't mean its over then. Many experienced players have paid up for months or years. My sub is up in August and have already unsubbed. The problem also is that a player will probably need to "unwind" himself from his activities.

Activities like planetary interaction, POS's, moon mining and more or less the logistics of moving stuff to store it in a safer place.

Shutting down your accounts with ships in a Hangar Module of a POS is like giving them away.

Ask me anything.

That and ... People are not pissed just because of the vanity items, but because they said they would never open a cash shop. I don't know why I even bother explaining it to the fanboys(not towards the guy I just quoted)... They'll pay even if it gave them cancer.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

The fact that their isn't a large surge in activity is the biggest problem.

How long was 'Walk in station' (aka Incarna) in development? 3 years?

Incarna was suppose to be the biggest surge because the Walk In Station was hyped so much.

Heck, with this expansion you would have had almost every ex-player having some sort of remote interest. 

Every EVE expansion so far had a surge of activity for 3-4 months as everyone checked it out. Well, the expansion that was hyped the most came out and there is no surge. That's worrying. :(

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by jpnz

Incarna was suppose to be the biggest surge because the Walk In Station was hyped so much.

Heck, with this expansion you would have had almost every ex-player having some sort of remote interest. 

Every EVE expansion so far had a surge of activity for 3-4 months as everyone checked it out. Well, the expansion that was hyped the most came out and there is no surge. That's worrying. :(

If you're saying that WIS isn't bringing in new people, of course not at this point, people are actually waiting until you're actually walking in stations. As it stands now, it's just a room to walk around in, how does that change the problem some people have with just being a ship in EVE and wanting to socialize as an avatar?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Originally posted by Malickie

If you're saying that WIS isn't bringing in new people, of course not at this point, people are actually waiting until you're actually walking in stations. As it stands now, it's just a room to walk around in, how does that change the problem some people have with just being a ship in EVE and wanting to socialize as an avatar?

The desire to 'see' your avatar has been one of the fundamental desires in EVE from the start.

The patch that brought in the 'new' char creation had a surge in subs/activity for goodness sake.

This is the 'real deal' where you can actually see and 'interact' with your avatar. I would have at least expected some type of surge from people wanting to see the actual 3D animation of their avatars but that wasn't the case.

Hopefully the revamped New Player Exp holds onto the new players cause this game desperateley needs them.

What the.. holy poo poo, cross posting this from the FailHeap Challenge forums.

http://209.130.195.20/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2522&start=160

To the TLDR crowd, 

Assuming that nothing changes with regard to their income and expense structure, and that they can't refinance the loan, CCP will go bankrupt on October 28th.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

The desire to 'see' your avatar has been one of the fundamental desires in EVE from the start.

The patch that brought in the 'new' char creation had a surge in subs/activity for goodness sake.

This is the 'real deal' where you can actually see and 'interact' with your avatar. I would have at least expected some type of surge from people wanting to see the actual 3D animation of their avatars but that wasn't the case.

Hopefully the revamped New Player Exp holds onto the new players cause this game desperateley needs them.

WIth so much uproar going on I'm not surprised really, who wants to join a game at a time like that. Personally I was curious enough to resub to check out CQ, but to me it really didn't feel like something that really changes the dynamic all that much. Once it's expanded that may be different.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson