Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who will play

2»

Comments

• CrazylikeCrazylike Member CommonPosts: 89

Since I already own a PS3, I will be looking out for this game and make up my mind later. Having played EvE for many years I dont have doubts that it will be a good game with interesting content. Curious as to how it will connect to EvE though (we only know basic stuff yet).

• Roche7Roche7 Member Posts: 89

If the game is any good I will buy it. Planetside had some serious problems (SOE being a major one) but with all that it still had a "feel" that other FPS games just don't recreate.

I am also becoming a fan of console gaming again so that helps. Plus my couch is more comfortable then any chiar will ever be and I can't setup a PC to game on my TV.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Isn't D514 going to be semi F2P? I thought I read that somewhere. ANyway given that (if true) and considering I own a PS3 I'll definitely give it  a shot, even if it means a small fee upfront.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Zlayer77Zlayer77 Member Posts: 826

There are just to many variables that can break the game. I dont own a ps3.. and it feels we are not so many years away from a new xbox and a new playstaion generation. So not worth the cost to buy a second consol just to play dust 514. I personaly also think that the Consol market has alot of REALY solid shooters (COD, Battlefield series, Gears of War, Boardlands, Halo and many many others). If this game isent superior to these games or atlest on par with them it will fail. Tying it into EvE wont be enough too Interest the general FPS crowed. The actuall gameplay is all they are looking at, and if that is subpar, or underwhelming they wont pick up this title. FPS are about instant gratification, most of them have little to no Interest in Epen, or using real cash shops for items. And if there are other better shooters were you dont have to put in more money to stay competative, Well then its just good night Dust 514.

RISK factors that will break the game

1. Only One consol exclusive (lol retard move)

2. Not enough people playing ( small numbers hard to find games, people get feed up in kues = dead game) due to high competion in the consol FPS shooter Nich, this his higly likly to happen.

3. Cash shop (RMT) Consol players and FPS players are not like MMO players, EPEN and Unbalanced items for CASH is INSTA DEATH BLOW for this title... sorry but its true

4. One trick pony, If the only thing that sets this title appart is that it tied into the EvE universe it will fail. FPS players want Balanced instant action, the tied into the EvE universe will not be enough of a gimmick to make them pick up this title over the next, battlefield, COD etc

5. CCP is living in la la land. The fact is that what makes EVE still financially successful is not the GOOD game play, but the fact that its the last Big sandbox out there. They also have good comunication with their subscribers. And when you have invested years of SP training its hard to just quit. The hard truth is that EVE needs a shitload of work or it will die in time. Subscriptions have allready stagnated and I predict it will start declining next year. The EvE comunity is getting really old IRL, many of us have allready past the 30 something number. Finding anyone that is under the age of 20 is a rare thing. IRL comitments will slowly force more and more of us to cut down on our gameplay time. If we cant attract the younger audiance the game has no chans of surviving the comming decade....

I could have told CCP that the Nex(RMT shit) store was a bad idea 2 years ago. And making such an underdeveloped WIS (walking in stations) was just sad. It just pushed the hole comunity against them...

CCP is also the Masters of abandoned fetures, fixing shit is not something they are good at. They just leave it at the way side making EvE (though it still can be a fun game) a weastland of broken developement ideas that never got finished or fixed. To name a few, broken bounty system, failed Fraction warfare system, abandoned Durg manafacturing and unblanced game play to just name  a few. But they have a die hard, heavly invested subscriber crowed that are old enough to stick with them and tolerate a lot of shit that other MMO players would not. 

Sadly I think it will come as a COLD BRUTAL CHOCK to them when the FPS consol crowed just rejects their game. After trashing it to the ground and spitting it out like trash....

Im an EvE player, I like what EvE IS and what it has the potential to bee, but even I understand that there is no way in Hell that CCP can pull off a polished, competative shooter (in the current competative consol market), their just not good enough too do it. IM SORRY CCP....

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Im keeping an eye on it..

just knowing that its a shooter means its going to be a hell of a lot more fun than Eve.

• farfanugonfarfanugon Member Posts: 419

It looks just Odd nuff to give it a try,

• Drekker17Drekker17 Member Posts: 296

Well I have a ps3 so I might get it, though I heard it might got on PS Vita, so maybe I'll get it for that instead as all the other FPS known to come out for psv soon are not scifi. <--It would be smart for CCP to try to get it out for PSV as soon as possible because absence of any other scifi shooter early on may make more people buy Dust than otherwise.

"Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, and small minds talk about people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security." -Norman Vincent Peale

• BonsRinbBonsRinb Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by elocke

Already own a PS3 so yeah, this is a definite BUY for me.  All you PC gripers need to stop, they never said it would NEVER come out on PC.  It's just going to launch solely on PS3.  FFXI took years to get on Xbox, but it happened.  So stop whining.

good one.... 

myself i have bought PS3 on black friday for Dust514

Originally posted by xeniar

I think evryone issn't thinking at the right track with the pc vs console talk.

CCP does not want you to play either EVE or Dust. They want you to play EVE and drag in ps3 players into that same universe trough Dust.

what he said....

Originally posted by RefMinor

Not sure why Eve players don't get it, CCP don't want you to make a choice between Eve and Dust, they want a whole new Market that doesn't leech away the Eve players.

i do man... i been preaching this messege too

• AzariaAzaria Member Posts: 318

I wont the sooner they quit making this garbage the sooner they can put people BACK to work on World Of Darkness which would be coming out 2012 but because of this game I wont see it for at least 3 years from now, if it's not already vaporware. 

• BassmanJBassmanJ Member Posts: 25
    I will play. A good shooter with a reason to hang around after a month?(other then "map packs") yeah ill be on. Find me a good group to run with, should be a blast.
  • MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Will be trying it out for sure. Sick and tired of theme park pc mmos. Time to give something new and fresh a try.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/