Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pay to win

ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Love when someone who uses gold rounds tries to talk trash and act like they are so good :P

Guess this goes for any game that you can pay extra to win.

PS I love World of Tanks and most players are fine but every now and then you meet a real winner who tries to ruin it for everyone with their asshattery

Comments

• jihashijihashi Member Posts: 136

Agreed, sadly enough, it's the 12 year olds that raid daddy's wallet to buy that gold ammo that trashes a decent game. I say decent because, let's face it... There is zero balance at all, and unless you get a premium account, it starts costing you a heavy amount of credits after tier five.

• glofishglofish Member UncommonPosts: 346

I did not find that gold ammo would have turned battles, or that it is worth using in random battles - a lot depends on your teammates anyhow - thus I stopped using way even when it cost 1  gold

{mod edit}

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Even with gold rounds you got to know what you are doing.  It is just that they are practically auto-penetrate that makes them sad at times.

Still I recommend World of Tanks highly to anyone who likes PvP :)  fun fun game

• veratutazzveratutazz Member UncommonPosts: 136

I would not characterize gold ammo as auto-penetrate. period.

My clan always uses all gold ammo in clan war matches. Are there less ritcochets, ect? certainly I am sure. But is it anywhere near zero %? absolutely not.

• Deathwing980Deathwing980 Member UncommonPosts: 80

I would play world of tanks but i have to say i am very pissed that they treated their Alpha/Closed Beta testers like crap, we had so much feedback given to them and what do they do in exchange for it all? They rip our throats out and have us pay real money to set up a squad to play with friends and make us pay more to get what we spent nearly 500 hours to earn in the first place without any compensation...

I got aggiated to see that my Maus i had earned was gone and i had no compensation of Gold or EXP to get it back, i had to start from scratch again and what really got me to stop playing the game was the fact that they wanted nearly 90 USD to even get a starting setup going for players who actually liked the game...

90 USD for A TANK!!! and about 4k in GOLD.... mind you 90 USD would get me a year and a half subby in EVE if i wanted to...

badmove on their part.... just a bad move...

• jihashijihashi Member Posts: 136

I feel your pain on that Death. That cheesy "gift" tank they gave us never even made up for the loss of the tier tens we had all worked hard for. It felt like a kick in the teeth either way.

• comicazecomicaze Member Posts: 147

Originally posted by Deathwing980

I would play world of tanks but i have to say i am very pissed that they treated their Alpha/Closed Beta testers like crap, we had so much feedback given to them and what do they do in exchange for it all? They rip our throats out and have us pay real money to set up a squad to play with friends and make us pay more to get what we spent nearly 500 hours to earn in the first place without any compensation...

I got aggiated to see that my Maus i had earned was gone and i had no compensation of Gold or EXP to get it back, i had to start from scratch again and what really got me to stop playing the game was the fact that they wanted nearly 90 USD to even get a starting setup going for players who actually liked the game...

Are you complaining about the post beta wipe? Well, in absence of something more meaningful to bash the game for, it may fly.

90 USD for A TANK!!! and about 4k in GOLD.... mind you 90 USD would get me a year and a half subby in EVE if i wanted to...

badmove on their part.... just a bad move...

What kind of math is that? The new price of Lowe is 12,500 gold which is roughly $55. 1.5 year EVE subscription is near $200.

Excellent move actually, too many those sleek tin cans in each match.

• glofishglofish Member UncommonPosts: 346

Originally posted by Deathwing980

and have us pay real money to set up a squad to play with friends and make us pay more to get what we spent nearly 500 hours to earn in the first place without any compensation...

Wasn't your a voluntary participation - and did you not got compenstated by  playing the game?
  • metal0xmetal0x Member UncommonPosts: 72

After I bought the tiger1 tank and found out that it sucked big time I quit this game in beta. Huge imbalance in tanks/sides that favor russain side at that time in beta.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

meh i play in the rank 1-3 areas (better tank balance) never used gold rounds save once in CB and meh the tank really didnt do much better with standard pen vs gold pen rounds :/ the gold tanks are good for money making as they generally dont cost anything to repair... but frankly they suck..

my T2 light can kill a german gold tank in tier 2 easy enough given my tank is 100% maxed out. gold tanks cant be upgraded (least not when i last used them in cb)

pay to win in WoT is kind of stupid even if you buy a maus you can be killed by f2per's using standard rounds. i watched it in cb a maus on my team went 1 vs 5 against a few T34s it died dispite its better stats they used standard rounds.

so gloating about buying gold in game is stupid IMO doesnt make you pro.. just means your shot has a little more punch then the other guy or your tank has abit more armor for your class/tier then other tanks you are fighting..

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

All I have to say is look at all the Lowe's running around now. However they have a week spot, shoot them in the rear.  Yes you can buy gold rounds good grief what a waist of money.  I have yet to buy anything using their store.  I tried but the store they were associated with did not like my credit card. 

So I been playing it for free.  I am still in a tier 6 tank ATM  I have 500k silver in the bank,  and its my only tank.  I'm 42 k away from the next tier of tiger.

However there are tons of folks buying the tanks, the ammo, the gold, and all the extra stuff you can convert gold into silver for.

Yes it kind of is play to win but some days I feel the need to blow somebody else up and then talk smack to them,  not like killing a lowe and having them gripe about it for the rest of the match, then go back to your garage and have a hateful tell from them.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

Originally posted by erictlewis

All I have to say is look at all the Lowe's running around now. However they have a week spot, shoot them in the rear.  Yes you can buy gold rounds good grief what a waist of money.  I have yet to buy anything using their store.  I tried but the store they were associated with did not like my credit card. 

So I been playing it for free.  I am still in a tier 6 tank ATM  I have 500k silver in the bank,  and its my only tank.  I'm 42 k away from the next tier of tiger.

However there are tons of folks buying the tanks, the ammo, the gold, and all the extra stuff you can convert gold into silver for.

Yes it kind of is play to win but some days I feel the need to blow somebody else up and then talk smack to them,  not like killing a lowe and having them gripe about it for the rest of the match, then go back to your garage and have a hateful tell from them.

lolol all tanks are weak in the rear. face to face it actually wiser i find to shoot at the turret/turret ring. you might disable the turret/gunner or set off their ammo. 

but ya gold rounds are waste for random matches the bonuse they have really isnt that great for the cost. 

in my CBing all i found worth buying is buyable with ingame money.. which is the gun rammer and a few odds and ends to boost gun speed or reloading. the rest is just extra spit and polish you dont really need to "be good"

T1-T3 is loaded with the german gold tanks as they are the best for armor rating in that tier but meh they die all the same lol

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Shoot Lowes in the front of turret, just under their gun, you will pen them A LOT there.

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

Lack of balance and the whole pay-to-win thing (I've got nothing but the deepest contempt for wallet-warriors) isn't going to make this company liked (or loved) in the long run. I don't see their reputation (if that even matters anymore) doing anything but going down. I like the idea of this game, but the implementation leaves alot to be desired. And of course now they're working on their new game, so there doesn't seem any serious interest in improving what they already have, beyond throwing the occasional new map out there to keep the money coming in.

• comicazecomicaze Member Posts: 147

Originally posted by saker

and the whole pay-to-win thing

here we go again.

who all those people?

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

Originally posted by comicaze

Originally posted by saker
    and the whole pay-to-win thing
    here we go again.

who all those people?

probably you