Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If Cryptic had made this game,,,

13»

Comments

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Originally posted by ktanner3

Originally posted by BlahTeeb

I think a better question is... If Cryptic created TOR, and it was exactly as we know it now, but branded with Cryptic... would you be interested?

Again, HELL NO. Cryptic has a reputation of lying to their customers about what will be in their games. Someone on the STO forums actually posted their pre-launch lies point by point. There were too many to count. Cryptic wouldn't actually be showing you all the mechanics that Bioware has shown with TOR. You would get a lot of boasting with nothing to back it up. Those of us here that have already been down that road with Cryptic would be here reminding folks of that. 

That is a fair question. I can say for me, that yea, TOR has a feeling of being a good game so far. I would not be AS interested, but the overall game would still peek me.

I think it's fair to say that the BioWare tag is helping to sell the game a bit. To say otherwise is almost denial.

I don't believe anyone has denied that Bioware's reputation in the gaming industry has helped sell this game. That's the spoils Bioware has earned through years of making good games. Until Bioware pulls a SOE/Cryptic and welches on promised features and releases crappy games they will continue to get the benefit of the doubt. 

Dragon Age 2 says hello

Fortunately for us, RPG fans, it was a exception and not the rule =P

But yeah, Bioware have a nice reputation until now

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• slprslpr Member Posts: 340

Originally posted by dinams

Originally posted by ktanner3

Originally posted by BlahTeeb

I think a better question is... If Cryptic created TOR, and it was exactly as we know it now, but branded with Cryptic... would you be interested?

Again, HELL NO. Cryptic has a reputation of lying to their customers about what will be in their games. Someone on the STO forums actually posted their pre-launch lies point by point. There were too many to count. Cryptic wouldn't actually be showing you all the mechanics that Bioware has shown with TOR. You would get a lot of boasting with nothing to back it up. Those of us here that have already been down that road with Cryptic would be here reminding folks of that. 

That is a fair question. I can say for me, that yea, TOR has a feeling of being a good game so far. I would not be AS interested, but the overall game would still peek me.

I think it's fair to say that the BioWare tag is helping to sell the game a bit. To say otherwise is almost denial.

I don't believe anyone has denied that Bioware's reputation in the gaming industry has helped sell this game. That's the spoils Bioware has earned through years of making good games. Until Bioware pulls a SOE/Cryptic and welches on promised features and releases crappy games they will continue to get the benefit of the doubt. 

Dragon Age 2 says hello

DA2 is a good game, it's not Bioware best work for sure, but it's still a good game and no one can deny that.

Bioware is one of the best companies on the market despite what others might tell. There is a reason why there's so much hype around SWTOR and it isn't only Star Wars for sure.

• EerazerEerazer Member Posts: 140

Dragon Age 2 says hello

there is nothing wrong with dragon age 2, it was an action rpg, and some people didnt like that. its as simple as that.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Originally posted by Eerazer

Dragon Age 2 says hello

there is nothing wrong with dragon age 2, it was an bad action rpg, and some people didnt like that. its as simple as that.

fixed for ya

A good action rpg would be the witcher 2

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

fixed for ya

Opinions are like...

Yes Witcher 2 is good, DA 2 was good as well. Not everyone likes the same things. Get off your high horse and realize that just because you have an opinion it doesn't make it correct, nor is it the only opinion on the subject under discussion.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Originally posted by GMan3

I have nothing against Cryptic myself, but I also do not have a lot of faith in there ability to make an MMO that I can like.  So far they are at a zero percentage for me. 

I do have to say though, you come accross as rather ill informed on this game if you think BioWare could have save 100 million on this game by using a Cryptic Engine.  Especially since the last figures on the cost for this game I saw was 80 - 120 million (USD).

He must have missed that post pretty much making his argument null and void.

There Is Always Hope!

• stevengwstevengw Member Posts: 53

If cryptic had made this it would be a buggy disaster!

• Hendo0069Hendo0069 Member Posts: 213

Dragon Age 2 says hello

there is nothing wrong with dragon age 2, it was an bad action rpg, and some people didnt like that. its as simple as that.

fixed for ya

I actually found the combat way more fun in DA2.

TW2 combat felt clunky and unresponsive at times.

Funny thing about opinions.... :D

• Dragon71UKDragon71UK Member Posts: 86

Dragon Age 2 says hello

there is nothing wrong with dragon age 2, it was an action rpg, and some people didnt like that. its as simple as that.

I have a feeling that DA2 was proberably made by a small team, or another team than normal due to them making SWTOR. Had they not been, I think DA2 would have been a lot better!

Played WOW (5 years), AOC, AO, EQ2,AC2, Horizons, Saga of Ryzom, SWG, CO, STO(Beta),ROM, Allods, and many other F2P titles. Asl been in beta for many of the main titles and played countless SP games. I have been gaming for 15+ years!

• Crasney1988Crasney1988 Member Posts: 10

Thats a b*llsh*t question because cryptic can't think and create a game like BW

If so they would alrdy ( thinking otherwise is not almost but just plain denial.)