Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Since 1.3 game keeps crashing for many players.

GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

About patch 1.3 .

the official RIFT forums are full of postings about how often Rift is crashing to desktop or even the whole computer but TRION officials are ignoreing it.

They receive hundreds of "error messages" but no word from any mod or developer.

So here is an importand message for all that have the crash 

Its not your computer ! Its the game ... Dont waste hours trying to find a solution by using other drivers or optimize your computer. Wait for a Fix.

Comments

• DoktorTeufelDoktorTeufel Member UncommonPosts: 413

Yep, I crash fairly frequently now. Fortunately, I can get back in in about 30 seconds the way they have that set up, so it's not too bad.

Currently Playing: EVE Online
    Retired From: UO, FFXI, AO, SWG, Ryzom, GW, WoW, WAR

• marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334

me and no1 from our guild have problem like this o.O and we are bunch of nolifers... we are online since patch was up :P

did u tested set DEP{Data Execution Prevention} in windows? I mean: "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select" :P

• ThamorisThamoris Member UncommonPosts: 686

Me and several of my guild mates are having the same issue.

I don't think Trion is completely ignoring it though. Trion has made bugs and customer service a top priority since day one. There is no reason to believe anything has changed. They will fix it as soon as they can fix it.

Mmo's are extremely complicated pieces of software, if it takes awhile to fix something, I tend to think it's because it's not easy to fix. That is my first though..not " Trion is ignoring it's players".

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

this game is just broken...... 2 hotfixes since 1.3 and people are still crashing 2x per hour 

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

I'm not havin a problem crashing but defiantly with latency.. All though i think its my internet as it started happening days before 1.3 came out.

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• Matt_UKMatt_UK Member Posts: 420

I crashed two or three times after 1.3, but since yesterday's patch i've had no problems. So it looks like Trion have sorted it.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

I just played the game for like 9 hours today.

No crashing.

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

I haven't crashed once since 1.3

• darkcircuitdarkcircuit Member Posts: 211

No problems with crashing in over a week of play, had some latency issues on Steampike last night, but that's it

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553

I started crashing once a day since the 1.3 patch.  A lot of guild mates are crashing too.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Originally posted by boojiboy

I started crashing once a day since the 1.3 patch.  A lot of guild mates are crashing too.

Running 64 bit Windows 7? I am crashing a lot as well. 

Well it's official.. Rift is unplayable for me.. I can't even log in for more then 30seconds without the game disconnecting me.. I did a tracert for the technical support and found out that it has something to do with their server or my ISP, some of their lines were at 200+ms another with a astrix..

They've moved my technical support issue up to "Tier 3" whatever the hell that is.. It's been pretty bad this past week but since last night it's just crashed over and over i havn't been able to get more then 5mins of gameplay.. I'am gonna give it a week then it's time to unsub.. I won't pay for a game i can't even play.

Ugh.. This game ran SOOOO perfectly until these last few hotfixes/1.3.

Currently Playing:

• dj525dj525 Member Posts: 39

No crashing for me but I do see lag and lots of it.

Originally posted by Hellfyre420

Well it's official.. Rift is unplayable for me.. I can't even log in for more then 30seconds without the game disconnecting me.. I did a tracert for the technical support and found out that it has something to do with their server or my ISP, some of their lines were at 200+ms another with a astrix..

They've moved my technical support issue up to "Tier 3" whatever the hell that is.. It's been pretty bad this past week but since last night it's just crashed over and over i havn't been able to get more then 5mins of gameplay.. I'am gonna give it a week then it's time to unsub.. I won't pay for a game i can't even play.

Yeah, that is what makes the crashes so annoying. I will cancel my sub if this level of crashing keeps up.  

Originally posted by catlana

Yeah, that is what makes the crashes so annoying. I will cancel my sub if this level of crashing keeps up.  

I just canceled mine.. If it gets fixed before the 17th (when my active sub runs out) then i won't mind subbing again but i doubt it.. This is something that started with 1.3 and the hot fixes have just made it worse.. Whatever it is Trion is not responding to players in their forums about it or nothing.. I've seen this happen on MMO's before, and whenever a companie dosn't respond or aknowledge something like this then it's always a long wait to get it fixed..

I've been waiting on their customer support for days now and nothing.. I actually had my neighbor come over and work on my wireless last night and got it up in speed; hoping this would work to make Rift run better but still right when i log it crashes or disconnects me constantly..

One thing i noticed is when logging into the game my load bar get's stuck on 9% a lot; does this happen with anyone else?

Anyways.. I hope they can fix this before my sub is out because i REALLY like this game.. But i refuse to pay for something that dosn't even work; especially when that something worked FLAWLESSLY for months up until a certain update was added.. I'am letting Trion know im serious; they will lose a player that's been with them since beta (and im sure many other players too) if they don't address this.

Currently Playing:

Originally posted by catlana

I just canceled mine.. If it gets fixed before the 17th (when my active sub runs out) then i won't mind subbing again but i doubt it.. This is something that started with 1.3 and the hot fixes have just made it worse.. Whatever it is Trion is not responding to players in their forums about it or nothing.. I've seen this happen on MMO's before, and whenever a companie dosn't respond or aknowledge something like this then it's always a long wait to get it fixed..

I've been waiting on their customer support for days now and nothing.. I actually had my neighbor come over and work on my wireless last night and got it up in speed; hoping this would work to make Rift run better but still right when i log it crashes or disconnects me constantly..

One thing i noticed is when logging into the game my load bar get's stuck on 9% a lot; does this happen with anyone else?

Anyways.. I hope they can fix this before my sub is out because i REALLY like this game.. But i refuse to pay for something that dosn't even work; especially when that something worked FLAWLESSLY for months up until a certain update was added.. I'am letting Trion know im serious; they will lose a player that's been with them since beta (and im sure many other players too) if they don't address this.

Rather than fight with Rift, I fired up the new free to play AoC. I had a good time pvping on my old DT & ToS. I really want Trion to fix this because I really have enjoyed Rift so far. 

Was so excited after the update i was able to run perfect for about 20mins.. Then as soon as the masses logged back in and i was sitting in the middle of sanctum it just got so laggy and boom d/c'd me again every 2mins.. lol

Oh well.. Rift had a good run with me.. Guess ill jus wait for SWTOR patiently and play some console games or something.

Currently Playing:

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Whatever it is Trion is not responding to players in their forums about it or nothing.. I've seen this happen on MMO's before, and whenever a companie dosn't respond or aknowledge something like this then it's always a long wait to get it fixed..

True. I remember this in Warhammer when we were complaining about cast lag. Most of the people with the game said 'it's your comp/video card/connection, mine's fine'.

Mythic would let people savage each other on the forums over it in a verbal bloodbath, not saying a word. GMs were told not to ban people probably because they knew it was on their end, and they'd look silly when they finally had to admit it. I think that was about the only time you could post things without any type of real censorship.

When the one fan came up with the truth about 'Mythic Seconds', Mythic finally came out and started talking to people about it, and even addressed what the fan said was true with his findings.

You are dead right. When a company doesn't know how to fix something, they go silent mode until they at least can understand it. The first time they acknowledge it, the clock is ticking because they admit they know about it on this date. From them on, people keep a running tab on how long it takes to fully fix and devs don't like pressure.

Originally posted by popinjay

Whatever it is Trion is not responding to players in their forums about it or nothing.. I've seen this happen on MMO's before, and whenever a companie dosn't respond or aknowledge something like this then it's always a long wait to get it fixed..

True. I remember this in Warhammer when we were complaining about cast lag. Most of the people with the game said 'it's your comp/video card/connection, mine's fine'.

Mythic would let people savage each other on the forums over it in a verbal bloodbath, not saying a word. GMs were told not to ban people probably because they knew it was on their end, and they'd look silly when they finally had to admit it. I think that was about the only time you could post things without any type of real censorship.

When the one fan came up with the truth about 'Mythic Seconds', Mythic finally came out and started talking to people about it, and even addressed what the fan said was true with his findings.

You are dead right. When a company doesn't know how to fix something, they go silent mode until they at least can understand it. The first time they acknowledge it, the clock is ticking because they admit they know about it on this date. From them on, people keep a running tab on how long it takes to fully fix and devs don't like pressure.

Well theres several threads on the tech forums regaurding Rifts performance issues since 1.3.. One thread is 60+pages long, another is 10+ pages, and a few 5page ones.. I linked all of them in my support ticket, doubt it'll do much but now atleast I know that they know that there's problems with this game and people are being vocal about it.. I've been getting the same generic responses asking the SAME questions i just answered the time before in my tech support account.. I doubt a real person is even reading/responding to them..

Whatever.. I feel like i've wasted this months sub money as this games gone to complete shit since 1.3 released.. Poppin, you know me, i LOVE rift i even defended it in several threads vrs you and a few others.. But i hate this game now, with a passion.. I've spent the better part of the last few weeks trying to fix this problem without any help/word from Trion and nothing has worked to keep me connected to the game for more then a few mins at a time.. I'd just prefer if they went back to the pre 1.3 build and scrapped this stupid peice of shit event so that people could go back to playing the game..

Whatever.. I unsubbed.. I got several friends to unsub.. Time to fire up EvE online and see what i've been missing.

Currently Playing:

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Originally posted by popinjay

Well theres several threads on the tech forums regaurding Rifts performance issues since 1.3.. One thread is 60+pages long, another is 10+ pages, and a few 5page ones.. I linked all of them in my support ticket, doubt it'll do much but now atleast I know that they know that there's problems with this game and people are being vocal about it.. I've been getting the same generic responses asking the SAME questions i just answered the time before in my tech support account.. I doubt a real person is even reading/responding to them..

Whatever.. I feel like i've wasted this months sub money as this games gone to complete shit since 1.3 released.. Poppin, you know me, i LOVE rift i even defended it in several threads vrs you and a few others.. But i hate this game now, with a passion.. I've spent the better part of the last few weeks trying to fix this problem without any help/word from Trion and nothing has worked to keep me connected to the game for more then a few mins at a time.. I'd just prefer if they went back to the pre 1.3 build and scrapped this stupid peice of shit event so that people could go back to playing the game..

Whatever.. I unsubbed.. I got several friends to unsub.. Time to fire up EvE online and see what i've been missing.

I still think it's this engine from Warhammer. I find it highly unlikely that a company like Trion that had it so polished in betas with FEW bugs and practically no lag could in a few short 3-4 months later have an issue that so many are complaining about. I don't think their devs all of a sudden got Alzheimer's and don't know how to code.

I think this Gamebryo engine is something wrong with it's core, and when a company tries to make NEW content on the fly like Trion is basically now, it takes too much time/effort to try and finetune it.

In beta they had nothing but time because they only let people play for one weekend, then shut down the game for 3 weeks for fixes. This is real gametime now so they don't have that kind of leisure time to stress test these new things.