Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pay to Win... welcome to UWO

124»

Comments

• cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445

guess what I just dropped $100 on planetside cause the cash shop doesnt let me Pay2Win. I am just getting more xp and some unlocks, got some skins, that does make my character look cool and thats it.

Its not like "oh, someone is about to shoot me, let me use this cash shop invincibility item or click on my double speed run so I can cap the base before anyone" like UWO

Good thing I saw this coming long time ago...the greed killed the game. I spent hundreds of dollars on other games and 0 on this game. I had hopes, I had dreams but thanx to Gpotato and Netmarble now they are gone. I hope the server closes and some other person gets the rights from KOEI and releases it again...with MORALS and NO GREED this time, then the comunity will flourish and it will become a small but fun game...

(sad and funny  how people do dungeons and no sailing in a sailing game cause of the imbalance....)

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

this game (along with atlantica) i WISH were subscription games, because at their core they are really super games.  but then someone comes along with a spatula full of item mall crap and puts the ugly smear across the game's surface....

i et they'd make a LOT of money if the UWO folks opened up a no item mall, 10bucks a month required server.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

Think of these people as little time scammers. Lets buy the rights to this title, get some crowd in. Then sell anything we can before the game collapses.

A good example is the latest event where they sell items that can 1 shot (around 400-500 damage) any ship. Maybe 2-3 shot huge well armored ships. Still, you get my point. This is probably what happened:

Gpotato/netmarble: We are not making a lot of money lately, lets sell these items where it makes the game total P2Win.

but sir, some players will be upset and leave the server...

Gpotato/netmarble: who cares, release the kraken!!!!

(players leave the server, large protest begin...)

Gpotato/netmarble: We are sorry for releasing such unfair items, we will get them off the item shop in a little while, so buy while you still can!!!

Players: YAY! they listened to us, they will not sell these items in the cash shop after a few days when their pockets are full and the pvp is totally ruined....

Whats funny is game rating going higher and higher on this site.... I wonder who is voting?

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    Originally posted by cagan

Its not like "oh, someone is about to shoot me, let me use this cash shop invincibility item or click on my double speed run so I can cap the base before anyone" like UWO

Double speed run to cap the base?  UWO has bases to cap?  What are you talking about?

Originally posted by Quizzical
    Originally posted by cagan

Double speed run to cap the base?  UWO has bases to cap?  What are you talking about?

I was comparing it with Planetside 2 vs UWO. Read first paragraph