Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone know the min specs for Diablo III?

MajesticoMajestico Member UncommonPosts: 481

I'm just returning to the gaming scene after a long sabbatical.  One of the games I have been looking forward to playing for a while now is Diablo 3.  I'm not the wisest when it comes to computer scpecifications and so I am looking for some advice.

This computer is different to my old one, and it does not have the best specs.  Like I say, I'm really keen to play D3 having been a huge fan of the first two games, but I am worried in case this pc will not be able to run them.  My specs are a dual-core, 2.8ghz processor, with 2 meg of ram.  Not sure what kind of graphic card there is.  Hard drive space is not a concern.

I've tried to find out from the D3 web-site what the miniumum specifications will be, but I've not been able to find out any info.

Any advice on this would be welcome.

Comments

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

As far I know Blizzard and read some info they will be set on making sure that system specs will be able to run on low end machine's: http://gamingtips.org.uk/gamingnews/101678/blizzard-speaks-on-diablo-iii-system-requirements

Don't think you need to worry to much about Blizzard games, unless you might want to try their games with a pre-windows 98 system, which you have shown not to have, so no worries. image

And a decent card doesn't cost nearly as much as they used to, obviously depending on what type of card and system you want.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Originally posted by Majestico

I'm just returning to the gaming scene after a long sabbatical.  One of the games I have been looking forward to playing for a while now is Diablo 3.  I'm not the wisest when it comes to computer scpecifications and so I am looking for some advice.

This computer is different to my old one, and it does not have the best specs.  Like I say, I'm really keen to play D3 having been a huge fan of the first two games, but I am worried in case this pc will not be able to run them.  My specs are a dual-core, 2.8ghz processor, with 2 meg of ram.  Not sure what kind of graphic card there is.  Hard drive space is not a concern.

I've tried to find out from the D3 web-site what the miniumum specifications will be, but I've not been able to find out any info.

Any advice on this would be welcome.

Download and run Speccy from Piriform and post back to us with your full specs.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Go for the quick fix and throw 2g of extra ram in there, and reavaluate your gfx card, odds are even a cheapie will do better than a card 3 years old.

However by the looks of the game it doesnt look very "Ground breaking" in the graphics department so i would speculate that it would run on most machines within the last 3-4 years.

Would also recomend researching parts before commiting to a purchse - see how other people comment. 

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

Well, it's DirectX 9 game so we are talking in theory a PC from about 2003 would be able to play it...should keep the WoW crowd happy.

• MajesticoMajestico Member UncommonPosts: 481

Thanks for the advice guys.  I'm quite happy now as I think I may be able to play this game afterall.  Once again cheers :)