Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Money grubbers

2»

Comments

• xersentxersent Member Posts: 613

omg you didnt even bother to see if it would work on your system first... ???? why not..... why didnt u try the trial on yours????? it really isnt there fault you just needed a little common sence.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by shimmir

Ok so I tried AoC on a friends computer. Loved it, ran great. Spent a few hours trying out a few classes just to see what was there.

Went home and got the trial. As that was loading I figured what the hell and bought the game, came with a free month for new subs.So then It started more loading (understandable).

My wife said I should get a 6 month sub. Her treat (yaa baby).

So I clicked the page up and paid for a 6 month sub.

Turns out my computer cant handle the game even on the lowest settings. No problems with eq,eq2,wow,warcraft,pirates,eve,TR.Hellgate, ect ect.

So I figure ok they can keep the money for buying the game (I bought it) but since I can't actually play it I would like the money for the 6 month sub back.

2 months later with 6 e-mails, 3 phone calls (only counting the ones where I actually talked to a live person). The best answer I could get was we are looking into it. Never got my money for the 6 months back, never logged on since I couldn't play it. I would have had to buy a new computer just to play it, not just a new video card.

Best I can figure is they would rather have 1 more number to show as a paid subscriber for 7 months rather that have a happy customer who now has a better computer and could play it.

Obviously they don't give a dam about the players, simple as that. I have warned others and stopped others from joining or trying the game and will continue to do so.

Free trial is available, you should have tried the free trial to see if it worked on your comp.... thats just common sense man. 

{mod edit}

In any case dude, it sounds like your comp is due for an upgrade, long over due in fact. Should have saved that money from the 6 month sub and sunk it into your comp, sounds like it could use it. Don't try any of the new MMO's because I seriously doubt your rig will run them and I'd hate to see a thread by you complaining about how you bought a lifetime sub for a game that won't even run on your calculator watch. 

I hate to be so harsh, but come on man theres no way you could possibly see this as anything other than your own fault. You managed to figure out how to post on the forums so I know you can't really believe that any of this is Funcoms fault in any way shape or form, not truly. 

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

They dont have to refund you money.  They have a trial so you can see if you can actually run it on your computer.  Its your fault for jumping the gun and paying for it without trying it first or even checking the specs required.

Its YOUR fault and YOU do not deserve your money back.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Plus the game is F2P now, no need to buy before trying!

• SquatchinSquatchin Member Posts: 93

I am very glad to see that AoC has gone F2P, an excellent choice on their behalf.

Would have honestly hated to see the game completely shut down.  They should rake in a substantial sum of cash each month now.

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

it's nice being able to log in and not be obligated to play unlike when you pay for a month.

• MMOrUSMMOrUS Member Posts: 414

Originally posted by morbitangel

just out of curiosity you PAID for the game+6 months before you even knew it would run on your own pc?

if so wel.....

I know it beggars belief that someone would blindly pay for such a long period without ensuring the game actually works on their PC, it's someone I hope all of us do before jumping in at the deep end.

If I was Funcom I wouldn't be eager to give you your money back either, it was your fault not theirs, the service is there, you just don't have the right equipment, same as ppl who are stupid enough to buy an expansion without the primary game, thinking they can still run the game, and then expect their money back, even though they all warn you that you MUST have the primary game to run the expansion.