Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saints of The Old Republic - A Christian Republic Guild

julmayjulmay Member Posts: 2

Saints of the Old Republic is a Christian Republic Guild whose purpose is to provide Christians with a safe, friendly, and Christian Guild Environment.

Our Guild will focus on honoring God, while being both well-structured & organized. We'll provide Christians with a family-friendly atmosphere along with a friendly & helpful environment. Our moral conduct rules will provide safety within the guild from unwanted cussing, innuendos, and harrassment. We will always be open to new Christian players and will support every type of content The Old Republic will offer to us including Crafting, PvP, PvE, Raiding, and the Story.

If you would like to join our Guild, please visit our website. If you have any questions, please first read the FAQ below, and if that doesn't answer your question, then feel free to post your question in this thread and I will answer them as soon as possible.

Thank you.

GUILD FAQ:

Q: Who is permitted to join SOTOR?

A: Anyone who is a born-again Christian.

Q: Is there an age requirement for joining?

A: No, but if you are under 18, then you probably should get permission from your parents.

Q: I'm not a Christian, can I join SOTOR?

A: Not until you become a born-again Christian.

Q: What faction will you be aligned with?

A: The Galactic Republic.

Q: Is this a PvP or PvE Guild?

A: Both.

Q: I'm a Christian, but my main character is already in a *sith* guild, can I join your *republic* guild with an alt?

A: Yes, but only if the sith guild your main sith character is in is on a different server.

Q: How do I join?

A: Simply go to our website and click on "Apply to Guild" which is at the top of the left vertical menu bar. Or simply click here.

Comments

• JDoddJDodd Member Posts: 2

• King_KumquatKing_Kumquat Member Posts: 492

Originally posted by Homitu

Originally posted by julmay

Q: I'm a Christian, but my main character is already in a *sith* guild, can I join your *republic* guild with an alt?
    A: Yes, but only if the sith guild your main sith character is in is on a different server.

Wouldn't it be more appropriate for your Christian guild to be a part of the Sith Empire?

They did have a pretty strict empire at one time an a reformation and a prophesied leader who's got to struggle with a cripple that's apparently going to be pretty charasmatic.

You may have a point.

Will develop an original MMORPG title for money.
  • julmayjulmay Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Homitu

Originally posted by julmay

{mod edit}

that would not be our desire.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Please cut out the attacks, guys. If you wish to discuss opinions on religion, there's the Religion and Politics forum. Otherwise, let the guild be.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• vectrexevovectrexevo Member UncommonPosts: 167

I'd join if your going sith, republic are weak....  God Bless

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

A religious guild? So in other words a guild that respects other cultures and each other. A guild who does not use profanity or any kind of negative behavior.

Because when you say Christian, I can look through the Bible and that may exclude certain members from your guild. Also as a religious group should you not be... religious instead of playing games?

However, being an absolutist in any sphere of reality does not allow for human flexibility (hypocrisy), which is impotrant since we all make mistakes, or have our own ways of living our lives, yet these rules allow us to be our version of something that is close to these absolute rules or rules (in other words we are all hypocrites). So it is better to be a good hypocrite than not be a hypocrite at all, and just a bad person or a non-conformist who goes against thier society to be 'thought provoking'.

But Christians, and other religious groups in the modern world make for the best hypocrities that I know, so I have nothing against them. Just that, when you bring religion into it, it does seem a bit like of hypocrisy, but we are trained to be good hypocrites I suppose.

So despite my rant, a religoius guild wants a strong code of ethics and a respect for God or Gods depending on the religion. I respect that, and if that is important to anyone I supose it is important enough to do that for thier online evnironment. It creates more comfortable ciricles of people in this wild jungle of the internet. Where atheism is the word that binds the internet, and religios talk easily turns into a troll post.

So good luck Christian guild, and may the Force be with you!

edit: feel free to remove this post (or tell me), if it is offensive.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”