Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is GW2 maining PVP?

2»

Comments

• megera23megera23 Member UncommonPosts: 239

Originally posted by caalem

Oh, huh. I was interested in this because of all the PvP in GW1, didn't realize it was a PvE game.

Interest suddenly lost.

Uhm, I would wait for Arenanet to start releasing PvP info, before jumping to conclusions, if I were you. I believe they were asked in an interview or something wether the game is PvE or PvP once. The answer was that the game will focus on both, and that the theory that a game can be only one of the two is just a myth. GW1 also had more PvE content than PvP content as a whole, but that doesn't mean the PvP wasn't worth it.

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376

I'm sure they wanna strike a balance between PvE and PvP. But 90% of my time will be spent in World v World.

• IzkimarIzkimar Member UncommonPosts: 568

Originally posted by caalem

Oh, huh. I was interested in this because of all the PvP in GW1, didn't realize it was a PvE game.

Interest suddenly lost.

Don't listen to the people posting on here saying PvP is a side focus in GW2.  It is totally not true, they understand PvP was a big part of GW1's success and it will be a big part in its sequel.  What people aren't thinking about is that PvE content is expendable, whereas PvP content doesn't need as much created because the players drive the content.  GW2 will be a very big PvP game, and it will be a very big PvE game, the devs have constantly asked why can't a game be equally good on both fronts?

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

According to recent post, blogs, and discussion devs have not backed down that PvP will be in the game. They have said many times one will be able to level by doing only PvP if one so chooses. They've also recently stated that PvP will be meaningful, and even low level players will contribute. I doubt they would have said all this if PvP was not a focus. Obviously, there is not a ton of info, but there is some.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_versus_World