Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Class and Race combo's for WoW

Cao_PiCao_Pi Member Posts: 5

Hi, some people may remember me but its been a while since I posted. Now that people told me to start out with WoW I have a quick question. I am just a bit curious to know what is the best class for each race as of Cataclysm? I would like to eventually build up to having one character of each race but I'd like to know that the combo I'm picking won't give me such a hard time throughout the game. Please don't tell me that it just depends on which one you like best or find most tolerable. I've tried looking for answers on the web to this before but most people said just make sure you don't mind having that and sticking with it for hours of gameplay. Truth is that I like all the races and al the classes seem fun. I just would like to know which classes are good for each race.Thanks for hearing me out.

Comments

• PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

IMO

Best (most effective) for solo play: Paladin without a doubt.

Best for group play: Warrior (you'll never wait long in a cue, but play this difficult class well or you will be roundly hated by your group).

Races? I've forgotten most of the racial bonuses, so I'm not going to give an opinion. But this is not a huge factor anyway.

BTW, you could have posted this in the WoW forum here.

Edit: PvP, I'm no expert on this one.

• OnarixOnarix Member Posts: 84

Heres from a 4 year player.

As an avid pvper all classes have a chance to succeed depending on the skill level by the player. The best race for a PvPer is a Human because of "Every man for himself" which allows to break a stun. This also means you would be able to use a double trinket which you will figure out later.

As a casual PvEr I will state the best race for each of the following.

Healer: Draenei, Gift of the Naaru. A heal that ticks players over time.

DPS: Anything goes but worgen is nice for the extra 1% critical chance.

Tank/Defensive: Tauren or Dwarf for this simply because of "Stoneform" for dwarf: Causes the dwarf to gain bonus armor for a set amount of time. Tauren: (Forget name) 5% more HP to your total health pool.

Then again I tanked fine as a human paladin as the traits do not matter that much but thats some info to back your decision up on.

As for classes I enjoyed most.

Tank: Paladin (Because of the ability to heal while tanking)

Healer: Druid (Fun keeping HoTs on the targets and big AoE heal numbers)

DPS: Warrior (So much mobility its not even funny)

Heads Up: WoW is a very addictive game which took a lot of work to get me away from but welcome to your new world and hope I helped!

Free to play means pay to win.

• Cao_PiCao_Pi Member Posts: 5

thank you soo much both of you for the advice it helps me a lot. So far I have a dranei hunter and a blood elf warrior. I can already tell that WoW can be super addictive from only a few days and thanks for the heads up. It just leaves me with this feeling that there is so much to do and see that I need to play a ton just to scratch the surface of its possibilities. And I'm also wondering am I the only one that liked many aspects of the old pre Cata world better? I never got to play while it was up but from research about it some zones such as Ashenvale,Loch Modan,Darkshore and a few others just aren't as cool. I would have liked to see some stuff such as Stonewroght dam, Astrannar, and Auberdine.

• OnarixOnarix Member Posts: 84

Originally posted by Cao_Pi

thank you soo much both of you for the advice it helps me a lot. So far I have a dranei hunter and a blood elf warrior. I can already tell that WoW can be super addictive from only a few days and thanks for the heads up. It just leaves me with this feeling that there is so much to do and see that I need to play a ton just to scratch the surface of its possibilities. And I'm also wondering am I the only one that liked many aspects of the old pre Cata world better? I never got to play while it was up but from research about it some zones such as Ashenvale,Loch Modan,Darkshore and a few others just aren't as cool. I would have liked to see some stuff such as Stonewroght dam, Astrannar, and Auberdine.

Yeah I like new azeroth but meh. And for your idea of playing a lot to catch up attitude put it aside and enjoy leveling as much as you can because if you dont get into a hardcore raiding for pvp guild endgame dont expect to go anywhere far. (Sorry if that sounded negative but thats the harsh side of WoW, endgame)

Free to play means pay to win.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Originally posted by Onarix

Heres from a 4 year player.

As an avid pvper all classes have a chance to succeed depending on the skill level by the player. The best race for a PvPer is a Human because of "Every man for himself" which allows to break a stun. This also means you would be able to use a double trinket which you will figure out later.

As a casual PvEr I will state the best race for each of the following.

Healer: Draenei, Gift of the Naaru. A heal that ticks players over time.

DPS: Anything goes but worgen is nice for the extra 1% critical chance.

Tank/Defensive: Tauren or Dwarf for this simply because of "Stoneform" for dwarf: Causes the dwarf to gain bonus armor for a set amount of time. Tauren: (Forget name) 5% more HP to your total health pool.

Then again I tanked fine as a human paladin as the traits do not matter that much but thats some info to back your decision up on.

As for classes I enjoyed most.

Tank: Paladin (Because of the ability to heal while tanking)

Healer: Druid (Fun keeping HoTs on the targets and big AoE heal numbers)

DPS: Warrior (So much mobility its not even funny)

Heads Up: WoW is a very addictive game which took a lot of work to get me away from but welcome to your new world and hope I helped!

hey dont go misleading the OP with that paladin stuff. be real with the OP. Cause the OP will get bashed big time if he/she were to go in WoW as a Paladin tank thinking he/she can heal and tank at the same time.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• Cao_PiCao_Pi Member Posts: 5

so overall how much does the race/class combo affect your gameplay? I mean does it affect everything down to pvp, dungeons, raids, different and unique quests and items maybe? 

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

so overall how much does the race/class combo affect your gameplay? I mean does it affect everything down to pvp, dungeons, raids, different and unique quests and items maybe? 

Not much. the racial bonuses tend to be extremly minor, but if your unsure going human is a safe bet. The races all have slightly diff base stats, but 99% of your stats come from gear and the diffrence is only a few points, which at high level those few points make 0 real diffrence at all.

For horde I prefer blood elves, I hate to say it but the rest of the races to me look like crap, cept trolls they are kinda cool XD. I'd be Blood elf for all classes I can, and troll if I wanted to be a druid.

Alliance side, i'd just make all my chars Human female, no reason not too the other races don't really offer enough of a bonus for how butt fugly they are. Well draenai girls are kinda nice.

All and all its just prefrences.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• TyrantasTyrantas Member UncommonPosts: 369

Undead Shadow Priest

Orc Enhancement Shaman

The ones i played and enjoyed most. I was pvper mostly tho, and no, don't roll enhancement shaman it's like most complicated option to go for pvp.

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

The racial bonuses are almost non-existent at this point.   Tauren get slightly more hps as a tank, undead get a free fear remova, blood elves get a small aoe silence....l.   Any race perk is very minor overall compared to the overall power of the class, and pretty much each race has some little perk.   Honestly, I cannot think of a single class that I would ´definitely´ want to be a certain race.... you pick the class and spec becasue of the playstyle, but mostly you pick the race because of the appearance and starter zone.

The only real cool one is if you want to have herbalism and mining,  Tauren Druids are awesome.

• ColdskinColdskin Member Posts: 22

if u want to be tanker , healer  , melee and range dpser by one character, u must try druid.

if u like to have many different forms , plz try druid. I love my Tauren druid , and i wish u will love it too.

• meleemadnessmeleemadness Member Posts: 592

Druids are way better than shaman....shaman suck at all things, druids rock at all things.

• BunkafishBunkafish Member Posts: 57

go warlock imo, good for both pvp and pve. 

gnome or undead

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

Gnome mage or warlock.

The extra int from "expansive mind" is very helpful especially when you're grinding, as it gives you more mana to work with, and more DPS.

For tanks, yup, dwarf and Taurens have an edge.  I think Tauren warriors have the best racial ability augments in the game.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

race dont mather!are you tired of that annoying troll sound ,are you tired of that false looking tauren as a paladin!see what i mean?play all till level 5 to see the sound and move(okok deathnight wont be avail till 55 but still!the idea is you have to feel good about your char!might be you will love the (enter this:/silly)to ear some of the joke.are you annoyed by human but love the goblin nasty humor!are you more of a dwarf.yes some racial have importance (human,dwarf,orc)but on average they shouldnt affect your choice,nothing worst then a good player hating the race he took because it doesnt reflect his or her personality.sdont sweat it at end game we are all in fireland horde and ally alike.once you chosen the race you favor after that take the time to chose the class that reflect your temper.are you more of a temple of truth and stand against anything thrown at you at school or work.more of a backstabber(no dont answer the last most often think they are backstabber till they try to be a rogue.not ver y many player are rogue most are more like mage or warlock in style.but like i say try all class within your chosen race to level 5 .then make your mind.remember you ll live with this character for a long long time so make sure you like the style of the race and the style of the class!good choice in wow very good game since fireland was released.just wish server were better balanced aside from that love the daily pvpve

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Of the few different races i have played, think the human one ( cant remember name) but frees you up from holds/roots, is about the only one that i use much.

The others, eh, pretty much couldnt even tell you what they are on my guys:P But i am pretty much a casual player anymore as well.

• futnatusfutnatus Member Posts: 193

A Gnome ANYTHING!  Because it will just look plain hilariously awesome.

• chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990

I do not play anymore, but I was "there" at it's release.

The best race combo I belive, is Dwarf Rogue. Plainly for the Stoneform that removes bleed +++. It is just OP, especially in BG's and world PvP. I do not know how it is Arena, but that aint "MMO" to me, those 2v2 lame fights.

Make us care MORE about our faction & world pvp!