Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will Diablo 3 release affect wether or not you buy GW2?

Comments

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

No.

I will  buy Guild Wars 2....and most probably Diablo3 too....when it gets a little cheaper ^^

• Short-StrawShort-Straw Member Posts: 422

Nope, some companies never get cash from me, Blizzard and Walmart.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

I will be purchasing D3, GW2 and Skyrim regardless of how close the releases are, or aren't.

My wife will most likely give me BF3 and MW3 for christmas :P

• anthonypenaanthonypena Member Posts: 131

I will play both i dont see the problem being a ex d2 fanboy:)

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

I think i'm going to run a study!

I'll start 3 threads:

1) Uses the letters WoW in the title

2) Uses the letters EVE in the title

3) Uses GW2 in the title

And see which gets more replies.  It seems like every thread related to GW2, WoW, or EVE no matter the topic gets spammed all to hell!

Personally, DIablo 2 was awesome and I played the crap out of it... Not sure if Diablo 3 unless vastly different will grab me in the same way.  Guild Wars 1 was terrible.  I hated the skill system, would rather play MGT cards and build decks that way than build "decks" with limited skill selects in Guild Wars style game. 

I think Guild Wards should have been a console title as it was limited in a way that would fit consoles well.  PC gamers have a bajillion buttons on the keyboard and a mouse to control the screen quickly and accurately!  Don't limit us!

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

I will buy both games because I am not cheap!

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

In no way whatsoever. I'll be playing GW2 at release and everything else will just have to wait. The only game that will make me miss some GW2 time is Kingdoms of Amalur.

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809

I have no interest in GW2 , so no, it will not effect me one bit. :)

• UzlebUzleb Member Posts: 162

The release of D3 will not effect my purchase of GW2.

D3 is out of my system, just go play Torchlight,http://www.torchlightgame.com/ it has many of the same art and music team and they have just finished or are just finishing the Multiplayer version.

After leaving Blizzard and starting up ArenaNet, GW's  team is the shizzle. 

All the magic is gone from Blizzard, they just want your money not your loyalties

ArenaNet is best at making a good game.

Blizzard is best at faking a good game.

• SerenexSerenex Member UncommonPosts: 126

Originally posted by Zeppelin4

I have no interest in GW2 , so no, it will not effect me one bit. :)

what interest do you have in?

• XenOshadeXenOshade Member UncommonPosts: 95

Negative.... I have been waiting to long to skip either of these games. Seriously I have avoided spending money that I knew I could, because when these two games come out there will be no excuses. I will own both D3 and GW2

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

no game has ever made me NOT want to buy different game

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Originally posted by Nadia

no game has ever made me NOT want to buy different game

This.

Did Halo Reach stop someone from purchasing The Witcher 2?

• luciusETRURluciusETRUR Member Posts: 442

I think I'm done with Activision games... I'll play Guild Wars 2.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

No, I will play both.  Two totally different games and two totally different worlds.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• xTalenTxTalenT Member Posts: 29

Never had an interest in the Diablo series. GW2 all the way.

• dannydeucedannydeuce Member Posts: 310

I find it funny people think they are totally unrelated.  With that said, D3 would affect my purchase of GW2 since I have been looking forward to another Diablo for about a decade.  Still would like to play gw2, but d3 takes the cake for me.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

GW2 doesnt require a subscription, so anyone who is interested in both D3 and GW2, will buy both eventually. So no, I dont think it'll affect GW2.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

Originally posted by Aison2

also torchlight >diablo

Sadly, this. I LOVED D1 and D2 but after playing Torchlight and from what we've seen previewed of D3, Torchlight 2 is higher on my want list than D3.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• KillyoxKillyox Member CommonPosts: 424

I'm a huge fan of diablo but there is no way in hell possibility tat itll influence purchase of GW2. Ill get both.

Also, torchlight 1 was imo crap, dunno much about T2 but im positive that d3>t2 due to bnet and other things.

• sloebersloeber Member UncommonPosts: 504

i must agree with some people here....for me it will be D3 since gw2 is still not impressing me neither.

Dont get me wrong....it looks fine but just the looping of "dynamic" events dont seem to be THE next evolution (these dynamic events have been done in rift and people were not that impressed either) in gaming.

the only reason it will be big is because it will be free of fee imho :)

• Drekker17Drekker17 Member Posts: 296

For me it might. I'm not super hyped about either of them, so I will unlikely buy both. I don't spend as much on video games right now because I'm trying to buy rental property so I don't have to work so much.

"Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, and small minds talk about people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security." -Norman Vincent Peale

• MimzelMimzel Member UncommonPosts: 375

The topic of this thread isn't really all that inspiring, but I'll put in my 2 coppers:

Money is not the only thing that may force a player to choose one game over the other. For me, an even more important factor is time. I have limited play time (and attention span), so I will probably not get two games at the same time. I will usually try one first, and if it grabs me, Ill forget about the other for a while.

Some people in this thread object to comparing apples to oranges, and asking, rethorically, wether buying an apple will influence you also buying an orange. If I only have time (or taking this a bit far, I know, but look to the point) for 1 fruit per day, then yes - buying an apple will influence me to not buy an orange.

That's the general part. The specifics are that I dont like diablo style games. It feels too "arcady" with the top down view and everything else going on in fast succession. I just saw a youtube video of the d3 gameplay (demonhunter) and I wasn't impressed. But we are, as you all know, different kinds of players. SC2 is also not my cup of tea, but that's a huge success! 

And tbh I'm really sick of fantasy games. I'm a bit upset with myself, because all we mostly get in our mmorpg genre are more fantasy game releasing... I've seen enough of gw2 that I have decided to try it out - mostly due to desperation. The last video I saw (was 50 minutes of gameplay) really reminded me of how Rift looks and feels. I couldnt stand Rift, so I'm getting some bad vibes. But I'll hold my tongue (mostly;) untill after release.

• ArchidArchid Member UncommonPosts: 210

What a strange question... both games are so different and diablo 3 aint even fully mmorpg. So of course it wont affect!

the best way to kill a troll is to FLAME ON! ...or with acid...

• OkkinOkkin Member Posts: 4

No, it will not affect my decision. Blizzard announced & hyped D3 too much, too early (as usual) and I have just lost all interest in D3. So much in fact, I doubt i'll even get D3 until I can get it for under £10.

What will affect my decision on GW2, will be how cheap I can get a copy.