Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's Play Guild Wars

BaconJA89BaconJA89 Member Posts: 118

Anyone interested in playing the original Guild Wars to get caught up on storyline and lore before Guild Wars 2 launches?  There's also a special promotion called the Hall of Monuments where by unlocking titles and achievements in the original Guild Wars, you can get special items and titles in Guild Wars 2.

Linkage: http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/hall-of-monuments/

Thought I would pass it along, since this will be the only game I will be playing until Guild Wars 2 comes out.

Comments

• BaconJA89BaconJA89 Member Posts: 118

Oh and by the way, you can get all three campaigns plus the expansion that contains the Hall of Monuments for a total of $50 on the NC Store.

Linkage: https://secure.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/Store.pl?dnv=8629142516&action=toggleCategory&category=4

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

No offense, but this is pretty old news.  In fact its so old that it came with the EotN expansion.  Also, its more than a promotion as they have stated that as long as GW1 is running you can keep earning HoM rewards for your GW2 characters no matter if GW2 is out yet or not.

• BaconJA89BaconJA89 Member Posts: 118

I know it is old news, but I am not sure a lot of Guild Wars 2 fans know about it.  I just found out about it about two weeks ago.

• mafia514mafia514 Member Posts: 148

Originally posted by BaconJA89

Oh and by the way, you can get all three campaigns plus the expansion that contains the Hall of Monuments for a total of $50 on the NC Store.

Linkage: https://secure.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/Store.pl?dnv=8629142516&action=toggleCategory&category=4

You can buy it for less than 55$ just go to offgamers website triolgy cost about 27$ + eotn for 7$ or so thats about 35$

Edit: after going there it cost about 27$ all game so yeah heres the link http://www.offgamers.com/guild-wars/gw/guild-wars-cd-key-c-4149-1401-1430.ogm

• Chaotic16Chaotic16 Member Posts: 116

I'd be interested in playing wit'cha, Bacon; I just started Guild Wars back up again (though since I just started I am still trying to figure out how to play my necro again). Send me a private message of your in-game name and I'll hit you up. 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JonsusJonsus Member UncommonPosts: 175

I made a Paragon and have been working my way through the Nightfall expansion and EotN so as to do some of the unlocking for GW2. I had forgotten how incredibly challenging some of the original Guild Wars could be, and honestly, its refreshing. Too many games nowadays are permanently stuck on EZmode. I like having to think my way through a difficult encounter.

So far ive unlocked 2 of the HoM tapestries, and have 4/50 points unlocked for new GW2 stuff (ill have 6 or 7 once I unlock a third tapestry :D)

EDIT: Its gonna take a bloody long time to get most of the unlocks, but meh, GW2 isnt showing up until next year, so time I have :)

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

OK I am in.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

I started playing Guild Wars again after a very long break and I am hooked again. I started grinding for 50/50 :P I would join you guys but I don't think I can go through the original campaign again, especially on normal mode..... I've done it like 10 times now me thinks :D

Originally posted by Jonsus

I made a Paragon and have been working my way through the Nightfall expansion and EotN so as to do some of the unlocking for GW2. I had forgotten how incredibly challenging some of the original Guild Wars could be, and honestly, its refreshing. Too many games nowadays are permanently stuck on EZmode. I like having to think my way through a difficult encounter.

So far ive unlocked 2 of the HoM tapestries, and have 4/50 points unlocked for new GW2 stuff (ill have 6 or 7 once I unlock a third tapestry :D)

EDIT: Its gonna take a bloody long time to get most of the unlocks, but meh, GW2 isnt showing up until next year, so time I have :)

Wait till you try hard mode and the elite missions. Even farming in GW is actually fun as the threat of you dying is very real and you need to get a proper build and then learn how to play that build :P

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• Chaotic16Chaotic16 Member Posts: 116

I've started up again recently, and am currently trying to quest up some Kurzick points to continue the primary quests. My in-game name is Koujira White. Send me a friendie if anyone wants to jam.

• 4getting20094getting2009 Member UncommonPosts: 178

I am seriously pondering picking up the series. May look you folks up.

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

Just to chime in, for those that haven't played it... its really one of the best games ever. I can't play ATM but I just wanted to let people know =)

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• HaidranHaidran Member Posts: 7

I started a few months ago and have been working on it casually.  Finished EotN/Nightfall/Factions but am working on prophecies and HM of the others if anyone wants to join, always more fun then the mostly solo game it has been haha.

Message Caito Sicarius ingame (paragon)

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Originally posted by EndDream

Just to chime in, for those that haven't played it... its really one of the best games ever. I can't play ATM but I just wanted to let people know =)

Seconded. The game is amazing and I definitely got my money's worth over the 5-6 years I've played it :)

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• 4getting20094getting2009 Member UncommonPosts: 178

Picked it up. Locked out of the game the next day. Says it does not recognize my credentials. Reset my pwd with no result. Now waiting on support. Le Sigh.

• SyncrosonixSyncrosonix Member Posts: 341

i've recently re-installed it. once i hopped back into the game, i noticed i had a bunch of birthday presents for all my toons. my 130hp solo farming and pvp dervish/monk had a 4 year b-day present in its inventory. it ended up being a miniature charr statue. 

i was running round the lands of kryta for a good chunk of yesterday. it seems mesmers no longer use shatter enchantment, which is a great thing because my toon relies heavily on enchants. they used to cast that shit like no tomorrow. it'd kill me after one shot. my dervish/monk is hampered severely in the lands where eye of the north is. however, i could solo a couple of fire avatars. it was difficult, but not impossible. i wonder how that toon of mine would hang after a couple years of dormancy.

anyway, if any of you want to run around, do some pvp, or whatever, shoot me an in-game message. my primary toon is jayna swift. just know that she's mainly a solo farming build. after dying a few times, i won't be able to be resurrected since my health will be negative.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

I've finally got my God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals title, it 'only' took me 1000 hours of gameplay. Also I got 10 points remaining in HoM to get and it won't be easy.

I need 15 miniatures ( I buy 4 and 5 year minis so you can pm me to sell), 80 z-key (I need around 40 hours of PvP), 7 elite weapons (a several DoA runs and lots of 'wanted' quests) and in the end the almighty Obsidian Armor, which represents the main problem for me, since I don't like to farm a lot. But hopefully I'll get all these until gw2 comes out :)

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

Believe it or not but the main reason i stopped playing it (after i had played it at launch for 4 months and now tried it again)

is the limited inventory space that  screws up my gameplay only a few hours into the starting areas...No matter how hard i tried there is no inventory to buy OR craft at the first areas...And the space fills up so fast. it made it frustrating...

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

i've never had that problem.... you can buy it from merchant after the searing. In presearing ascalon only way to get more space is getting a charr bag as a drop from charr bosses.

• khamul787khamul787 Member UncommonPosts: 193

I've been playing GW since beta, and it's been my MMO home since then. As one of my favorite games of all time, I've put thousands of hours into my account, though sadly enough, I'm somewhat casual, so I haven't actually achieved terribly much... :(

At the moment, I think I've got 22/50 in the HoM, with a nother 6 points lined up (Zaishen, Lucky, Unlucky, my Kurz armor, and my Norn armor), so I'm doing well there.

If you wanna do pretty much anything, my in-game name is Bast Deathshot and I'm a pretty decent player :D

• lol0010lol0010 Member Posts: 36

Hello, For the people that are looking to play Guild Wars till GW2 comes out! Hit me up in game! I host a guild just for waiting for GW2! We have a vent..and our community is backed up by a gaming community! We are small since we just started but will grow bigger since more people are getting into the game! The guild Is called Tyria Prophets! I know the name sounds kind of unoriginal..but thats basically why the guild was made..For we will tell the future of the story of Guild Wars! So Hit me up in GW. The character I play is San Lorus..I just started the guild recently and still trying to figure some things out! But my goal is to help the community! And we will Start Strong in GW2! :) Ty and cya in game :)

• SyncrosonixSyncrosonix Member Posts: 341

my 130hp dervish/monk build isn't very viable anymore. it was great for pvp and solo farming a few years ago. i've tried farming the hidden djinn city and would encounter nasty lag spikes or some bullshit mesmers who'd cast shatter enchant, killing me instantly.  those roaring ethers are fucking cheap, too! the places where i didn't encounter mass amounts of bullshit left me with an empty feeling since the drop rates have become so low for certain rare commodities. now i'm left trying to reconfigure my skillset with the dervish/monk. i get slaughtered in the northern shiverpeaks. {=o(

• KillHurtKillHurt Member Posts: 347

I'm staring up a new character, but would really enjoy some company and a friend to play with. I role-play, but that is definitely not a must. Have been playing GW for a little over 2 years, so I know the ins and outs (so if you are a new player, I do not mind helping you with what I can). 

Please contact me on here and we can set up a time to start playing together! :)

• kreakrea Member UncommonPosts: 237

While i realy liked their pvp systems , i hated the mmo part of the game and it did feel to much restricted . Little things realy did irritate me in the passed on guildwars like you cannot go even a little bit of the path you are walking or no jumping or walking over a little ledge maybe its just me but never could get over it even if the core of game was decent . Hoping for guildwars 2 seems alot better on paper so far and more like a mmo where you can go where you want etc.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

I might reinstall later today actually. I own the trilogy, but I don't have EOTN.

Hopefully that doesn't hold me back too much.